• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

Well everyone seems to forget that this is not the first song we have heard off of f&l 2, "go to sleep" is on the album too and that song is great, production on it is dope too.

Go 2 Sleep will be a bonus track. I'll be very surprised if it makes it on the main album.

Lol the Lupe hate is thick as usual...there are actually people acting like Lupe purposefully went around Pete Rock with the sample, like it's not the label that handles that

some folks are obviously just looking for reasons to dish out hate, cause they've been trash talking Lupe for a good minute now, so they're all about sitting back with their arms folded jumping at the chance to criticize anything and everything related to him. Like that guy who said some line was "ham fisted"
I wouldnt be surprised if you bumped that track listening for shit you didnt wanna hear.
The song was good.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I said they were dope you really distilled Outkast to the core of what make them good, ignorant compared to the last one was much better. I also requested a Jeezy mix, please can we get one?

Jeezy mix? That should be easy enough! It might be my next artist mix.. I have an idea or two for who my next artist is going to be if not Jeezy he is now officially in the queue!

12 was just to get away from the norm a bit.. 13 was back on form.. but not enough new good ignorance to make it proper.. going to hold off a bit on 14 until I get more ammo

Detox

Fuck yes Jeezy mix adlibs galore. The outkast mix for some reason made me think if Andre isn't going to get off his ass and put in work then Big Boi should hook up with Quik, they can put together similar sounding songs or an album.

Blackace

Fuck yes Jeezy mix adlibs galore. The outkast mix for some reason made me think if Andre isn't going to get off his ass and put in work then Big Boi should hook up with Quik, they can put together similar sounding songs or an album.

Quik and Big Boi seems weird to me.. could work.

I think a Big Boi David Banner album would be dope

SKINNER!

Banned
Nas Complex Cover Story

He has a song about how he fell in love with Kelis on the album. I knew he will never get over her.

mp

It Was Written and God's Son but no Illmatic. hmmm.

Kad5

Hey guys I just got ableton.

What are some samples I should consider getting.

So far I have DJ Premier drum samples, Jdilla, Madvillain samples, and some daft punk stuff.

Esch

Banned
Not really, they barely show it, unlike the God-Tier album "It Was Written" And no fam, I'm not even trolling with my Locs on. GafHop-Cycle back in effect.

36 chambers> wu tang forever

i can see the IWW> Illmatic call tho, cause i think IWW might actually have higher highs than Illmatic sometimes (Gave You Power, Take it in Blood, Nas is Coming, etc etc) but you can see why it was panned at the time though, definitely a little bit of trying to buy into mafioso rap theme wise and some clumsy attempts at mainstream success

if you rock it as a collection of ghetto stories and ignore all of that its a bonafide classic

EDIT: GODDAMNIT NO ID JUST DROP THE PROJECT ALREADY

HiResDes

1.Exhale
2.Kristoff Krane 04:16
3.One Man Show (Feat. Crescent Moon) 02:11
4.Always Be a Friend 02:46
5.Becoming Great 02:51
6.Birthday Song 02:49
7.Worm 04:22
8.Mouth of the Beast (Feat. Ceschi) 02:56
9.Got High (produced by Big Cats!) 03:38
10.Parachute (Feat. Illogic) 03:21
11.Hands Up (Feat. Mike Schank) 04:36
12.Infectious (Feat. Buck 65) 02:18
13.White Whale (Feat. Joe Horton) 02:50
14.Wild West (Feat. Sage Francis & Sadistik) (free) 03:05
15.Feeler Felt 02:36
16.Exhale [Graham O'Brien Remix] 02:41

...I feel like I haven't posted something this real in a while, I can backpack too

Blackace

36 chambers> wu tang forever

i can see the IWW> Illmatic call tho, cause i think IWW might actually have higher highs than Illmatic sometimes (Gave You Power, Take it in Blood, Nas is Coming, etc etc) but you can see why it was panned at the time though, definitely a little bit of trying to buy into mafioso rap theme wise and some clumsy attempts at mainstream success

if you rock it as a collection of ghetto stories and ignore all of that its a bonafide classic

EDIT: GODDAMNIT NO ID JUST DROP THE PROJECT ALREADY
Nothing in Nas' library is higher than NY state of mind,,l

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
There are a few tracks on illmatic I like more than ny state of mind. But nothing on other nas albums match up.

And lol at my phone trying to autocorrect nas to bad.

Also I thought nas is coming was the worst song on iww by a long shot, just a complete mess and boring as hell, I had no idea other people actually liked it.

Esch

Banned
I like the nas is coming beat. Stuff like Live Nigga Rap, Suspect, and Shootouts is just an autoskip usually

kinda sad no one else feels Doo Rags like I do, one of Nas' most heartfelt tracks imo

sorry bro, Nas Is Coming sounds like one of those bad tracks on I Am that I always skip.

IWW's starts off well with the Message,wavers in the middle, then finishes off strong with Shootouts, (great cinematic song, vintage Nas) Live Nigga Rap, If I Ruled the World and Silent Murder. But Black Girl Lost, Affirmative Action, and Suspect dont fuck with anything from Illmatic.

RPS37

Click Cover To Download

Been re-listeing to this all day. Came out last July. Next month (June 5th) he's releasing his new album. I am pumped.

Anyone else?

Never post in this thread again and leave your Hip-Hop licence at the door.

Are you honestly telling me because it uses an old sample it is an old beat? Please tell me you arent that retarded. It is very similar. But it isnt like he jumped on the TROY instrumental...nevermind, im not arguing with an idiot.

Are you honestly telling me because it uses an old sample it is an old beat? Please tell me you arent that retarded. It is very similar. But it isnt like he jumped on the TROY instrumental...nevermind, im not arguing with an idiot.

It's almost an entire jack of the original, just with some synth bass here or there and more modern sounding drums. I don't see how any respected producer would make that and say "this is a good idea"

It's almost an entire jack of the original, just with some synth bass here or there and more modern sounding drums. I don't see how any respected producer would make that and say "this is a good idea"

I basically agree, but that was not the point or related to my argument. My point was that it was a dope beat, Lupe went off on it, and it makes me hopeful for F&L2.

SoilBreak

Banned
50 Cent: The Lost Tape

50_Cent_The_Lost_Tape-front-large.jpg

1.Get Busy ft. Kidd Kidd (Produced by 45 Music)
2.Double Up - Tone Mason ft. Hayes (Produced by Tone Mason)
3.Murder One ft. Eminem (Produced by Araab Muzik)
4.Riot Remix ft. 2 Chainz (Produced by DJ Spinz)
5.O.J. ft. Kidd Kidd (Produced by Mike Will)
6.I Aint Gonna Lie ft. Robbie Nova (Produced by G Sparkz)
7.Complicated (Produced by Chris Teeb)
8.You A Killer..Cool (Produced by 8track)
9.Remain Calm ft. Snoop Dogg, Precious Paris (Produced by Kon Hathaway)
10.Cant Help Myself (Produced by Slimm Gemm)
11.When I Pop The Trunk ft. Kidd Kidd (Produced by Illmind)
12.Planet 50 ft. Jeremih (Produced by Swiff D)
13.Swag Level (Produced by Dready)
14.Lay Down (Smoked) ft. Ned The Wino (Produced by Jake Uno)
15.All His Love (Produced by Illmind)

iavi

Yesssss. Weekly Nardwuar will be something to look fucking forward to. Best journalist in the industry.

Click Cover To Download

Been re-listeing to this all day. Came out last July. Next month (June 5th) he's releasing his new album. I am pumped.

Anyone else?

Ah, Treazon; I remember him for his broship with Quest, but haven't actually checked him out much otherwise. I'll definitely check the album, though.

Btw, how the hell did you get juniored?

If you're going to use a old sample, that already has been used, flip it and kill it. Here an example.

Q-Tip-Getting Up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRmrOIQczJY

Madlib-Understanding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Al6jOopPQ

The latter(Which is better)came out first, but the former didn't straight rock it like that.

If you're going to use a old sample, that already has been used, flip it and kill it. Here an example.

Q-Tip-Getting Up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRmrOIQczJY

Madlib-Understanding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Al6jOopPQ

The latter(Which is better)came out first, but the former didn't straight rock it like that.

I agree, but that wasnt part of my argument, you went and got pissy for no reason really. Whether or not it is a lazy use of a sample wasnt being debated.

iavi

HOLY SHIT. This new Cocaine 80's is some got damn fire. I mean, No I.D, on this mocha smooth R&B track, his ass just pulled a blastbeat with that kick, AND IT FUCKING WORKED. IT WORKED! I'm overwhelmed here. My favorite genres are converging in the best way possible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HOLY SHIT. This new Cocaine 80's is some got damn fire. I mean, No I.D, on this mocha smooth R&B track, his ass just pulled a blastbeat with that kick, AND IT FUCKING WORKED. IT WORKED! I'm overwhelmed here. My favorite genres are converging in the best way possible.
Word. The other recent releases from them didn't have me as excited as this. First half of the song is so good before it even gets to the Nas bit.

I agree, but that wasnt part of my argument, you went and got pissy for no reason really. Whether or not it is a lazy use of a sample wasnt being debated.

Lazy Production+Already used sample=Not a new beat, that's reality. Only because the producer added sprinkles to his vanilla ice cream doesn't change the fact is still vanilla. Sprinkles adds color, not flavor. This shit reminds of the whole J-Lo vs Beatnuts bs. You probably defended J-Lo producers for that one as well.

You know I just realized Asap Rocky was dissing Raiden clan on that Yao Ming remix, I thought him and spaceghostpurpp was cool. I thought it was pretty weird that SGP wasn't hanging out with him for awhile when it seemed like Rocky was really trying to put him on.

Blu heard Lupe was making a comeback, so he decided to go into a studio and not his closest. Seriously, decent song, I'd say dope considering Blu recent outputs oh and it's mixed and mastered guys

Blu heard Lupe was making a comeback, so he decided to go into a studio and not his closest. Seriously, decent song, I'd say dope considering Blu recent outputs oh and it's mixed and mastered guys

I gave up on Blu awhile ago, but will listen after work. I understand he didn't want to be a big rapper dude and sell out, but he could have been dominating the underground scene if he wanted it.

People LOVE that first album with Exile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom