• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishman

I liked the production on Oneirology though, I just thought as a package it was a bit boring. Undun was good, it just didn't stick with me for long for some reason. Same goes for The Dreamer, The Believer in fact.

Anyways, Live From The Underground Tracklist:

1. LFU300MA (Intro)
2. Live From The Underground
3. Cool 3 Be Southern
4. I Got This
5. Money On The Floor ft. 8Ball & MJG and 2 Chainz
6. What U Mean ft. Ludacris
7. My Sub (Pt. 2: The Jackin’)
8. Don’t Let Me Down
9. Porchlight ft. Anthony Hamilton
10. Pull Up ft. Big Sant & Bun B
11. Yeah Dats Me
12. Hydroplaning ft. Devin The Dude
13. If I Fall ft. Melanie Fiona
14. Rich Dad, Poor Dad
15. Praying Man ft. B.B. King
16. Live From The Underground (Reprise) ft. Ms. Linnie

June 5th can't come any sooner. I am a little disappointed by the lack of surprise big guests. The features are what I expected from Big K.R.I.T..

Bishman

Whenever I start thinking of this glorious dynasty to come I remember they all signed to Interscope. :(

If they don't sell the fuck out, they'll be the first Interscope artists to do so since......ever!

Section.Active

HnC 2: R3COV3RY

TDE mangement said when they signed to a label, they would still have creative control.

My impressions were it sounded nothing like HnC. Same TDE producers perhaps but completely different sound. Dirtier and darker sound. Not a fan.

EDIT: Semi-relevant. J. Cole Interview. I like the way he talks about putting value back on music, interesting topic that I can see being good for discussion. I think both TDE and Ye's approaches are both valid, and a clear example of it going wrong is Yelawolf with his Trunk Muzik series. Then again, on the other side you have people like KRIT who build the foundation with free releases first, but then offer premium products (physical or vinyl) for the die hards who go back. What do you guys think about artists attempting to put some value on their music?
J. Cole is right. It terrible how I can not give J. Cole $$ for the Warm Up and Friday Night Lights. TDE is on the right path by putting a value on all their music. I'm not sure if it will work out for KRIT. He gave us all quality mixtapes and hopefully the people come out and support his actually retail album.

...So Good

...Also on some downtempo shit, but less singing

M.A.R.S. (Video)

...Some of this might have been posted, if so just reupping
HiResDes dropping that heat! This is so fucking good. My friends will love this shit.

RPS37

Yo GAF-HOP

ME ME ME

What happened with my beat and whatnot?
Is there a backlash for Control System already?
I miss Alori Joh.

P.S. I need to webcam my ass rapping for y'all like yesterday.

Uploading a "freestyle" right now finally.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If KRIT really wants to be more successful, he needs to collaborate more with non-Southern artists. Huge mistake.
This is true. I think he's just very caught up in making a definitive Southern classic, and getting the unique opportunity to work with so many of the Southern artists he envies and grew up on.

Thing is, features are hardly a crutch for K.R.I.T.. Dude's a one man machine.

Whoa, how/when did you get juniored?

iavi

If KRIT really wants to be more successful, he needs to collaborate more with non-Southern artists. Huge mistake.

I don't think so. With features like the Fiona and King, he knows his exact lane, and the lane will reward him for it, I'm pretty sure. If I was to bet, Id say he'll do half Cole numbers-double Yela. 100k~

PBY

Banned
I don't think so. With features like the Fiona and King, he knows his exact lane, and the lane will reward him for it, I'm pretty sure. If I was to bet, Id say he'll do half Cole numbers-double Yela. 100k~

Don't see him getting past 50k

Never listened to Ab-Soul before Control System. I'm loving it.

I'm listening to Longterm Mentality now.

I might like Control System more than Section 80 right now.

PBY

Banned
Never listened to Ab-Soul before Control System. I'm loving it.

I'm listening to Longterm Mentality now.

I might like Control System more than Section 80 right now.

U listen to habits and contradictions?

Also- anyone here listen to this yet?
KKCDKCKNNSCRMN_500.jpg

U listen to habits and contradictions?

Yea I really liked HnC. But right now, its Control System > Section 80 > HnC

I'm not sure.. I really like them both but right now Control System is on repeat.

Off of Section 80 what's your favorite songs? My favorite song is Ronald Reagan Era, HiiiPower, The Spiteful Chant

Track Two though.

Esch

Banned
control system: dope beats, really really great versatility shown from absoul, and the perfect feature sprinkling. Its just lacking a cohesive point really. ab soul idk what this guy is about. except doing drugs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I still predict 100-200K for K.R.I.T. Even if his appeal isn't maximized, he's pretty likeable and his sound appeals to a great variety of people's tastes I think.

I had to rapgenius the song Pineal Gland just to understand the song fully.

How much I ended up researching after that song was crazy. So much knowledge being passed around.

I really like Krit, definitely picking up the album day 1.

But I think if B.o.B only did 70K his first week, I can only see Krit doing around 50-80K

HiResDes

I had to rapgenius the song Pineal Gland just to understand the song fully.

How much I ended up researching after that song was crazy. So much knowledge being passed around.

I really like Krit, definitely picking up the album day 1.

But I think if B.o.B only did 70K his first week, I can only see Krit doing around 50-80K
Just watch Enter the Void

RPS37

"even if i'm feeling like a dolphin trapped in a fishtank"
lol, that line got me, but in a good way- veery clever

Very good overall, you should write it down and put it over a beat, it would definitely sound awesome.

Thanks! It is all written and mostly memorized except toward the end. I can't count bars that well.

Dope. And I agree with peterb0y, you should put this over a beat.

This is the beat I'm sampling

Dope shit.
You helped. You guided my taste in Hip Hop.
"Looking for the best tapes, I just PM HI RES"

That was pretty damn hot. I'll echo: get this over a beat.

Been working on this with a friend for what seems like a lifetime. Almost there.

DON'T DO HALLUCINOGENICS IF YOU'RE A WELL ADJUSTED HUMAN BEING.
DO EVEN MORE

I dunno if this is directed at me, but Imma take it and say I agree!

Kad5

Hey I was wondering what you guys would think of a "cinematic" hip-hop album?

An album that tells a story and uses epic classical music samples while consisting of "skits" that actually tell a story and contain very brief dialogue. The production would tell a story in itself.

And I mean different than Deltron 3030.

I was thinking about telling a story of a man who is living an unfortunate life riddled with drug addiction and war who ends up developing a dialogue connection with what he perceives to be God.

Detox

I don't think there is something like that but you should get Prince Paul - A prince among thieves, it tells a story and is a classic.

Kendrick on Illuminate......noice.

I enjoyed Control System on first listen more than HnC on first listen. Never really gave Ab-Soul a chance, but this is some real good stuff.

What do you mean Lads? douchey looking white dudes rapping? Yes we have those.

Lads are dudes who wear trackpants, running sneakers etc. and speak a lot in pig latin. Wondered if it was an Aussie subculture thing or not, figured best way to know would be to see if someone like Kerser is in the states. They usually look pretty junkie. Not all white, some of em lebs or from the balkans.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
My Yamaha I posted earlier was a HTIB 5.1 system. I didn't post the speakers, but they are just 5 regular small satellite speakers + a sub. Hardly shitty speakers, but they aren't exactly B&Ws either. They work perfectly fine for me for now until I move and upgrade my whole system to something HDMI based.

CRS

Hey I was wondering what you guys would think of a "cinematic" hip-hop album?

An album that tells a story and uses epic classical music samples while consisting of "skits" that actually tell a story and contain very brief dialogue. The production would tell a story in itself.

And I mean different than Deltron 3030.

I was thinking about telling a story of a man who is living an unfortunate life riddled with drug addiction and war who ends up developing a dialogue connection with what he perceives to be God.

The Roots' Undun.

Detox

LOL I'm sitting on the bus waiting for the pic to load on this shitty connection and thinking no way I'm going to laugh and I just bust out.

Everyone affiliated with Jay got that losing face, need to photoshop Cole in there.

Bishman

Freeway stay losing. LOL

j2VQS.jpg

Funny as hell

LOL I'm dying laughing right now.

Krit is going to flop bad. Def Jam did a horrible job with his marketing / promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom