• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every year people are salty for one reason or another about the RTB lineups. This year blows the shit out of last year and I loved last years show in Mountain View.

Who cares whose headlining, doesn't matter really, they all get a hefty chunk of time.

Oh shit, pretty hefty. May skip another year. My minimum wage job won't cut it. I'll see if my friends would be down to go though. We've been looking for a concert in LA this summer while we're down from college.

This or Krit sounds good.

The lawn tickets for RTB were no more than $50 last year, the most expensive ones were about $120

Macca

Fuck, I'd kill to be able to go to something like Rock The Bells. Americans are so damn lucky when it comes to the availability of shows and shit.

rock the bells lineup looks pretty fucking awesome. if i can get a few friends to come along, ill go to the NJ show definitely

also wanna go to lollapalooza..i wanna see half the damn lineup. though i dunno if i wanna go bad enough to drop $400 on a ticket + hotel and shit ...

lol, well there are other artists i enjoy but not crazy enough about them to see them live. maybe godspeed, sleigh bells, beach house and araab but thats it really.

whereas id love to see the shit out of krit, asap and clams

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Dear Rock The Bells,

Fuck You

Signed,

everyone

What are you referring to?
this?
rock-the-bells-lineup1.jpg

Cause I didn't expect to see Kid Cudi and Wiz Khalifa headlining. Nor did I expect to see 2 Chainz there at all...or Tyga...etc. There IS some good shit there. But at the same time, nothing to make me travel like last year's festival.

Wow.. That line is doooope! To see a show? Cube? Meth? 40 Water? Quik? With 2 Chainz and old school Tim? Nothing but hype.. I am down

Also Quik is amazing

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Fuck, I'd kill to be able to go to something like Rock The Bells. Americans are so damn lucky when it comes to the availability of shows and shit.
It's like most the rappers are Americans or something

Detox

Grakl play your friend the old skool mix by Ace if he doesn't like it he has no soul.

Listened to the X tape and it's a decent appetiser for the album I guess, nothing special nor particularly bad. I got it off livemixtapes and something is wrong either its been mixed badly or the quality is shit.

awesome, thanks guys!

btw, I'm not "teaching" my kid hiphop, he seems to enjoy the beat and dancing along to it. I'm a nerdy, white dude in my 30's :) We're both happy to listen to instrumental as well, chill stuff too, obviously language not a problem there, and he's a fan of Pete Rock, Fat Jon, Damu, Dela etc.

Lot's of great advice here, to the Spotify-machine!

Liquid Swords has almost no cussing and Distant Relatives is pretty clean too. at least it seems that way, I cant understand alot of what Damien says.

Esch

Banned
This year blows the shit out of last year and I loved last years show in Mountain View.

193502_o.gif

last year had liquid swords, mos and talib black star, illmatic, ob4cl, miseducation of lauryn hill, and the infamous being performed in full. fuck no is this year better. thats like the pantheon of some of the dopest hh albums ever being played

PBY

Banned
Welp not even peterboy posted impressions of the DMX EP, I'll take one for the team wish me luck.

I listened to it twice yesterday. Really don't know what to think- weirdly the closest thing I can compare it to is Ja Rule's new album. Hes in a different lane kinda, and all the beats/hooks aren't hype at all. Also, the mix is terrible. Its mostly forgettable- also, theres only 6 actual songs on it, that aren't skits.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
How is the new Killer Mike album?

Definitely top 10 material. Killer Mike comes hard on every single song and El-P outdoes himself with the production. Butane makes me want to suplex bitches through tables.

Oddisee is great, i just wish he'd decide what the fuck he wants to do.

Dude is a great producer. Many of "new-ish" producers don't seem to understand bass or drums. He comes up with some dope rhythms, almost up there with Damu in that respect.

He's also improved considerably as a rapper. Still, I'd love to see him do some production for someone like Roc Marciano, Action Bronson, etc

Esch

Banned
Oh you. Nice try but this is hip hop gaf, ya gotta troll smarter.
exactly, if you're gonna be a shit poster (which he is) you have to be REALLY shitty.

Dude is a great producer. Many of "new-ish" producers don't seem to understand bass or drums. He comes up with some dope rhythms, almost up there with Damu in that respect.

He's also improved considerably as a rapper. Still, I'd love to see him do some production for someone like Roc Marciano, Action Bronson, etc
I see him as being a little too upbeat, introspective and jazzy for someone like Roc. Maybe Bronson. TBH I think he'd go better with the Roots/Tribes/De La Souls of the world

193502_o.gif

last year had liquid swords, mos and talib black star, illmatic, ob4cl, miseducation of lauryn hill, and the infamous being performed in full. fuck no is this year better. thats like the pantheon of some of the dopest hh albums ever being played

lol, yeah but what does it matter when most of those acts don't even have a strong presence on stage anymore? You mentioned all those but besides Nas and Blackstar by default, Common actually shat on all those acts last year at RTB.

Esch

Banned
if tolerating missy elliot is your criteria for a friendship then...

im-okay-with-this.png

lol, yeah but what does it matter when most of those acts don't even have a strong presence on stage anymore? You mentioned all those but besides Nas and Blackstar by default, Common actually shat on all those acts last year at RTB.

ill take old and dusted GZA over a fresh and wet mac miller/lupe any day

Nas is much better live now than he was a few years agi; touring with Damien Marley certainly helped.

I wouldn't go see Mos Def scat rap/sing for free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom