• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

ixBEHuXQ6NGSn.gif

DominoKid

Thats a good track, love Cool Whip, burnin, and 100.

yeah this mixtape really warmed me up to the Coke Boys. on the first two they were kinda a nuisance to me. but they hold their own well enough, if not lyrically, then at least in character.

Tap That brings me back to some vintage Dipset shit. I'd love to hear a remix w/ Cam on it.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
just heard a new song by T-Bo.. it's pretty hot.. makes me wanna make a crunk set..

I'm listening to Another Black Girl lost right now. I didnt even like the first version (or the majority of the album that it's on) so I wasnt expecting much from this and..wow, awful beat is awful. shame too, cause the lyrics are pretty alright. I dont get why the son of a famous musician has such a shitty ear for beats. I really want Life is Good to be a good ass album, why do you have to do this Nas?

Mystikal Going Back To Jail
Louisiana rapper Mystikal, who was released from state prison in 2010 after serving a six-year term for sexual battery and extortion, will be returning to jail May 14 for three months. Mystikal’s real name is Michael Tyler.

On Monday, state District Judge Tony Marabella added the extra time as a condition of the 41-year-old Tyler’s five-year probation in the extortion case because he was arrested in February on a misdemeanor charge of domestic abuse battery.

Prosecutor Sue Bernie told The Advocate Tyler stipulated to being in violation of his probation, which called for him to remain arrest- and conviction-free.

Tyler’s attorney said Marabella ordered Tyler to spend another 90 days in jail but is giving him credit for the nine days he was detained after his Feb. 22 arrest

Detox

I'm listening to Another Black Girl lost right now. I didnt even like the first version (or the majority of the album that it's on) so I wasnt expecting much from this and..wow, awful beat is awful. shame too, cause the lyrics are pretty alright. I dont get why the son of a famous musician has such a shitty ear for beats. I really want Life is Good to be a good ass album, why do you have to do this Nas?
I agree the beat and hook really mess it up but I think peterboy mentioned it was a reused hit-boy beat that plus Nas hasn't really mentioned it on his twitter leads me to believe someone managed to snag the vocals put it over another beat and leaked it. I hope that is what happened just can't see a track like that making it on the album.

Esch

Banned
mystikal might as well stay in jail, at least he's getting free room and board there.

why new chuuwee so good tho? clearly a better emcee than any kid coming up. you already know

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Esch

Banned
Lute is really really dope, I'm listening to it again and I gotta say its top 10 material. The illmatic cover is derivative as fuck but its actually quite representative of his spittin style, he does remind me of nas from a flow perspective. dope shit.

Esch

Banned
Speaking of Lute, I heard this guy Schyler Chaise on his album, and this guy is actually really dope. I'm listening to one of his mixtapes and he's got some serious versatility, succeeding at Blu-style introspective spits, laid back jetlifejetlifegarbage weed raps.... I really recommend this tape. Some good chill rap with some really strange production. lots of guitar.

http://schylerchaise.bandcamp.com/

3787997829-1.jpg

Fucking love Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde. Not as much love for Labcabincalifornia though.

I think that Bizarre Ride is definitely a better album overall, but Labcabincalifornia has a handful of tracks that are better than anything on Bizarre Ride.

edit: I realized that the only album I've heard by Snoop Dogg is Doggystyle after all of these years.....are any of his other LPs worth checking out?

I realized that the only album I've heard by Snoop Dogg is Doggystyle after all of these years.....are any of his other LPs worth checking out?

Everything he's done has at least one or two decent tracks on it so there are a few gems along the way but album-wise nothing other than Doggystyle is essential.

That reminds me, Set It Off with MC Ren, Lady of Rage, Ice Cube, Nate Dogg and Timbaland is terribly underrated.

Esch

Banned
Coke boys 3 is just boring as shit dude. Theres nothing that sets it apart from the same old shit weve seen before from French anyway. Ballaballagarbage is fine and good, but you';ve gotta throw something in there to at least mix it up a little. Turned that shit off halfway through because its not just bad music, its a snore to boot. I've never been put to sleep by trap muzik before but this certainly did it.

Lhexh

That was Juvie and Hov I had no clue he got on that. That was back when I was young and could only buy clean CD's. That wasn't directed towards you lol

Also I hate wayne as well.

can you tell me why in the fuck this didn't get posted?

RIFF RAFF - TIME

yaaaaaaaaaa
lol what the fuck
Well, I dont actually think Mac Miller is better but Hot Boyz are still pretty crap. I'm a flag waving Wayne hater tho.
they got hits tho man!
That was Juvie and Hov I had no clue he got on that. That was back when I was young and could only buy clean CD's. That wasn't directed towards you lol

Also I hate wayne as well.
probably someone or Jay-z was thinking smart and figured they want to sell albums in the south as well so he collab with who were one of the hottest in the game at the time.

DominoKid

Coke boys 3 is just boring as shit dude. Theres nothing that sets it apart from the same old shit weve seen before from French anyway. Ballaballagarbage is fine and good, but you';ve gotta throw something in there to at least mix it up a little. Turned that shit off halfway through because its not just bad music, its a snore to boot. I've never been put to sleep by trap muzik before but this certainly did it.

no but id say liking anything hot boys related is worse than either

i9PlcZttSZeGp.jpg

Esch

Banned
i dont even hate the dude anymore like that forreal cause I think he jumped the sanity shark. his label is a disgrace to music, i dont think that needs any clarification. just look at how this dude acts wearing leopard colored jeggings and all sorts of questionable shit. making terrible rock music. he lost his fucking mind a long time ago and just needs to go away, cause he aint makin even catchy music really.

Speaking of Lute, I heard this guy Schyler Chaise on his album, and this guy is actually really dope. I'm listening to one of his mixtapes and he's got some serious versatility, succeeding at Blu-style introspective spits, laid back jetlifejetlifegarbage weed raps.... I really recommend this tape. Some good chill rap with some really strange production. lots of guitar.

http://schylerchaise.bandcamp.com/

3787997829-1.jpg

The guy's cousin or someone associated with their crew actually posted it in gaf-hop when it came out last year.

And I LOVE West1996. I've played it at least 3 times a week since I downloaded it.

Detox

Not into the overly baggy jeans either but a bit of breathing room is good with just a slight sag. I guess the change of style comes from the young teenage girls who are the popular guys main fanbase? And yet Drake at least keeps it classy, bring back Kanye wearing a backpack to interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom