• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
So it would be a NO FUN ZONE where bars like

chain the color of a-kon

cannot exist? gtfo. pretty sure that's why Rhymesayers exists.

Nah, its the double standards thing that really irks me the most, like siddx said. You can say whatever the fuck you want, if you wanna look like a dumbass while referencing race or color with no subtlety or wit thats on you.

the bolded section is too dumb to merit responding to.

OG Kush

Dat Based Titanic. After wrecking my car tuesday Based god knew exactly whatkind of track I needed to bounce back. Sooo Based.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz3BN8X_xmg&feature=g-all-u

hahahhaha holy shit i cant stop laughing./

also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinky
Ofcom, the successor organisation of the two, classifies it as a derivative of the racist term "chink" but notes that the degree to which the term is deemed offensive varies according to age or ethnic origin of the listener.[6]

also love coming across random forums like this:
http://www.texastakeover.com/
always funny shit to read.

Esch

Banned
Chink is fucking offensive. It's the go to slur for people of east asian origin, probably followed closely by chinaman and gook here in the US. Whether its offensive or not is not debateable. If you think it is I highly recommend you try it out on some asian people you might know and see how they feel about it. And you.

HiResDes

No one says gook nor chinaman anymore, those are basically meaningless words except to those of older generations. Rap is offensive, often times self-deprecating, and beyond any form of censorship...If a Ku Klux Klan is able to flow ever a beat like RA The Rugged Man I'll give him a listen, I don't give a fuck.

Trey

No one says gook nor chinaman anymore, those are basically meaningless words except to those of older generations. Rap is offensive, often times self-deprecating, and beyond any form of censorship...If a Ku Klux Klan is able to flow ever a beat like RA The Rugged Man I'll give him a listen, I don't give a fuck.

No.

The use of "chink" in music usually isn't used to express hate. If you asked artists if they hate asian people pretty sure they'd all say no. It's just ignorance from stupid people who happen to rap, would you use the term "chink" in one of your verses? How about "fag"?

HiResDes

The use of "chink" in music usually isn't used to express hate. If you asked artists if they hate asian people pretty sure they'd all say no. It's just ignorance from stupid people who happen to rap, would you use the term "chink" in one of your verses? How about "fag"?

No never, but that besides the point...Also ignorance in rap is nearly a staple in some lanes, either accept it or don't listen to it.

cacophony

guess who's signed to GOOD

tumblr_m27o5v1tJH1r3jsyuo1_500.gif

https://twitter.com/#!/kanyewest/status/201078576676749312

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

they are far from meaningless... try it out yourself

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I don't get 2 Chainz. Lyrically he has a lot of the interesting eccentricities that Wayne once had, but that's about it. Dude is trash

Someone here called french montana an idiot savant, that was bullshit, french is just a plain old idiot. 2 chain on the other hand is most definetly an idiot savant.

Gattsu25

Banned
Lil Boosie Found Not Guilty in Murder Trial

After just an hour of deliberation, the jury in the first-degree murder trial of Torrance "Lil Boosie" Hatch returned a unanimous not-guilty verdict this afternoon in Baton Rouge, Louisiana's 19th Judicial District Courthouse. The 29-year old rapper had been accused of paying $2,800 to Michael "Marlo Mike" Louding to kill Terry Boyd on October 20th, 2009.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...guilty-in-murder-trial-20120511#ixzz1uc4QXXjl

edit: Late... http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37783511&postcount=9805

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Control System just sounds like flaccid dick squeaks next to Killer Mike's RAP music. The production especially just makes that whole TDE camp look like a joke. But I was never a huge fan of them to begin with so it's probably just me.

Butane makes me want to commit a crime

Bishman

controlsystemcover.jpg

Ab-Soul - Control System (Artwork & Tracklist)

1. Soulo Ho3 f. Jhené Aiko
2. Track Two
3. Bohemian Grove
4. Terrorist Threats f. Danny Brown & Jhené Aiko
5. Pineal Gland
6. Double Standards
7. Mixed Emotions
8. Sopa f. ScHoolboy Q
9. Lust Demons f. Jay Rock & BJ the Chicago Kid
10. ILLuminate f. Kendrick Lamar
11. A Rebellion f. Alori Joh
12. Showin’ Love
13. Empathy f. Alori Joh & JaVonte
14. Nothing’s Something
15. Beautiful Death f. Punch & Ashtrobot
16. The Book Of Soul
17. Black Lip Bastard (rmx) f. Black Hippy

Link w/snippets: http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/05/10/ab-soul-controlsystem-artwork-x-tracklist-x-snippets/
Dropping tomorrow!!!
This album is fucking amazing. TDE is going to take over this year.

HnC and Control Systems are my AOTY right now.

PBY

Banned
pretty much. Way to early for me to rank this album. Ab-soul is like the artist that should take awhile for you to digest. At least for me he is.

I think I just prefer Schoolboy/Kendrick's subject matter more. Its more tradtional for sure, but Ab soul sometimes loses me when he goes all conspiracy/fuck the government mode.

Bishman

I think I just prefer Schoolboy/Kendrick's subject matter more. Its more tradtional for sure, but Ab soul sometimes loses me when he goes all conspiracy/fuck the government mode.

Mother fucker government
Mother fucker system
Mother fuck you
I'm just living how I am living
Hiiipower
That’s a nigga religion
Til Jesus come back
And he tell me something different

HiResDes

Ab-Soul speaks in parables in shit, you can't just listen to it at face value...He'll comment on some shit, but for the majority he really doesn't a fuck, pretty much a nihilist.

PBY

Banned
Ab-Soul speaks in parables in shit, you can't just listen to it at face value...He'll comment on some shit, but for the majority he really doesn't a fuck, pretty much a nihilist.

Yeah, I don't disagree. Still, on a relatability level, I feel like Schoolboy is by far the most empathetic, if that makes any sense.

Also- ppl need to listen to that Lecrae mixtape I posted if you get a chance. Its so damn good. AND A MALICE VERSE!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

All I know is Ab scratches that backpacker itch I've had since OD'ing on ignant

Esch

Banned
No one says gook nor chinaman anymore, those are basically meaningless words except to those of older generations.
I think this is a baseless assertion.

Rap is offensive, often times self-deprecating, and beyond any form of censorship...If a Ku Klux Klan is able to flow ever a beat like RA The Rugged Man I'll give him a listen, I don't give a fuck.
Just because Curren$y makes a joke about chinky eyes doesn't mean I wont listen to Curren$y. Its just annoying, and unnecessary. The thing is its not even a provocative or clever form of racism, its just huhghgh when i smoke buds my eyes look chinese hurrrr. fuckin lame.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
This album is fucking amazing. TDE is going to take over this year.

HnC and Control Systems are my AOTY right now.

It's definitely pretty awesome. Will take me a couple more listens to figure out what kind of record this is gunna be tho.

DominoKid

watching this Reasonable Doubt doc on Netflix...

Hov is obsessed with convincing people of his greatness. It's like he's arguing the album's greatness rather than letting it sit for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom