• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
its a straight play besides Face Down. thats a facepalmer.
Face Down is dope.. you just don't have the DJ vision! lol
I'll give you that its more consistent maybe then DC1, but DC1's highs are significantly higher.

Work, Im A Boss, House Party > anything on DC2

wow Peter talking bad about an album.. but the funny thing is you aren't exactly right..

Granted House Party is most likely his best song.. and Imma Boss right up there.. But I would say that Everyday and Flexing rank up there.. Ready or Not is dope and so is Amen

Bishman

This new Killer Mike.

YesJackNicholson.gif

Hip-hop needs more albums like this. Not a wasted minute. No filler and just a super tight, cohesive album. Just give El the producer of the year award now. Nobody's gonna fuck with what he's done with this and C4C.

I streamed this album last night... so fucking good. Don't sleep on this guys!

Would anybody be interested if I were to make a TopDawgEnt mix? Kind of like the ones Ace makes...
Hell yeah! Fucking right! HiiiPower!

Rank your favorite TDE members in order? Best albums?
Kendrick Lamar
Schoolboy Q / Ab-Soul (It's a tie but favor Q more)
Jay Rock

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
To be fair to Atlantic, Strange Clouds was a pretty terrible record.
To be fair to BoB, they basically hid the album away. Zero marketing, zero exposure, zero push.

They're playing games with him for some reason.

Final sales for B.o.B. is 74k. Atlantic is a terrible label. They better not screw Lupe over with F&L II.

His first album had weak first week sales too, despite Nothing On You. I don't get it: he toured the entire globe nonstop and still bombed. Maybe it's because he's dark skinned :(

Tokubetsu

g2mOw.png

• 1. Mystikal Maze
  • 2. Get Yah Head Bust
  • 3. Elevate
  • 4. Been Fweago
  • 5. The Black God
  • 6. Danger
  • 7. Suck A Dick 2012
  • 8. Grind On Me
  • 9. Bringing The Phonk
  • 10. Don't Give A Damn
  • 11. No Evidence
  • 12. Paranoid
  • 13. Osiris of the East

The debut commercial release from South Florida producer and MC, SpaceGhostPurrp. Entitled Chronicles of SpaceGhostPurrp, the record compiles both new and old material, tracking the early years of this intoxicating prodigal talent. Cast in the classic mould of producer/MC, his musical influences read like a checklist of hip-hop touchstones - Three 6 Mafia, UGK, DJ Paul, Eazy E, Tupac and DJ Screw - revealing him as a true connoisseur of the gloriously weird and wonderful.

Available June 12 via 4AD. CD x 2xLP

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
His first album had weak first week sales too, despite Nothing On You. I don't get it: he toured the entire globe nonstop and still bombed. Maybe it's because he's dark skinned :(

or because he sucks?

TI should go back to Yung LA

kamspy

R.A.P. Music finally realizes Killer Mike's potential as an MC. Runner for AOTY easily.

No one should pass this up. It's uncompromising, but still has something for anyone who enjoys any genre of hip hop.

First album in since HnC that straight up demanded that I sit and listen to every verse on it the first time I put it on.

Esch

Banned
Killer Mike new joint opening with Big Beast made you know it was the jam. Loved it. AND its free on spotify my duns.

Great middle ground between backpacker scene and the dirty south that guys like G-Side, Cunninglynguists, and KRIT to an extent are opening up.

hipster trunk muzik is on its way and it might just be dope

T Dollarz

Please link me to this album everyone is speaking of.

Edit: Nevermind, found it. RAP Music produced by El-P? I'll check it out. Y'all say it's an AOTY contender?

kamspy

Yeah. Big Beast is instantly one of the best opening tracks ever. Bun B even gives a fuck for the first time in a while.

I was gonna start naming other songs, but then I realized it would just be the whole tracklist. This shit is good.

nope still don't like Killer Mike..

Really? First 30 seconds of Big Beast should pretty much sell anyone. Especially Cube fans. I hear a lot of Old School Cube influence on this album.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Tguy how close is gaf don't like to being finished. Am I going to have write 40 more bars and do the the whole thing solo like the egotistical attention white I am?

PBY

Banned
Edit: What? ^Hires, Sid, Recon are good, and Im sure there are others I'm forgetting.

Tguy how close is gaf don't like to being finished. Am I going to have write 40 more bars and do the the whole thing solo like the egotistical attention white I am?

Do not let this project die siddx!

siddx

Edit: What? ^Hires, Sid, Recon are good, and Im sure there are others I'm forgetting.

Do not let this project die siddx!

PD is just mad cause we keep bringing up his love of pac dick. I even give it subtle mention in my verse haha. This song is Definetly coming. If everyone else backs out ill go write a few more bars. There was plenty of shit I didn't get to talk about since I held back a bit.

siddx

Lol just realized my phones auto correct changed attention whore to attention white. I suppose it still works.

Mangotron

Not sure if anyone's posted about this yet, but I just saw that Netflix has the Reasonable Doubt docu and the Up In Smoke concert in the new stuff for instant view.

R.A.P. Music is a great album. Tight, cohesive, dark, grimy, energetic, killer mic presence (tee hee), great beats.

Killer Mike at his best.

20120430-LOGIC1.jpg

This is nice:
http://www.datpiff.com/pop-mixtape-download.php?id=mc6f0bf0

Some creative sampling on this tape, rapping is nice, subject matter is hit or miss, but a nice package overall. Don't really know who id compare him to- just stream some of the tracks off datpiff.

Seems no one else talked about this.

I liked it. It's the first Logic I've heard. It wasn't amazing but the beats are either classic or good new shit like The Weeknd and Inception lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom