• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

I hope so( for a hit, not one like Work Out...*puke* ), Peso is fucking dope though, I need more of that. Out of all the swag rappers, I do think Rocky is by far the most marketable.

Ha, yeah, you won't see me praying for a Work Out like track either. I thought Goldie would be the single to take off, but it hasn't taken root. It's my jam, anyway.

HiResDes

Ha, yeah, you won't see me praying for a Work Out like track either. I thought Goldie would be the single to take off, but it hasn't taken root. It's my jam, anyway.

When I first heard goldie I was like yo this is decent I guess, but then I saw the video and somehow the song became twice as bumpable.

damn my last post was at the end of the page :(. hate that, I can see asap getting up there, personally don't think he should of signed onto a label so fast though. But that's just me.
I can see that, but Rocky doesn't come off as the guy who all about his own limelight from watching his freestyles and stuff. Like he'd make sure that other members get into the freestyles and push the mic towards them if he has to. I'll find the video, but what caused me to believe otherwise was when they were doing this asap freestyle, he actually stood in the back and was pushing all the other members ahead of him to get their shine on and make sure they were in the camera. So I never got that vibe from him.

HiResDes

Yeah maybe I was being a bit too harsh, it just seems that way to me because Rocky's crew is so far behind him and SGP's has a few members that are pretty much close to the same level talent-wise.

PlayDat

The original TROY came out before I was born and I didn't even recognize it in the Lupe song. If this whole thing hadn't blown up I never would have looked up the original or the story behind it. Still not sure whose side I'm taking, but I learned something today at least.

Lil Ugly Mane affiliate and the The RVIDER KLVN I think wanted to rebel against the pretty bog swag movement, which caused a fissure in their relationship...Plus A$AP Rocky is all about the his own limelight pretty much and no one else, which is why I highly doubt any of the other members of the crew will ever make any noise sales wise or otherwise.

Have you listened to them rap? They suck, like big time. Swag rap isn't complex or hard, yet they fail at it. That shit is like not knowing how to get your dick sucked, it's fundamental balla balla shit everyone should know.

HiResDes

Have you listened to them rap? They suck, like big time. Swag rap isn't complex or hard, yet they fail at it. That shit is like not knowing how to get your dick sucked, it's fundamental balla balla shit everyone should know.

I completely agree, they're garbage, but like they shouldn't even be in his crew....He should join RVIDER KLVN, but I think he refused and formed his own shitty ass crew.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
ASAP's weed carriers need to fall back and let him put his work in.

The original TROY came out before I was born and I didn't even recognize it in the Lupe song. If this whole thing hadn't blown up I never would have looked up the original or the story behind it. Still not sure whose side I'm taking, but I learned something today at least.

Let me preface this by saying, no shots(don't take it as one). This is exactly why I don't understand why people always say, "well now people will go listen to the original." It feels like something people say to make themselves feel better about recreating something (I normally don't have an issue with it). I doubt it works out that way, in reality. Unless artists explicitly state, "this is a recreation," or, "I'm paying homage to," (they don't) why would someone try and search for something that might possibly exist?

ASAP just might have the worst recent "crew" in hip hop. Consider some of the alternatives, like Bronson's crew (The Outdoorsman): Meyhem Lauren, AG Tha Coroner, J-Love, etc. All them dudes can either rap or produce (seriously btw, J-Love is very underrated). I think one of the dudes in ASAP's crew is a good producer iirc, but the rappers? Nah man. The weakest part of his mixtape was their verses

HiResDes

Yeah there's also Language Artz (Raven Sorvino, Bread, Th33zy Mcfly, and Picaso), TUS (J. Good, Chuuwee, Abstract Ninjaa, Konkwest), RVIDER KLVN, ODD Future, and Mello Music Group (Has-Lo, yU, Oddisee Gods' Illa, Hassan Mackey)

PlayDat

ASAP's weed carriers need to fall back and let him put his work in.

Let me preface this by saying, no shots(don't take it as one). This is exactly why I don't understand why people always say, "well now people will go listen to the original." It feels like something people say to make themselves feel better about recreating something (I normally don't have an issue with it). I doubt it works out that way, in reality. Unless artists explicitly state, "this is a recreation," or, "I'm paying homage to," (they don't) why would someone try and search for something that might possibly exist?

You're right about that. It's not something I normally do and I remember being kinda shocked when I read someone on here say they go back and listen to the original anytime a sample's been credited. So maybe that is a pretty poor defense on the producer's part. If he really cared about exposing more people to TROY then not only would he have reached out to Pete Rock, but it also would have been explicitly stated along with the song's release. Since no one really bothered to do either then I have a harder time believing that it was really the serious tribute that he says.

You're right about that. It's not something I normally do and I remember being kinda shocked when I read someone on here say they go back and listen to the original anytime a sample's been credited. So maybe that is a pretty poor defense on the producer's part. If he really cared about exposing more people to TROY then not only would he have reached out to Pete Rock, but it also would have been explicitly stated along with the song's release. Since no one really bothered to do either then I have a harder time believing that it was really the serious tribute that he says.
I do it all the time, if only to get see how they flipped things.

Ok while looking up some Outdoorsman stuff on youtube I randomly clicked on this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVuzPmNhWmU&feature=related

god damn, I'm guessing I need to get this album now

*confused face*

Swear, if I heard him rapping like this on Action's songs, I wouldn't have such a negative opinion on him. lol What's his best work?

His first album Self Induced Illness is damn good. Like 40 tracks of old and new stuff to get people caught up, and it's badass

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
some folks are obviously just looking for reasons to dish out hate, cause they've been trash talking Lupe for a good minute now, so they're all about sitting back with their arms folded jumping at the chance to criticize anything and everything related to him. Like that guy who said some line was "ham fisted"
I wouldnt be surprised if you bumped that track listening for shit you didnt wanna hear.
The song was good.

Hey, that was me! I'd like it if everyone made great music all the time. It's far more to my benefit, i'm no hater but fair enough you don't know my tastes so I can see how it might come across like i'm waiting for him to fail, but I really just called it like I saw it.

Fuck yes Jeezy mix adlibs galore. The outkast mix for some reason made me think if Andre isn't going to get off his ass and put in work then Big Boi should hook up with Quik, they can put together similar sounding songs or an album.

Someone should give Big Boi Big K.R.I.T.'s phone number

You know I just realized Asap Rocky was dissing Raiden clan on that Yao Ming remix, I thought him and spaceghostpurpp was cool. I thought it was pretty weird that SGP wasn't hanging out with him for awhile when it seemed like Rocky was really trying to put him on.

Didn't Spaceghostpurrp make the Pretty Flacko beat for Rocky? What happened in between?

also how did the last two mixes treat everyone?

Already commented on Outkast one, ignorant one was good I didn't even like every selection on it but da mixing was excellent and kept the momentum going so well that it didn't even matter too much when I wasn't feeling a particular part. Actually I had a couple of questions about that mix. Around the 18 minute mark, there's this song you drop where 2 Chainz is rapping and on the chorus it's like all I do is stunt and then he's like he want's to report his ceiling is missing, what song is that? Cause i'm liking that shit. Also you then mix into what I think is I'm Flexin' by T.I. but my version is T.I. going for dolo whereas on your mix it starts with Rick Ross rapping. Was that just a Ross verse overlayed from the previous tune onto I'm Flexin' or do you have a different version of that song?

I just got back from the WTT show in London. Fucking immense. I don't even want to go to another show ever again because it's sure to be a crushing disappointment compared to that shit.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Ok while looking up some Outdoorsman stuff on youtube I randomly clicked on this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVuzPmNhWmU&feature=related

god damn, I'm guessing I need to get this album now

His first album Self Induced Illness is damn good. Like 40 tracks of old and new stuff to get people caught up, and it's badass

Word. I'll check it out.

Good look on that shit you randomly linked to tho. Damn, that shit is dope. Dammmmmmnnnnnnn! If the rest of the tracks are as good as that, I'll be copping that album asap.

Word. I'll check it out.

Good look on that shit you randomly linked to tho. Damn, that shit is dope. Dammmmmmnnnnnnn! If the rest of the tracks are as good as that, I'll be copping that album asap.

It's super long so there are some repetitive tracks on there, but there's some dope shit and the production is good

Macca

KRIT BIG BOI. BEST DAY EVER.

Fuck, I could go all GAF-Pop in this bitch and flood this place with GIFs. But I'd get my ass kicked.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
A lot of garbage on that 50 mixtape but "can't help myself" and "all his love" sound like old 50, both tracks going right in the playlist.

siddx

I would love to see a text dump of this tracklist of yours.

Get Busy f. Kidd Kidd (Produced by 45 Music) 2:36 50 Cent The Lost Tape Hip-Hop
Double Up - Tone Mason f. Hayes (Produced by Tone Mason) 2:39 50 Cent The Lost Tape Hip-Hop
Murder One f. Eminem (Produced by Araab Muzik) 2:55 50 Cent The Lost Tape Hip-Hop
Riot (rmx) f. 2 Chainz (Produced by DJ Spinz) 2:45 50 Cent The Lost Tape Hip-Hop
O.J. f. Kidd Kidd (Produced by Mike Will) 3:48 50 Cent The Lost Tape Hip-Hop
I Aint Gonna Lie f. Robbie Nova (Produced by G Sparkz) 4:02 50 Cent The Lost Tape Hip-Hop
Complicated (Produced by Chris Teeb) 2:20 50 Cent The Lost Tape Hip-Hop
You A Killer... Cool (Produced by 8track) 2:26 50 Cent The Lost Tape Hip-Hop
Remain Calm f. Snoop Dogg, Precious Paris (Produced by Kon Hathaway) 3:27 50 Cent The Lost Tape Hip-Hop
Cant Help Myself (Produced by Slimm Gemm) 2:55 50 Cent The Lost Tape Hip-Hop
When I Pop The Trunk f. Kidd Kidd (Produced by Illmind) 2:25 50 Cent The Lost Tape Hip-Hop
Planet 50 f. Jeremih (Produced by Swiff D) 2:55 50 Cent The Lost Tape Hip-Hop
Swag Level (Produced by Dready) 3:23 50 Cent The Lost Tape Hip-Hop
Lay Down (Smoked) f. Ned The Wino (Produced by Jake Uno) 2:45 50 Cent The Lost Tape Hip-Hop
All His Love (Produced by Illmind) 3:16 50 Cent The Lost Tape Hip-Hop

CRS

Oh, I meant the tracklist to your "playlist". Don't you have a playlist of all the bangers from various mixtapes? Or would your "playlist" be considered your music library?

siddx

Oh, I meant the tracklist to your "playlist". Don't you have a playlist of all the bangers from various mixtapes? Or would your "playlist" be considered your music library?

oh, haha yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, in fact thanks for reminding me, i need to spend some time tomorrow doing that.

kamspy

50 murks a lot of that new tape. Too much Kidd Kidd though. I have no clue what Fif see's in the dude. He's the new Stat Quo.

Small bit of history here, this is somehow 50's first Gangsta Grillz tape.

bYA66.jpg

http://www.datpiff.com/50-Cent-The-Lost-Tape-mixtape.351717.html

TheRealPeteRock ‏@PeteRock

I just got off da phone lupe, we worked out our differences and we bout to get it in. Gonna be epic and we gonna give Troy and hev the proper respect they deserve and make history with lupe.

Wonder what this means

So people are bitching cause Lupe used TROY, right?
Well why weren't people angry when another hip-hop classic was abused when Big Sean went over Hammertime?
It's this type of hypocrisy in Hip-Hop that I can't stand.
All classics should be treated equally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom