• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

Anyway @HRD: How's the new Ab-Soul?

I'll field this one Dez.

It's the shit

and I didn't have the highest hopes for it. Bangs approx 90% as hard as HnC.

Disliked the Ab-Soul joint at first. Only three songs clicked.

It's flowing much better now but I already know it's not going to get Section.80 mileage out of me. Overall a solid listen though. Had fun with the change of pace from what I was normally listening to.

I didn't think Section.80 would get the mileage it got the first time I heard it. All TDE albums are growers. Even though they're good at first, they get better the more nook and crannies you can find.

Detox

Whenever I start thinking of this glorious dynasty to come I remember they all signed to Interscope. :(

If they don't sell the fuck out, they'll be the first Interscope artists to do so since......ever!

Section.Active

HnC 2: R3COV3RY

Dre just milks every ounce of creativity on their debut and then we spend the rest of our lives thinking what happened? At least we get a classic.

Bishman

watching this Reasonable Doubt doc on Netflix...

Hov is obsessed with convincing people of his greatness. It's like he's arguing the album's greatness rather than letting it sit for itself.

I just watched it on Netflix. If I felt like my best work got overlooked, I would let people know too.

OG Kush

back to that chink Ab soul reference Eschaton are you talking about the line in Soulo Ho3? if so then he doesnt even say chinky eyes... he says this:
"Literate as Oscar Wilde, bringing the terror and tearing the concert down
The spliff will get lit up 'til we look like we come from Chinatown"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
2Chainz to G.O.O.D. Music?

Y1UHQ.gif
2Chainz clarifies that he's not officially on G.O.O.D. yet and Kanye was just talking shit.

Also, is that 2Chainz?!

Black Lip Bastard [Remix] is such a great track. They all kill it too, especially Jay Rock...surprisingly and I like Jay Rock.
I feel the same way too.

Though, even with everyone feeling the new Ab-Soul album, I have no motivation to go cop it. 9/10 singles he's put out for it have been straight garbage though everyone's fawning over it. From the wealth of stuff he's put out from the tape alone, his Longterm Mentality sound and production is leaaaaagues better.

Tokubetsu

2Chainz clarifies that he's not officially on G.O.O.D. yet and Kanye was just talking shit.

Also, is that 2Chainz?!

I feel the same way too.

Though, even with everyone feeling the new Ab-Soul album, I have no motivation to go cop it. 9/10 singles he's put out for it have been straight garbage though everyone's fawning over it. From the wealth of stuff he's put out from the tape alone, his Longterm Mentality sound and production is leaaaaagues better.

You're pretty much wrong (like you always are).

Jay Sosa

I'll field this one Dez.

It's the shit

and I didn't have the highest hopes for it. Bangs approx 90% as hard as HnC.

I didn't think Section.80 would get the mileage it got the first time I heard it. All TDE albums are growers. Even though they're good at first, they get better the more nook and crannies you can find.

Thanks! reminds me I still haven't bought HNC. Shame on me, I know.

And completely agree with TDE albums getting better with each listen, especially Souls stuff.

Jay Sosa

Now I remember why I haven't bought HnC yet..cause it's not on amazon(.de). The new Ab is 10€...rofl..like I'm gonna pay 10€* for a digital copy.

*that's like 30 bucks

DominoKid

i9PlcZttSZeGp.jpg

+1 on digging the new Ab soul

classic TDE shit, sounds good on the first play and then even better after a few spins

track two is my current favorite

kamspy

Now I remember why I haven't bought HnC yet..cause it's not on amazon(.de). The new Ab is 10€...rofl..like I'm gonna pay 10€* for a digital copy.

*that's like 30 bucks

I don't like using iTunes for anything either, but I bought it off iTunes just to push it up that chart. Is it that much on iTunes?

Also, when did the exchange rate go to 3:1?

kamspy

Nah. Those singles didn't even have any redeemable features. Production and flow especially wishy-washy. Not even hating, I'm simply disappointed. Just bad.. songs.

idk what single he put out, but I will vouch like everyone else that the vibe is almost like you'd imagine a HnC Vol 2 to sound like.

I mean, it's no Finally Famous, but what is?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I love krizzle but I really dont think "I got this" is that great, it's pretty average, *please don't hurt me*. Another track like country shit would have been great for a first single.

I was kind of so so on it at first but the more I listen to it the more I love it. FUCK THESE HATERS FUCK THESE HOE!
Just a really fun song.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
idk what single he put out, but I will vouch like everyone else that the vibe is almost like you'd imagine a HnC Vol 2 to sound like.

I mean, it's no Finally Famous, but what is?
My impressions were it sounded nothing like HnC. Same TDE producers perhaps but completely different sound. Dirtier and darker sound. Not a fan.

EDIT: Semi-relevant. J. Cole Interview. I like the way he talks about putting value back on music, interesting topic that I can see being good for discussion. I think both TDE and Ye's approaches are both valid, and a clear example of it going wrong is Yelawolf with his Trunk Muzik series. Then again, on the other side you have people like KRIT who build the foundation with free releases first, but then offer premium products (physical or vinyl) for the die hards who go back. What do you guys think about artists attempting to put some value on their music?

iavi

Track 2, Bohemian Grove, Illuminate, and Double Standards are fucking GREAT tracks.

Terrorist Threat and Nothing's Something are my personal favs. In those you have Danny Brown with bar that's certified classic, and a track that's what "Addiction PT.2" would sound like if Kanye could still produce/write. Can't beat that.

iavi

Zeroh - Tape

Can't believe I let this release date come and go. Anyway, for the unfortunate few of you who don't know of Zeroh, he's an acquired taste, to say the least, and for those of you who do; enjoy, mah niggas. I sure am.

CRS

My impressions were it sounded nothing like HnC. Same TDE producers perhaps but completely different sound. Dirtier and darker sound. Not a fan.

I can see that. Especially after your lack of love for Oneirology and Undun if I remember correctly.

Mangotron

So kind of a random request, but anyone wanna spam lists of tracks they like to drive to? Trying to throw a bunch of playlists together, specifically I'd love stuff in the same vein as Love It Or Hate It and Back Like That. Graduation fits the bill pretty well but I listen to Kanye way too much as it is.

kamspy

Kanye picked that out. I'd bet all my possessions in the world.

So kind of a random request, but anyone wanna spam lists of tracks they like to drive to? Trying to throw a bunch of playlists together, specifically I'd love stuff in the same vein as Love It Or Hate It and Back Like That. Graduation fits the bill pretty well but I listen to Kanye way too much as it is.

Big KRIT - Return of 4eva

It's made to ride to. Also:

UGK - Ridin't Dirty
Schoolboy Q - Habits and Contradictions
8 Ball & MJG - On Top of the World
E-40 - Block Brochure (it's a 3 disc set, but if you are REALLY looking for driving music, order the actual 3 discs CD and throw it on your passenger seat. You'll be good til August at least. No joke. Fuck the MP3s. You won't learn to appreciate each CD as it's own sub-entity. It's a deeper conceptual album than anyone on here GAF knows and I don't bother trying to convince them. Most don't even know there's a song on it featuring most of Heiroglyphics, and it's actually called '40 And Hiero'. Some people man.)

Gems free of charge btw.

filler

Banned

Blockhead-Carnivores Unite
Blockhead-NYC Bounce
Freddie Gibbs-OG Kush
Freddie Gibbs-Do Wrong PT.2

kamspy

Or, if you got the hairline for it:

UGcw8.jpg

1. "I Paid My Dues" - 4:25
  2. "New Trump" (featuring Lil' Fly) - 4:14
  3. "A Lil' Some'em Some'em" - 5:37
  4. "Check Ya Self!" - 3:27
  5. "Ain't No Playa (Playaz Sh*t)" (featuring Passion) - 5:02
  6. "Never Talk Down" (featuring Too Short & MC Breed) - 5:37
  7. "25-2-Life" - 5:04
  8. "Boogie Bang Bang" (featuring Franky J.) - 4:29
  9. "Comin' Back" - 4:04
  10. "Hala at a Playa!" - 4:11
  11. "Game on the Shelf" (featuring Get Low Playaz) - 3:43
  12. "Off Parole" - 4:14
  13. "Where's the Party" - 4:55
  14. "Phat Like That" (featuring Jasmyne Forté) - 3:42
  15. "Still Ph#@*in' wit My Folk$" (featuring Primo, T-Lowe, D-Moe, Nate The Banksta & Hugh E. MC) - 4:47
  16. "Ain't No Playa" (radio mix) - 4:14

T Dollarz

Download Blackace's Big KRIT mix

CRS

Kampsy has you pretty much covered.

Big K.R.I.T. - Me and my Oldschool and pretty much any Big K.R.I.T. trunk slammer. I recommend the compilation I made with K.R.I.T.'s "trunk klassics".

Any ignant Kanye. i.e. Drive Slow

DJ Quik is never a wrong choice.

Just copy and pasting yutube links. Drunk enough that format doesn't matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWSLM2lFjvg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIupvCZJaoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvGmn0FbVc0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0OUqgC6xm8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMXD-OCHtIc

Dr. Dre is also really good stuff. Hell, listen to Ace's mixes. That's more than enough qulaity shit right there.

kamspy

Danny Brown on Jay Dee's Revenge -

that bitch look like Wish Bone

Rap is done. Close the thread. Shut down the iTunes and Amazon MP3 hip hop sections. Unhook your mics fellas. Show's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom