• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

I gave the dude $25 for a CD-R with the MP3 rip of R4 on it.

So did I but I still bought a copy of each. Including the vinyl.

Also Kams, the Blu-Ray should show up tomorrow. Put something in there that GAF-Hop will definitely get a kick out of.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Andre 3000 playing Jimi Hendrix? I guess he does kind of look the part. And it's not like andre is doing anything of value musically these days, so he might as well go get some work elsewhere.

kodecraft

Andre 3000 playing Jimi Hendrix? I guess he does kind of look the part. And it's not like andre is doing anything of value musically these days, so he might as well go get some work elsewhere.

This has been in talks for years I first heard about Andre playing Jimi in 2007.

Bishman

Hip Hop fans rejoice! All the artists that are selling their soul for the pop world are now receiving their punishment. We are now in the era of quality music. Turn your back on your core fans, and be prepared to flop!

First Nicki Minaj... now B.o.B.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi
4k at 52% in

laughing-patrick-spongebob-spongebob-squarepants-Favim.com-236895.gif

DominoKid

Hip Hop fans rejoice! All the artists that are selling their soul for the pop world are now receiving their punishment. We are now in the era of quality music. Turn your back on your core fans, and be prepared to flop!

First Nicki Minaj... now B.o.B.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi
4k at 52% in

http://s2.favim.com/orig/28/laughing-patrick-spongebob-spongebob-squarepants-Favim.com-236895.gif[iMG][/QUOTE]

nicki got that single money coming in for a while. she'll be fine. they just screwed up the marketing and promotion for this album.
bob has no buzz right now. but i can see something from that album catching.

hip hop fans dont buy albums anyway. playing to us is a losing proposition.

This song was ridiculous, almost offensively so and showed Lupe's sheer ineptitude when attempting to deal with race / politics / anything really.
I felt embarrassed after listening.
what? how is a hopeful, anti-racist, anti-bigot song "offensive" and embarrassing? You must be deliberately misinterpreting what's said in it. I hope your argument isnt like the ones I read on the youtube page of this track, cause THAT would be embarrassing, lol.

DominoKid

what? how is a hopeful, anti-racist, anti-bigot song "offensive" and embarrassing? You must be deliberately misinterpreting what's said in it. I hope your argument isnt like the ones I read on the youtube page of this track, cause THAT would be embarrassing, lol.

just cause its hopeful doesnt mean it was done well.
you dont get points for trying.

DominoKid

on another note, this Killer Mike album is raw.
i had my doubts that El-P could pull off some true southern shit but this shit nice.
it's some rattlers on this.

siddx

B grade rappers:
Schoolboy Q
Kendrick

C grade rappers:
Jay Rock

I don't give a fuck
Ab-Soul

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Ignorant mixes are so spot on, so hype, loving eleven.

In unrelated IRL news, I had a really bittersweet weekend. Went out to a couple of bars and actually pulled a bunch of last minute digits, though I couldn't make more happen because I carpooled with my best friend and his gf. Anyway, as we're leaving they get in a big fight (he's shitfaced) and we are stranded until I call and calm her down. Then on the way home he continues to call her shit and accuses me of hitting on her, until she finally slaps him. He proceeds to push her hard as fuck while she's driving and she almost hits a park car. As the car stopped I had to pull his ass out of the car and talk some sense into him, which he's still pissed about.

I also ate sushi with my ex last night and caught feelings after we went back to her place and watched cheesy horror movies, capping off a really bittersweet weekend.

Your best friend is going to have to learn to control his drank. I had a friend like that, would get totally trashed and just go off on people. He basically lost all of his friends and his family stopped dealing with him. He now doesn't drink at all, but the bridges have been burned. Have a talk with your boy and tell him how it is. That is if he is really your friend. If he still doesn't get it, then deuces.

iavi

Rank your favorite TDE members in order? Best albums?

Kendrick
Q
Ab Soul

Though the caveat: I've only really listened to Lamar. I dug HnC, but didn't find it to be omgfuckingamazing, and am still sleeping on Setbacks. Always dig Q on Ft.'s though. Ab soul I've only heard on Ft's. Seems alright.

T Dollarz

Section.80>HnC>Follow Me Home>Setbacks

Schoolboy>Kendrick>Jay>Ab

I could see all this changing in just a few months though. HnC is growing on me to the point where I might put it above Section.80.

siddx

I'd take a maybach anyday.

You'd be driving an ugly, impractical, overpriced vehicle that will bankrupt you in the first month. Only reason I'd ever take a maybach is to sell it and buy a car that isn't complete shit.

Lhexh

You'd be driving an ugly, impractical, overpriced vehicle that will bankrupt you in the first month. Only reason I'd ever take a maybach is to sell it and buy a car that isn't complete shit.

If it was given to me I would keep it. Not saying I would buy one.

Macca

I read somewhere the Yela is releasing Throw It Up as a single. Seems like really odd timing. And I was surprised to learn Radioactive has sold 250k in the US. Not bad for having no charting songs at all.

Also oooooh shit more Country Cousins news!!!! Fucking hyped.

“We’ve been talking about that shit forever it seems like. I just actually talked to K.R.I.T. the day before yesterday. We’re both obviously down to do it, we’re just always out grinding. I personally wanted to sit down in the studio and knock it out, but at this point, we might as well be doing an album.

Some other shit about a potential Shady 2.0 record here too.

http://www.defsounds.com/hip-hop-news/yelawolf-talks-joint-album-with-big-k-r-i-t-possible-shady-2-0-album/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom