• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Sosa

But his controversy that always followed him help sell it. He went to superstar status after death, I can't count how many NON-Pac fans there were before he died and would let you know about it. Now that he is gone, "fans" are everywhere.

He got even MORE popular after he died, but he was a superstar before that.

From 2dbz:

“Wiz need to bring out a hologram of his dignity at his next show.”

Yawn.

Dude became popular rapping over these guys beats:

eos460.jpg

Yet everyone was on his nuts back then.

Jay Sosa

hey, empire of the sun is ace.

Not gonna argue that, like them too (well, the few songs I've heard). Just saying he always rapped over poppy beats, that's why it's pretty ridiculous to say he lost his dignity just cause he's featured on another pop bands song.

I know he's (the 2bz) trying to be funny but it's getting a bit annoying.

I dunno, they all have at least 60 pounds on the dude. Oh and Whiz sucks ass. Taylor Allderdice had some really good beats but he just shits it all up. I really can't stand him.

Grzi

I know I'm late, but cot-motherfucking-damn Goldie goes so fucking hard, the beat is probably from Hit Boy's most expensive folder, it's so good I couldn't care less what the fuck Rocky is rapping about.

njean777

I didn't care much for ASAP from his singles I had heard before, but after getting bored of my music I decided to give his newest mixtape a try and actually really enjoy it. Sure it isnt deep, but damn his beat selection is damn nice. Also love to see the love to Houston he gives all throughout the mixtape lol.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Man, what happened to Bun B? I was just listening to Trill OG, and I just couldn't help noticing how bad his flow is now. It's just so. . . . safe. It's s shame cause he used to have such intricate wordplay. Now, it sounds like he's just trying his best to emulate the popular style now, but he ends up saying very little of actual substance.

Just check out two tracks from his old days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyzcW8ZVnsc and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJQlj5coAv8.

kodecraft

Man, what happened to Bun B? I was just listening to Trill OG, and I just couldn't help noticing how bad his flow is now. It's just so. . . . safe. It's s shame cause he used to have such intricate wordplay. Now, it sounds like he's just trying his best to emulate the popular style now, but he ends up saying very little of actual substance.

Just check out two tracks from his old days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyzcW8ZVnsc and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJQlj5coAv8.

I always thought Bun B's style was basic, as far as subject matter he doesn't say anything in any different way then alot of other "OG" rappers. You can't tell anyone from Texas that though since they like to hold on to the past and here about "84's" and "Drank in the cup".

UGK is equivalent to Eightball and MJG imo. That UGK "murder" track, Bun B's verse sounds like a verse MJG would lay down, in the exact some style.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I always thought Bun B's style was basic, as far as subject matter he doesn't say anything in any different way then alot of other "OG" rappers. You can't tell anyone from Texas that though since they like to hold on to the past and here about "84's" and "Drank in the cup".

UGK is equivalent to Eightball and MJG imo. That UGK "murder" track, Bun B's verse sounds like a verse MJG would lay down, in the exact some style.
Well, Pimp C was always the mastermind behind UGK. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uijHb5U1pD8 shows some of their reach. Still, it's clear that his flow and wordplay were his strength. Trill OG just sounds like one long, slow rant that all sounds the same, but yet you can't remember anything memorable that he said. It's sad, really. He was so great.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

wow..

just wow..

first of all Eightball and MJG sound nothing like UGK in content or flow.. nothing..

Bun B is a bit simple but his subject matter does change and the dude can flow on almost any beat.. He is a lot deeper/skilled than people give him credit for

SoulPlaya

more money than God
wow..

just wow..

first of all Eightball and MJG sound nothing like UGK in content or flow.. nothing..

Bun B is a bit simple but his subject matter does change and the dude can flow on almost any beat.. He is a lot deeper/skilled than people give him credit for
He DEFINITELY is. I love UGK. I just think he played it way too safe on Trill OG.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
That's one of Budden's weaker tracks. It's obvious why he kept it off the Mood Muziks. Though, it does sound better on a relisten.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
B.o.B. - Ray Bands. It's okay. Leaps better than everything he's released thus for for his new project.

Joe Budden - Going Thru The Motions. Don't like it.

Also, everything Ab-soul's been putting out recently has been really mediocre IMO.

Smh @ that Joe Budden song. I use to be a huge Joe advocate. Still am on some songs, but man. I'm trying to grind and get money, and that depressing ass music don't be helping out at all. Doesn't help that whenever I listen to him now, all I can hear is:

"Joe Budden, Joe Booty, what the fuck is yo name?
Shut the fuck up with those depressing ass songs /
It's the summertime, get some fucking pussy and go home"

"Joe budden Tv, Joe bitch tv"

"Your model bitches save you / put em on the internet cause don't nobody play you"

"Performing at Cafes, you're still underground /
how you go mainstream and run back underground?"

-Lil B

He half ruined Joe Budden for me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Joe Budden is really weird. He could be really interesting if he wants to be. I feel when I listen to his songs I'm listening to some sort of promise or hope for something better. Dude goes off on Slaughterhouse songs or features too, which is always nice, but his core subject matter and content has potential, he just doesn't know how to construct a song out of it exactly. His songs have this weird pseudo-experimental feel to them, dude needs to find new producers BADLY. Especially ones that can instill some quality control or not be yes men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom