• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

Who else would have that style without being a blatant copy of jeezy then? Thats what set Jeezy apart, plus its all "trap muzik" you would be satisfied with other artist that make that type of music if your "fiending" for more jezzy type ish.
I know about trap muzik but what I want is someone with the charisma and just straight up having fun that comes across with Jeezy is infectious.

Pol_Pothead said:
I would have thought that Gucci Mane is probably the closest stylistically to what Jeezy does. Also Young Jeezy has a whole bunch of mixtapes like Trap Or Die 1 and 2, The Real Is Back, Can't Ban The Snowman and like 4 albums and that stuff can all be found pretty easily.
Thanks I'll check out them mixtapes. I haven't listened to Gucci much but what I have heard he doesn't come across quite as charismatic and enthusiastic as Jeezy

HiResDes

Reks-Straight-No-Chaser_grande_grande.jpg

mad props to reks for real spit two years in a row. This is actually better than his 2011 S/T to boot. <3

Yeah the album is more well-rounded for sure, definitely in my top ten so far.

Kaizer

Banned
Doesn't mean it's your favorite rapper, cuz Kanye sure as hell isn't mine, but who's album would you get in your hand tonight if you met a magical bootleg selling hooker?

I'm gonna go with one nobody's mentioned yet - the J.Cole & Kendrick Lamar project. I'm imagining Cole & K.Dot spazzing out over beats like HiiiPower.

Esch

Banned
Yeah the album is more well-rounded for sure, definitely in my top ten so far.

Its funny because I can't really articulate what about it is better apart from the pace, but it is indeed really good.

Its been a sick year for boom bap, who knew in 2012

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Okay, so I'm forcing myself to really listen to KRIT. Wasn't a fan, tbh, but he's growing on me. Country shit, viktorious, boobie miles and whatever the lead off track for 4eva is are the standouts to me. He's a slow burn type of rapper. Not really flashy, not real deep, but he makes some decent music.

Got to be honest, still not getting the heaps of hype he gets. Maybe I will after someday

Detox

Krit just makes good old honest songs with no gimmicks. Bear in mind those are all off free mixtapes, he does his thing very well and shows flashes of brilliance like some of the songs you mentioned among others. The hope is his album is going to be like his best tracks and then some.

RJT

Okay, so I'm forcing myself to really listen to KRIT. Wasn't a fan, tbh, but he's growing on me. Country shit, viktorious, boobie miles and whatever the lead off track for 4eva is are the standouts to me. He's a slow burn type of rapper. Not really flashy, not real deep, but he makes some decent music.

Got to be honest, still not getting the heaps of hype he gets. Maybe I will after someday

I feel the same way. He's been growing on me, but I really doubt he'll ever be able to make a classic album.

Like Lupe did. [/Recon]

Man god damn fuck these rappers who released their shit this week. I can't remember what I D/L and what I didn't. Right now I'm putting all new music I have in its own folder

Detox

Motherfucker French Montana going on Stay Scheming tour... Stole that hook off Nas' b-side and now his whole career is based off it smh

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Yeah that KRIT cover is clean as fuck, he also explained why he went with that.

This is the artwork 4 my debut album “Live From The Underground”. It's a representation of how I feel about underground vs mainstream music. At times I feel like mainstream music operates on a totally different planet. This illustrates how I've crash landed into the mainstream to bring the sounds from the underground back 2 the forefront. I want to thank everyone for all their support of my journey so far. Especially Team Big K.R.I.T. and my K4L supporters. I put twitter and facebook backgrounds in here for y'all to put on your pages. Let's make history on June 5th… – K.R.I.T.

Killa Kyleon and Mouse On Tha Track dropped a tape tonight as well.

Killa Kyleon & Mouse - Welcome To The Fish Fry

wUqol.jpg

iavi

Man god damn fuck these rappers who released their shit this week. I can't remember what I D/L and what I didn't. Right now I'm putting all new music I have in its own folder

That's what I do. And it's even worse when that folder spans genres. My "Music to add asap" folder currently has 95 tapes in it. I try to listen through a few a night, at the least; the ones with hype behind them getting bumped to the front of the pack. I love it, but the shit's cray.

SoilBreak

Banned
Thanks I'll check out them mixtapes. I haven't listened to Gucci much but what I have heard he doesn't come across quite as charismatic and enthusiastic as Jeezy

If you interested in Gucci, check out Burrprint,The State Vs. Radric Davis,Trap Back, and Mr. Zone 6

OG Kush

Jheeze, No I.D. is seriously killing it. Gotta be one of my fav producers ever. So damn consistent.
Nas does his thing as well. Good track.

DominoKid

cool mix i ran across today. party to this shit.

Daedelus - Curtains Don't Talk (Lover's Juke)
Big Sean - ASS (MORRI$ x Cedaa E$CALADE Rework)
Ludacris - Stand Up (Clicks & Whistles remix)
NHT Boyz - (Yin) &#9775; Yang Gang
Brenmar - Done (Don't Luv Me No More)
FALCONS - That Bump (forthcoming Hellfyre/Alphapup)
Clicks & Whistles - When I Feel (Cedaa remix)
Project Pat - Googly Moogly (FALCONS rework)
Jagged Edge - Tip of My Tongue (Instrumental)
Ciara x Guido - Mad Sax (Armie A+B Mash-up)
Ghost Mutt - Thoroughbred
Dorian Concept x Lil Flip - Flip my Chips
Mouse on The Track - Swagga Fresh Freddie
K.P. and Envyi - Shawty Swing my Way (B. Bravo remix)
The Touch - Bodies Waiting (French Fries Remix)
MachineDrum - Alarma
LDFD - Outtacontrol
Flosstradamus - Hood Fantasy (Ludacris)
XXXY - Kerpow
LOL Boys - Flaunt It (remix)
The Weeknd - High for This (NastyNasty remix)
Falcons - Nigeria

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Big K.R.I.T. "Live From The Underground" Cover Art

obkby.jpg
SO
DOPE

They played this remix video at my school before the workshop began and I was like WTF is this shit. White dudes were going HAM in the audience.

Here we go.

http://rapradar.com/2012/04/26/new-music-nas-daughters/

Nas kicks too much knowledge. He must be one of those dumbasses that think they can change the world through rap. Either way cool track I guess Nas will never surprise me.
This is okay. Doesn't meet the street single hype but I'm feeling it.

RJT

Nas should make a record for kids. "I can" is one of my favourite post Illmatic songs, and didn't he write "Gettin Jiggy With It"? That's the thought I had from listening to "Daughters".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom