• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
I did for a minute. Haven't tracked him since that tape he dropped last year.

add2front.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?dy99p5uhwrv91xo

PBY

Banned
im talking about Made In America.

Oh. I dunno, I think its just a coincidence- he might be using that song as inspiration thematically/lyrically, but musically they used HAM in the video, I think Jay has learned a lot musically from WTT. Hopefully we get a lot of Yeezy beats.

kamspy

Yeah the Ab album is off the chain to me. A lot better than I expected to be honest.

2 Chainz is a good rapper because he can convey so much personality into his shit. I've been rocking Tity for a while though. He had a ton of raw talent, but now seems like he's enrolled of the Rick Ross school of "How to be a Better Rapper in One Year" (along with French Montana, hataz (yeah, I put a 'z' on that. wut)).

He's one of the best as riding those Luger-esque beats, and since that's what's going right now, it makes him a hot commodity.

Look forward to Big Sean dying or getting caught wearing one of Kanye's undershirts. Anything to get him off the label. He's ruining what could be so great right now. When it's all out there, I will make a FLAC mastermix of everything minus the Sean verses. Bet.

Consequence has zero chains

watching this Reasonable Doubt doc on Netflix...

Hov is obsessed with convincing people of his greatness. It's like he's arguing the album's greatness rather than letting it sit for itself.

THANK YOU. Even this young ninja gets it. Jay-Z is so fucking defensive about his legacy, and seems genuinely salty no one thought RD was a classic until he started the media campaign.

I can just see him trying to tell Rihanna all the intricacies of D'Evils while she sucks his dick

DominoKid

fwiw tho i do think its worthy of the retroactive praise it gets. he's just fucking annoying w/ it like somebody saying "get it?" after a decent line.

that reminds me. I don't think I saw anybody post this especially not phoenix dark

post_4fad2bc1a456e8.62661560.jpg

That Lacrae tape is pretty dope. You lied to me though peter, you said malice was on it and I got no malice.

PBY

Banned
2dope Radio show- Decent mix, with a good tracklist.
http://www.sharebeast.com/x7jh8dnu0e66
Tracklist:
1. Jay Electronica – Shiny Suit Theory f. Jay-Z
2. Nas – NY State Of Mind II
3. N*E*R*D – God Bless Us All
4. Skeme – Don’t Lose Focus
5. ScHoolboy Q – My Homie
6. Young Jeezy – Rumor Has It f. Pharrell Williams
7. Jay-Z – People Talkin’
8. Dom Kennedy – Miss Donna Karan
9. Outkast – The Mighty O
10. Oliver Sain – On The Hill
11. Bobby Caldwell – What You Won’t Do For Love
12. Menahan Street Band – Tired Of Fighting
13. Beanie Sigel – Bread & Butter
14. Camp Lo – Black Connect 3
15. Raphael Saadiq – Still Ray
16. Galt MacDermot – Space
17. Kanye West – Good Morning
18. Roc Marciano – Emeralds
19. Gnarls Barkley – Who’s Gonna Save My Soul (Jota Flowers Remix) f. Jay Electronica
20. Mary J Blige – Sincerity f. DMX
21. Nas – Daughters
22. Mary J Blige – I’m Goin’ Down (Bad Boy Remix)
23. Nas – Warrior Song f. Alicia Keys (9th Wonder’s God’s Stepson Remix)
24. Jay Electronica – Jazzmatazz (Guru Tribute) f. Tone Treasure
25. John Legend – She Don’t Have To Know
26. Lauryn Hill – I Used To Love Him f. Mary J Blige
27. Re-Up Gang – Ni*gas Know
28. Rich Boy – Lost Girls f. Keri Hilson & Rock City
29. Game – Gentleman’s Affair f. Ne-Yo
30. Rich Kidd – Ridin’ Solo f. Steve Jlin
31. A$AP Rocky – Brand New Guy f. ScHoolboy Q
32. Kendrick Lamar – Cartoon & Cereal f. Gunplay
33. Kanye West – Paranoid f. Mr. Hudson

I'm not a huge Wiz fan by any means, but man the beat for My Favorite Song off of Taylor Allderdice is too dope. I think it's the "oh yea" that's repeated in the background.

Tokubetsu

Black Lip Bastard [Remix] is such a great track. They all kill it too, especially Jay Rock...surprisingly and I like Jay Rock.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Let me know if it's right while blunted...

Diggy Daz

Oh it's definitely right ace! Ambitionz Az A Ridah was a great one to start off with, it didn't let up from there and the transitions were on point. Which mix would you say you have enjoyed making the most so far?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Loving that new Ab-Soul. Love how dynamic TDE beats are. They also sound great on headphones and speakers.
I'm really feeling all these TDE albums. They're doing a great job of sounding varied and lacking filler. They just flow. Flow flow flow. I lose myself in'em, forget how much time has passed. Real relaxing. Can't wait for what Kendrick has on deck.

HiResDes

Black Lip Bastard [Remix] is such a great track. They all kill it too, especially Jay Rock...surprisingly and I like Jay Rock.

Jay Rock had the best feature on HnC, and he's my least favorite black hippie member, though I like him better than the majority of rappers.

Tokubetsu

I'm really feeling all these TDE albums. They're doing a great job of sounding varied and lacking filler. They just flow. Flow flow flow. I lose myself in'em, forget how much time has passed. Real relaxing. Can't wait for what Kendrick has on deck.

A big thing I like too are all these little details and recurring motifs on all the TDE albums. They pretty much all cover similar ground but differently. Creates this nice continuity that I enjoy. You just know when a song is TDE in origin. They've done a great job cutting out their own little sound. Not just beat wise either, they're all very much rapping rappers. Something thats not very common in this level of popularity.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
A big thing I like too are all these little details and recurring motifs on all the TDE albums. They pretty much all cover similar ground but differently. Creates this nice continuity that I enjoy. You just know when a song is TDE in origin. They've done a great job cutting out their own little sound. Not just beat wise either, they're all very much rapping rappers. Something thats not very common in this level of popularity.
No doubt, they got a potentially legendary discography ahead of them. Such impressive stuff so far.

Jay Sosa

I don't get 2 Chainz. Lyrically he has a lot of the interesting eccentricities that Wayne once had, but that's about it. Dude is trash

There seems to be a huge demand for bad to mediocre rappers. There's a big hype about some 'new' average dude every year.

What I find hilarious is that nobody gave a fuck about him when he was Tity Boy..I mean dude has been around for like 15 years..

Anyway @HRD: How's the new Ab-Soul?

that reminds me. I don't think I saw anybody post this especially not phoenix dark

post_4fad2bc1a456e8.62661560.jpg

It's a Justice League track for Meek's album. They're made many tweets about working with Nas, but whenever Nas lists the producers on his album they aren't included. wtf man

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Detox b4 Deltron 3030 anyone?

I doubt it. Kid Koola acted the Deltron album is 120% done. They just are waiting for their release date time frame. At least that's what I got from tweeting with him.

Detox seems to be in a perpetual state of it's done but not DONE if you know what I mean.

kamspy

No doubt, they got a potentially legendary discography ahead of them. Such impressive stuff so far.

Whenever I start thinking of this glorious dynasty to come I remember they all signed to Interscope. :(

If they don't sell the fuck out, they'll be the first Interscope artists to do so since......ever!

Section.Active

HnC 2: R3COV3RY

Trey

Disliked the Ab-Soul joint at first. Only three songs clicked.

It's flowing much better now but I already know it's not going to get Section.80 mileage out of me. Overall a solid listen though. Had fun with the change of pace from what I was normally listening to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom