• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Also I forgot to mention that Fixed2Broken is a beast as well, he's just never here anymore.

...Not a fan of Logic, though I like the beats

kamspy

Not sure if anyone's posted about this yet, but I just saw that Netflix has the Reasonable Doubt docu and the Up In Smoke concert in the new stuff for instant view.

Damn. Jay didn't even bother getting a line up for his interviews in this doc. At least it's not receding I guess. Sorry LeBron.

Still a good watch. Watching now

I liked it, thought it was decent. You should check out his previous mixtape which was decent as well.

I just didn't listen to it much, I feel like the past year has spoiled me on hip-hop to the point where I'm disgusted at hearing something that isn't grade a material.

abuC

That new Ace Hood song is tough for working out, added it to my gym mix -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbmnOBsXcsk

Speaking of which I downloaded Ace's ignorant7 mix. Pretty good stuff, I only had one problem with the mix and that was when Drake's "best I ever had" started playing. I immediately felt testosterone levels drop and felt like doing Yoga or pilates once it started.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If the question was "would you fuck Tupac if it meant you could then fuck any woman you want" the answer is yes. Most people would agree
WTF.. If you swing that way already then yes... I could see that.. But other than that you got repressed problems son..

Blackace

Really? First 30 seconds of Big Beast should pretty much sell anyone. Especially Cube fans. I hear a lot of Old School Cube influence on this album.
Nope.. Comparing Killer Mike to Cube is like comparing Mack 10 to Cube...

what is it you don't like about him?

Never liked to dude.. He has a real transformer vibe.. Like Wale in reverse..

i'm hot and cold on him depending on the album.

any particular reason?

Killer Mike is to me as Mac Miller is to Siddix

(maybe not that bad)

Blackace

Speaking of which I downloaded Ace's ignorant7 mix. Pretty good stuff, I only had one problem with the mix and that was when Drake's "best I ever had" started playing. I immediately felt testosterone levels drop and felt like doing Yoga or pilates once it started.
Well I don't make mixes solely for your workouts.. lol.. I like to cool off when I come of a mix.. It's a journey.

DominoKid

Nope.. Comparing Killer Mike to Cube is like comparing Mack 10 to Cube...
Killer Mike is to me as Mac Miller is to Siddix

(maybe not that bad)

i think KM himself will tell you that he's gotten lost a few times chasing some of them DF dollars. matter of fact he speaks on it on the album, specifically on Willie Burke Sherwood i think.

but ultimately this is who he is.
abrasive, topical and clever. not afraid to pull back the curtain on some of the shit people dont want to talk about. all the shit people think lupe speaks on well, killer mike actually does.

i put this album up to everybody. give it a shot. if you dont like mike, at least give it a listen for the production cause its nuts. and i bet the shit mike says will start to hit soon enough.

it's playa pentecostal.

I used to get the same vibe from him till just last year when I decided to give him another shot and saw a few interviews and personally he came off as a different guy that he was when I saw him on those kryponite days. But yeah, I do think you should give it a shot anyway. :lol at wale though, I regret seeing the way wale acts..
i think KM himself will tell you that he's gotten lost a few times chasing some of them DF dollars. matter of fact he speaks on it on the album, specifically on Willie Burke Sherwood i think.

but ultimately this is who he is.
abrasive, topical and clever. not afraid to pull back the curtain on some of the shit people dont want to talk about. all the shit people think lupe speaks on well, killer mike actually does.

i put this album up to everybody. give it a shot. if you dont like mike, at least give it a listen for the production cause its nuts. and i bet the shit mike says will start to hit soon enough.

it's playa pentecostal.
After first listen, I almost wanted to make paragraphs on why these lupe fans here should just give up and buy R.A.P. Music instead.

DominoKid

I used to get the same vibe from him till just last year when I decided to give him another shot and saw a few interviews and personally he came off as a different guy that he was when I saw him on those kryponite days. But yeah, I do think you should give it a shot anyway. :lol at wale though, I regret seeing the way wale acts..

i had to stop following wale on twitter. he's so easily touched (at least back when i followed him) that it was embarrassing.

DominoKid

after some thought i want to hear a Meek Mill & ASAP Rocky track. preferably over Jahlil or AraabMuzik

this idea was inspired by Flexing. reminded me of Street Knock

CRS

Oh shit. Big K.R.I.T. going on tour and I am fucking going to every show possible. (Will only be 2, max.)

Wed-Jul-11 DETROIT, MI ST. ANDREWS HALL
Thu-Jul-12 CINCINNATI, OH MADISON THEATER
Fri-Jul-13 CHICAGO, IL PITCHFORK FESTIVAL
Sat-Jul-14 MADISON, WI BARRYMOORE THEATER
Sun-Jul-15 IOWA CITY, IA BLUE MOOSE
Mon-Jul-16 LAWRENCE, KS GRANADA
Wed-Jul-18 DENVER, CO BLUEBIRD THEATER
Thu-Jul-19 BOULDER, CO BOULDER THEATER
Fri-Jul-20 FT. COLLINS, CO AGGIE THEATER
Sat-Jul-21 SALT LAKE CITY, UT URBAN LOUNGE
Mon-Jul-23 PORTLAND, OR HAWTHORNE
Tue-Jul-24 VANCOUVER, BC FORTUNE SOUND CLUB
Wed-Jul-25 SEATTLE, WA NEUMOS
Fri-Jul-27 SAN FRANCISCO, CA SLIMS
Sat-Jul-28 SANTA CRUZ, CA THE CATALYST
Sun-Jul-29 SANTA BARBARA, CA VELVET JONES
Mon-Jul-30 LOS ANGELES, CA EL REY THEATER

Tue-Jul-31 SANTA ANA, CA OBSERVATORY
Wed-Aug-01 SAN DIEGO, CA PORTER’S PUB
Thu-Aug-02 TEMPE, AZ CLUB RED
Fri-Aug-03TUCSON, AZ RIALTO THEATER
Sat-Aug-04 ALBUQUERQUE, NMSUNSHINE THEATER
Mon-Aug-06 SAN ANTONIO, TX THE WHITE RABBIT
Tue-Aug-07 NEW ORLEANS, LA HOUSE OF BLUES
Wed-Aug-08 JACKSON, MS HAL AND MAL’S
Fri-Aug-10 ORLANDO, FL THE BEACHUM
Sun-Aug-12 YBOR CITY, FL THE RITZ

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS.

CRS

What's with the lack of southern states on that tour list :/

Edit: He's performing more in cali than southern states altogether.

My guess is he has the entire South on lock so he's touring at places that's lacking in the support category. Man, hyped and it's still a couple of months away. He was awesome at the couple of Rock the Bells I went to, I can only imagine how hyped a small venue situation can get.

Also, the Curren$y show last week was hype as fuck. Styles P came out, went to the bar for a couple of shots of Hennessy, got ON the bar, and performed his big hits. The rest of the Jeft Life crew were really good too for being relatively new. Fiend, Young Roddy, and Trademark did their thing too and I was glad to see people actually know who they were. And man, the amount of weed was awesome. Curren$y would talk shit if people stopped smoking.

Best part of the show? Cute ass chick knowing and rapping every song Spitta performed.

Was trying to download a mixtape off datpiff and I noticed something that said Meek Mill got over 2 downloads on his mixtape....Rick Ross Rich Forever is still in one million. Not really trying to make that much of a point, but I do think that is amazing. Makes me wonder if Meek could umm pass ross in sales

My guess is he has the entire South on lock so he's touring at places that's lacking in the support category. Man, hyped and it's still a couple of months away. He was awesome at the couple of Rock the Bells I went to, I can only imagine how hyped a small venue situation can get.

Also, the Curren$y show last week was hype as fuck. Styles P came out, went to the bar for a couple of shots of Hennessy, got ON the bar, and performed his big hits. The rest of the Jeft Life crew did their thing too. Fiend, Young Roddy, and Trademark did their thing too and I was glad to see people actually know who they were. And man, the amount of weed was awesome. Curren$y would talk shit if people stopped smoking.

Best part of the show? Cute ass chick knowing and rapping every song Spitta performed.

yeah, I figured so. I'm just salty because he isn't in my city, that's all lol.

Macca

Was trying to download a mixtape off datpiff and I noticed something that said Meek Mill got over 2 downloads on his mixtape....Rick Ross Rich Forever is still in one million. Not really trying to make that much of a point, but I do think that is amazing. Makes me wonder if Meek could umm pass ross in sales
I'm pretty sure that's got to be a mistake.

I mean, if so it'd be the highest downloaded tape on Dat Piff in less than a week...

http://www.datpiff.com/mixtapes/2xplatinum

Wait fuck. No the thing on the side says it's real. What the fuuuuuuck. Meek Milly indeed.

Blackace

ace that tag in the front. even kanye didn't do young chomp chomp like that haha, fucking with you.

Change is fine.

Naw let me know.. if you don't like it.. I will redo it.

And I am convinced that Ye's monologue at the start is about Chomp..

I was thinking how funny that would be then I saw Jadakiss has more downloads than Rick Ross as well. I'm pretty confused right now honestly

Ross isn't as big as he positions himself/his image. Dude hasn't had a hit Billboard 100 song in years, and while he has a lot of street anthems they aren't doing super crazy numbers. I really think Meek Mill could do well if he has the right singles. He needs a decent radio song, and another hood anthem.

I kinda have to question MMG's strat of releasing so many clear cut singles on mixtapes. If Ross had his way, BMF wouldn't have been on Teflon Don, it would have just been on the Albert Anastasia mixtape. Imagine if Meek dropped an album with Ima Boss, House Party, and Amen as singles. Can he come up with better singles than those would have been? We'll see. I honestly think Meek Mill could be huge if handled right. Dude is beyond dope. Not a fan of DC2 but he's one of the most charismatic dudes I've seen in awhile.

Also, I have no idea what Ross is gonna do for his own single. That Nicki song flopped hard, and he completely wasted that awesome Just Blaze beat (I Love My Bitches); both aren't going to be on the album now. Is he gonna drop another heavy bass BMF rip off, or go for a pop song?

Naw let me know.. if you don't like it.. I will redo it.

And I am convinced that Ye's monologue at the start is about Chomp..

nah the change is good, certainly is needed after 5 mins of the same damn beat haha.
Ross isn't as big as he positions himself/his image. Dude hasn't had a hit Billboard 100 song in years, and while he has a lot of street anthems they aren't doing super crazy numbers. I really think Meek Mill could do well if he has the right singles. He needs a decent radio song, and another hood anthem.

I kinda have to question MMG's strat of releasing so many clear cut singles on mixtapes. If Ross had his way, BMF wouldn't have been on Teflon Don, it would have just been on the Albert Anastasia mixtape. Imagine if Meek dropped an album with Ima Boss, House Party, and Amen as singles. Can he come up with better singles than those would have been? We'll see. I honestly think Meek Mill could be huge if handled right. Dude is beyond dope. Not a fan of DC2 but he's one of the most charismatic dudes I've seen in awhile.

Also, I have no idea what Ross is gonna do for his own single. That Nicki song flopped hard, and he completely wasted that awesome Just Blaze beat (I Love My Bitches); both aren't going to be on the album now. Is he gonna drop another heavy bass BMF rip off, or go for a pop song?
Yeah, I think they definitely should of saved those singles without a doubt, but regardless...MMG will be all over the radio this summer.

Meek, MMG vol 2., Rick Ross, and French Montana..going to be singles after singles will be crazy.

Blackace

Ross is making endorsement money now.. So yeah, the dude is making more loot than most...

best GAF rappers:

1. Soul Creator
2. Kampsy

everyone else don't matter

HiResDes said:
PD prefers rappers with deep voices...They're sexier to him.

0e3.png

On another note, hadn't seen this posted:

TiRon Feat. ScHoolboy Q (Prod. Chuck Inglish) - Love Me Not

Grzi

I'm pretty sure that's got to be a mistake.

I mean, if so it'd be the highest downloaded tape on Dat Piff in less than a week...

http://www.datpiff.com/mixtapes/2xplatinum

Wait fuck. No the thing on the side says it's real. What the fuuuuuuck. Meek Milly indeed.

Was the Ross tape promoted as heavily as Meek Mills'?
For me, I had no idea there was a Ross tape until like a day or two before it dropped, but I knew about Dreamchasers 2 long before.
It had the countdown on Datpiff and everything, did Rich forever get that? Maybe it was released somewhere before Datpiff put it up?

Or maybe it's still these internet thugs not wanting do listen to Rawse's music because he was a cop lol

Blackace

Just becase shit is free doesn't mean its good. It had a few "good" songs but nothing worth talking about.

I never said if it was free it was good... But it had top notch productions and two of the great songs and a handful of good songs. The tape was dope.. Still gets heavy burn from me..

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I never said if it was free it was good... But it had top notch productions and two of the great songs and a handful of good songs. The tape was dope.. Still gets heavy burn from me..
What works for you doesn't work for me. Even thoughi agree it had good production here and there. But ross just shits on every track. Every time I hear his voice, I wanna shoot my ears off.

Blackace

What works for you doesn't work for me. Even thoughi agree it had good production here and there. But ross just shits on every track. Every time I hear his voice, I wanna shoot my ears off.
Doesn't just work for me obiviously... Which is why people hyped his album so much..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom