• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Didn't see it posted, so apologies if it already has been.

New 11 track DMX EP: The Weigh In.

Tracklist:
1. The Weigh In Intro
2. Were I Wanna Be Feat. Big Stan (Produced By Niam Son)
3. Shit Dont Change Feat. Snoop Dogg (Produced By Dr Dre)
4. Last Hope Skit
5. Last Hope Feat. Andreena Mills (Produced By Rich Kid)
6. Lil Wayne Interlude
7. Were My Dogs At (Produced By Wayno)
8. Tyrese Speaks
9. That’s My Baby Feat. Tyrese
10. Right Or Wrong (Produced By Dame Grease)
11. DJ Envy Interlude

I'll wait for y'all to test the waters.

Grakl

One of my friends has never really listened to any hiphop whatsoever and doesn't know what to expect - I know what I like but it may not be 'approachable.' You guys got anything that first got you in to the genre, or may be good for someone new?

Macca

One of my friends has never really listened to any hiphop whatsoever and doesn't know what to expect - I know what I like but it may not be 'approachable.' You guys got anything that first got you in to the genre, or may be good for someone new?
Yeezy is pretty approachable. Try some College Dropout.

HiResDes

Play him some Tribe, and if he can't appreciate it in the least defriend him instantly.

I like how Jay-Z claims he lets artists create what they want without being ruled by singles, when in reality Act II and Cole's album were delayed while he waited for a single. You need more people, Camel

Act II rarely enters my thoughts, especially now that it seems like Just Blaze had nothing to do with it.

PBY

Banned
I like how Jay-Z claims he lets artists create what they want without being ruled by singles, when in reality Act II and Cole's album were delayed while he waited for a single. You need more people, Camel

Act II rarely enters my thoughts, especially now that it seems like Just Blaze had nothing to do with it.

How can that which does not exist enter your thoughts?

PBY

Banned
Dear Rock The Bells,

Fuck You

Signed,

everyone

What are you referring to?
this?
rock-the-bells-lineup1.jpg

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Cause I didn't expect to see Kid Cudi and Wiz Khalifa headlining. Nor did I expect to see 2 Chainz there at all...or Tyga...etc. There IS some good shit there. But at the same time, nothing to make me travel like last year's festival.

CRS

I would laugh my ass off if only 2/3 members of Bone Thugs showed up. I can see it happening too. I would love to go but I don't think it's going to happen this year for me.

Two things will happen, only Bizzy, Wish, and Flesh show up or all five.

Also, the top spots are fucking pathetic for a hip-hop show. Find it funny how 6/7 of them have asterisks and won't be at all the shows.

Man, that line-up really is shitty. I feel like Cudi would be horrible in a festival setting, especially one like Rock the Bells. That line-up has music from opposite sides of the spectrum which in theory is nice but shitty for fans.

iavi

Yeah, it's a pretty weak line-up. I'm going for 40water, Too Short, TDE and Yela though. Dom Kennedy might be fun too.

iavi

I would laugh my ass off if only 2/3 members of Bone Thugs showed up. I can see it happening too. I would love to go too but don't think it's going to happen this year for me.

Two things will happen, only Bizzy, Wish, and Flesh show up or all five.

Also, the top spots are fucking pathetic for a hip-hop show. Find it funny how 6/7 of them have asterisks and won't be at all the shows.

Yeah, luckily KRIT's touring. The way I see it: anything past that is iceing on the cake. I'm almost as hyped for the El-P/Exquire show though.

CRS

I would go only for the entire performance of hip-hop's best album and their best song.

Oh and Deltron. I'm glad that they're on the line-up pretty much confirming that Deltron Event II will be released this year.

Esch

Banned
just reading wiz khalifa, lupe, cole, atmosphere, and mac miller in such big font made my eyes bleed

perfect setlist if you're a 14 year old or
peterboy

iavi

A non-hip-hop rec:

The Glass Half - The Glass Half

Though this isn't hip-hop, I'll recommend this in here as I know there are a few Gorillaz fans in here, and this might as well be the sequel to Demon Days I never got; it's dark, the vocalist sounds like Damon Albarn, it's moving, it's experimental, and is indeed catchy as all hell.

I mean, seriously, just LISTEN TO THIS TRACK: http://theglasshalf.bandcamp.com/track/hereafter
THEN THIS ONE: http://theglasshalf.bandcamp.com/track/forbidden-fruit

Drown me in the glass.

A non-hip-hop rec:

The Glass Half - The Glass Half

Though this isn't hip-hop, I'll recommend this in here as I know there are a few Gorillaz fans in here, and this might as well be the sequel to Demon Days I never got; it's dark, the vocalist sounds like Damon Albarn, it's moving, it's experimental, and is indeed catchy as all hell.

I mean, seriously, just LISTEN TO THIS TRACK: http://theglasshalf.bandcamp.com/track/hereafter
THEN THIS ONE: http://theglasshalf.bandcamp.com/track/forbidden-fruit

Drown me in the glass.

Gonna check this out

overcast

I would go to Rock the Bells. Lupe needs to play a hefty amount of cool and F&L though. Deltron 3030 and Black Hippy makes it worth it. Last year was better.

Not sure, are tickets on sale? How much will they be?

PBY

Banned
I would go to Rock the Bells. Lupe needs to play a hefty amount of cool and F&L though. Deltron 3030 and Black Hippy makes it worth it. Last year was better.

Not sure, are tickets on sale? How much will they be?

like a hundred bucks I think, right?

CRS

Not sure what prices are going to be but pre-sale tickets go on sale this Friday. Code is "HISTORY" which is funny because that's what this years Rock the Bells is. Fucking history.

Hey HiRes or Miri, what's the link for the outloud room? Left before I had a chance to see it.

overcast

like a hundred bucks I think, right?
Oh shit, pretty hefty. May skip another year. My minimum wage job won't cut it. I'll see if my friends would be down to go though. We've been looking for a concert in LA this summer while we're down from college.

This or Krit sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom