• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on, I can't be the only guy who remembers Lupe's "I didn't listen to that type of rap" excuse when he forgot ATCQ lyrics at the VH1 honors thing

Oh come on, I can't be the only guy who remembers Lupe's "I didn't listen to that type of rap" excuse when he forgot ATCQ lyrics at the VH1 honors thing

It was shitty, but he also said he was more into 8 Ball & MGJ, which doesnt come out in his lyrics, but I can see where he is coming from. I didnt listen to ATCQ until like last year. Sometimes growing up, you dont get exposed to what others get exposed to.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Lupe: Hey guys here's my new single. Enough bang for the club, enough knowledge for the niggas
Atlantic A&R: Not bad Mr. Fiasco! The hook isn't bad, we might have Skylar sing it though
Lupe: I ain't even mad. Janitor, what do you think
Atlantic Janitor: It's not bad. Oh boy, the blogs are gonna explode when they hear rapping over TROY
Lupe: What's "TROY?"
Atlantic Janitor: ....what?
Lupe: I didn't see that film, too mainstream for me
Atlantic Janitor: No, the song TROY - They Reminisce Over You, by Pete Rock & CL Smooth
Lupe: Never heard of them, Janitor. Come on, you know I didn't listen to that type of music on the hard streets of Chicago.

Needs better writing..

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Lupe should be punched in his motherfucking whoopie goldberg looking face for disgracing the TROY beat with that bullshit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't even know what to say about Lupe at this point. It's just sad to see how different my reaction to prospective work from him is now versus say 2-3 years ago.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
There are always exceptions. I can think of a few women who can get socked in the face and I wouldn't feel the least bit bad.
How about. You shouldn't hit a women, UNLESS she absolutely needs to get hit.

Woopie has been through enough as it is she prob still recovering from that sex change operation.

cdyhybrid

I appreciated this line PD.

Decent sounding song too, but idk. I was never a big Lupe fan, is this what you guy's want from the guy?

Have to hear the whole song first but I'd prefer if he stopped rapping about the government and its foreign policy. I don't mind social commentary but Lupe just goes off the tracks a little too much. Beat sounds nice though.

I don't see what's so unbelievable about that. It's more like people take every chance they can to shit on him regardless of whether it makes sense or not

LOZLINK

Can someone point me Juicy J's best recent shit. Got Blue Dreams and Lean and the 10 bonus songs. Haven't been too big on triple 6

PBY

Banned
Denzel_Aquariuskilla_Curry_Strictly_4_My_Rvid-front-large.jpg

http://www.datpiff.com/Denzel-Aquariuskilla-Curry-Strictly-4-My-Rvidxrz-1993-mixtape.347190.html

solarus

Yes, it was pretty fucking embarassing since he pretended that Q-Tip begged him to perform... when really VH1 just pitched his name to him. Then you got lupe saying this:
I DID NOT GROW UP ON ATCQ!!!…”
THE LITTLE GHETTO KID FROM THE MEAN STREETS OF THE WESTSIDE OF CHICAGO GREW UP ON SPICE 1, 8-BALL & MJG, NWA AND SNOOP DOGG…
I WASNT A BACKPACKER RAP ENTHUSIAST!!!…I NEVER CLAIMED TO BE…I GREW UP ON GANGSTA RAP!!!
HAVE I LISTENED TO Midnight Marauders IN ITS ENTIRETY?…NO!!!…(Sorry Quest)…
GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSES AND YOUR SACRED COWS…SOME OF YA’LL MAKE ME SICK…
AND FYI WHEN IT WAS INITIALLY OFFERED TO ME I TURNED IT DOWN BECAUSE I FELT IT WAS OUT OF PLACE FOR ME TO BE HONORING THEM BECAUSE WHILE I WAS FULLY AWARE OF THEIR IMPACT IN HIP-HOP I WASNT REALLY AWARE OF THEIR MUSIC LIKE THAT…BUT GUESS WHO WANTED ME TO BE APART OF IT….HMMMM…HOW ABOUT…Q-TIP!!!…
Lol
Also

I appreciated this line PD.

Decent sounding song too, but idk. I was never a big Lupe fan, is this what you guy's want from the guy?
I want songs like this again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64EwEc96Y24 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBgSijwAtmQ

OG Kush

Watch the Throne London yesterday was fucking DOPE! When the came out to HAM was fucking epic, also Rihanna showed up for a few tracks, and niggas in paris 6 times. Which was alright I guess but Kanye didn't even play Through the Wire, they could've done Niggas in paris a few times less and done some other songs.

Lupe: Hey guys here's my new single. Enough bang for the club, enough knowledge for the niggas
Atlantic A&R: Not bad Mr. Fiasco! The hook isn't bad, we might have Skylar sing it though
Atlantic Janitor: It's not bad. Oh boy, the blogs are gonna explode when they hear rapping over TROY
Atlantic Janitor: No, the song TROY - They Reminisce Over You, by Pete Rock & CL Smooth
Lupe: Never heard of them, Janitor. Come on, you know I didn't listen to that type of music on the hard streets of Chicago.

Not funny.

Cudder

Watch the Throne London yesterday was fucking DOPE! When the came out to HAM was fucking epic, also Rihanna showed up for a few tracks, and niggas in paris 6 times. Which was alright I guess but Kanye didn't even play Through the Wire, they could've done Niggas in paris a few times less and done some other songs.

That tour is still going on? holy shit. the Toronto show was the best show I've ever been to.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Blackace you magnificent bastard. That outkast mix took everything that was great about outkast and left out everything that sucked. And now we get another ignorant mix? If this was 15 years ago you could be putting these on a blank cd and selling em for 5 bucks a piece.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Should have got Gary Whitta to write this.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Blackace you magnificent bastard. That outkast mix took everything that was great about outkast and left out everything that sucked. And now we get another ignorant mix? If this was 15 years ago you could be putting these on a blank cd and selling em for 5 bucks a piece.

My feelings about Outkast.. really was only about 3 to 4 other songs that I wished I could have found a way to work in.. but other than that it makes you forget that Andre is retarded now..

I am hoping to parlay a store release someday.. lol

Detox

Pretty sure that is just a promotional song for Ghost Recon. I think this may be what Jay was talking about in regards to Jay Elec's album, Half Life 3 promotional track by Jay Electronica.

mUSYm.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gQa_QW4ZJXA <- Breakfast

She's hungry.

So who is trying to hit that? I'm taking a poll.

the beat bangs, i wish someone else was over it tho

DJ Khaled ft. Chris Brown, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne - Take It To The Head video. Not gonna lie, I fucks with the hook on this song. Best hook on a Khaled single in a minute.

word, the hook is pretty good. something about chris brown fenced in like that is hilarious to me

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Kendrick Lamar - War Is My Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjAlfSxiELk

First single I guess - I fucks with it
+1 its pretty chill.
edit: is that a cudi beat i hear in the beginning?

http://i.imgur.com/mUSYm.gif
have him on replay all day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gQa_QW4ZJXA <- Breakfast

She's hungry.

So who is trying to hit that? I'm taking a poll.
no lie. i would hit that in exchange for a decent beat.

RIP.

CRS

Since word got out that Polo-obsessed Harlem rhyme spitter Smoke DZA was linking up with rising hitmaker Harry Fraud for the full-length album Rugby Thompson, the project has been the talk of the blogosphere. Now, DZA is proud to announce the official Rugby Thompson artwork and tracklist, featuring appearances from Action Bronson, Curren$y, Sean Price, Domo Genesis, Schoolboy Q, A$AP Twelvyy, and more. In addition, he’s unveiling the CD-Quality version of “Kenny Powers” that fans have been clamoring for. The hard-hitting album cut inspired by everyone’s favorite shit-talking ballplayer had only been available as a low-quality radio rip until now. Rugby Thompson hits stores everywhere on June 19th, 2012 via High Times Records and Cinematic Music Group. Click HERE To Download Kenny Powers.

Rugby Thompson Tracklisting:

1. Rugby Thompson
2. New Jack
3. Baleedat (ft. Curren$y)
4. Playground Legend
5. Ashtray (ft. Domo Genesis & ScHoolBoy Q)
6. F**k Ya Mother (ft. Sean Price)
7. Game 7 (ft. A.$.A.P. Twelvyy)
8. Kenny Powers
9. Turnbuckle Music (ft. Action Bronson)
10. Rivermonts
11. Lo Horsemen (ft. Thirstin Howl III, NymLo, Meyhem Lauren)
12. The Prelude To Judgement Day

PBY

Banned
Lol., of all people Kendrick is the last rappers I thought would have 2 songs- not with product placement, but instead COMPLETELY about a product. Both the songs are good though, so oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom