• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Eh, rappers crib off each other all the time. It it wasn't Lil Whoopi, nobody would give a shit. Song is good to me, and sounds exactly like pre-dreaded Lu.

I'm just gonna pretend the past 3 years haven't happened for dude if the rest of his album is this good.

PBY

Banned
Eh, rappers crib off each other all the time. It it wasn't Lil Whoopi, nobody would give a shit. Song is good to me, and sounds exactly like pre-dreaded Lu.

I'm just gonna pretend the past 3 years haven't happened for dude if the rest of his album is this good.

Kind of agree with this- except that he sounds pre-Lasers flow-wise, hes in a different lane subject matter wise. Hopeful for fl2 though.

Esch

Banned

I mean i wouldnt be hating as much but it would still be a lameass move for any big cat in the game to do the same, definitely worth some scorn

Exactly. Anyone other decent rap but Lupe and no one would have cared. Anyway, while we're on the topic of CL Smooth here's an awesome song I recently found listening to his stuff on Youtube

NUJABES - Sky is Falling ft. CL Smooth

And it's Nujabes so you know production is on point

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I understand Pete Rock's sentiments but he is really looking petty at this point

1cZlA.png

Have you looking bitter.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I would hate on any known rapper/producer would used TROY on a release, without Pete's blessing.

It's not a Lupe thing. Respect was not shown.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I would hate on any known rapper/producer would used TROY on a release, without Pete's blessing.

It's not a Lupe thing. Respect was not shown.
Thats fine. Then Pete Rock shouldn't be talking out of both sides of his mouth then.
CXctD.png

I understand respect. I also understand not going on twitter and looking petty. Thats all.

The proper thing to do would have been for Lupe to run this past Pete. I agree. If possible. Not sure what the deal was with the label pressure etc.

illadelph

Is it just my speakers or do rappers/producers nowadays do a terrible job of mixing their vocals with the beat? Listen to TROY, CL Smooth's vocals sit right in with the instruments, the drums, the bass, the background "ooooh's", the horn and all that shit, and it sounds so fuckin good. Then listen to Lupe's track...the vocals stand out way too much, they're over compressed, use too much (obvious) doubling, and as a result it sounds very unnatural. It's like, TROY sounds like a song to me, while Lupe sounds like a rapper spitting over a beat, if that makes any sense.

This is just one example out of many...does anyone else feel this way?

Is it just my speakers or do rappers/producers nowadays do a terrible job of mixing their vocals with the beat? Listen to TROY, CL Smooth's vocals sit right in with the instruments, the drums, the bass, the background "ooooh's", the horn and all that shit, and it sounds so fuckin good. Then listen to Lupe's track...the vocals stand out way too much, they're over compressed, use too much (obvious) doubling, and as a result it sounds very unnatural. It's like, TROY sounds like a song to me, while Lupe sounds like a rapper spitting over a beat, if that makes any sense.

This is just one example out of many...does anyone else feel this way?

I know that feel, couldn't put it to words really.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Thats fine. Then Pete Rock shouldn't be talking out of both sides of his mouth then.
CXctD.png

I understand respect. I also understand not going on twitter and looking petty. Thats all.

The proper thing to do would have been for Lupe to run this past Pete. I agree. If possible. Not sure what the deal was with the label pressure etc.

Yeah, assuming the sample was cleared, then Pete got paid. Seems he's upset that Lu didn't come up to him, kiss the ring and ask further permission.

I can't get behind that nonsense.

mac-miller-wiz-khalifa-tour.jpg

Would you guys go to this to see Kendrick and Schoolboy? They just added a Toronto date, and I really have no desire to see anyone else, except for maybe Chiddy Bang who is also on the bill.

I'm going to the Toronto date, apparently Schoolboy will be at every location except the Toronto date -_-

PBY

Banned
mac-miller-wiz-khalifa-tour.jpg

Would you guys go to this to see Kendrick and Schoolboy? They just added a Toronto date, and I really have no desire to see anyone else, except for maybe Chiddy Bang who is also on the bill.

Well... look at it this way- I paid 50 bucks for the same exact tour last year, but there were no opening acts- it was just Wiz and Mac. I had a good time.

Baconbitz

Banned
Just listening to We fly high (Ballin') and I laugh everytime when he says "twinkle, twinkle". This article says it gives him "swag". I disagree. There are some things where no matter how you say it you still sound soft and this is one of those instances. Sorry, Jim but you don't get away with it.

New Lupe is very much like old Lu. I understand Pete's complaint, but he went bitch made with the twitter feud. Also, this is hip hop, everyone samples everything.

CRS

Oh boy, I'm really liking the new Lupe but I'm sure the beat has something to do with it. Love 2:50 and on. Lupe goes in.

What are the chances that F&L2 is nothing but well known remakes?

I mean, it is called The Great American Rap Album.

Oh boy, I'm really liking the new Lupe but I'm sure the beat has something to do with it. Love 2:50 and on. Lupe goes in.

I would love it if it was a bunch of tracks with famous samples. Around My Way was way better than I thought it would be based on that "Freedom Aint Free" subtitle.

GamerSoul

I was thinking along these lines as well. T.R.O.Y. definitely is one of the greats and it would really fit the theme that Lupe might be going for. And seriously, I'd rather this Lupe than the wannabe dubstep-whopper with cheese craziness Loope.

lol @ Ross rocking out gif

solarus

Well everyone seems to forget that this is not the first song we have heard off of f&l 2, "go to sleep" is on the album too and that song is great, production on it is dope too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom