• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lhexh

GTFO. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

#fuckingjuniors

Damn girl I'm sorry I will keep my opinions to myself after this apologies. It just seems everyone either has the same opinion or doesn't say it. No diversity at all lol

I posted a sort of bait I guess and I'm sorry but, I have never considered lupe to be original at all. I see him as manufactured hip-hop since kick push. I guess he loaned his skateboard to lil wayne. I also think part of the whole skateboard thing is to appeal to a wider white audience which isn't right because they are not seeing you for you. All of these acts now are phony as shit.

I don't even know what generic Kanye means honestly.

Basically he is the DJ Quik of tue south..

I liked the tape well enough! About 4 tracks show up in my mix

People seem to forget Banner when discussing classics.. Certified to me is a bonafied classic and Greatest Story is close to it...

that was actually my reason for asking you what you thought about it lol.

I've been actually checking out Quik lately. I know I'm late since yall talk about him every now and then, but just got book of david and safe and sound a week ago. Safe and sound aged incredibly well, pretty damn good. Book of david kind of threw me off, not in the sense that it was bad, just some of the sounds he uses in his beat are somethings I've never heard before. Pretty impressive he was able to drop a good album after all these years.

Esch

Banned

RapBattle.gif

Damn girl I'm sorry I will keep my opinions to myself apologies. It just seems everyone either has the same opinion or doesn't say it. No diversity at all lol

I bag on kanye all the time and im not alone in this topic, quit whining about nothing

Lhexh

I wish I wasn't on my phone right now. How is it?

Bro. who are you? no one. That's who. Fuck your shit. Kanye is god.

LMAO

Read my post and who the fuck are you? Someone who signed up for gaf way back when I was busy not bored at work on the internet like nowadays? I meant Lupe was a generic Kanye.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
LMAO

Read my post and who the fuck are you? Someone who signed up for gaf way back when I was busy not bored at work on the internet like nowadays? I meant Lupe was a generic Kanye.
You Got work problems, well I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a job ain't one.

oh lupe is a generic kanye haha. I was worried for a second like damn gaf-hop went a good amount of days without going into the kanye cycle.

Edit: That temptation remix is nice.

Esch

Banned
Yeah i didnt see that either. Tons of GAFHOPpers shit on lupe, perfectly justified because hes boring as fuck and always has been.

I posted a sort of bait I guess and I'm sorry but, I have never considered lupe to be original at all. I see him as manufactured hip-hop since kick push. I guess he loaned his skateboard to lil wayne. I also think part of the whole skateboard thing is to appeal to a wider white audience which isn't right because they are not seeing you for you. All of these acts now are phony as shit.

You're gonna get shit as you dared utter da god Kanye's name but you make a good point here.
I remember not long after F&L dropped he had an interview where they asked him about his Carerra Lu name. He started talking about gangsters in the hood and the fact he used to drive Porsches and wear a Rolex on each wrist before he was famous. He started going on about always being in the hood and how he was always a known name in the hood, getting money and shit.
That made me see through him even then.
How the fuck was he trying to portray himself as some everyman skateboarder type who also rolled in Porsches and bought Rolexs?

Esch

Banned
anyone notice action bronson being a huge douche on twitter the past couple of days? hilarous

peoples mad about him pouring water on some blackout mexican transvestite, wat

anyone notice action bronson being a huge douche on twitter the past couple of days? hilarous

peoples mad about him pouring water on some blackout mexican transvestite, wat

Yes. I decided not to look at any picture he posts recently, because he posted a picture of these homeless dude blowing another man and a picture of this guy with his hand chopped off near some chicks vag haha.

Yeah i didnt see that either. Tons of GAFHOPpers shit on lupe, perfectly justified because hes boring as fuck and always has been.

Oh my, I dont see how anyone can call Lupe boring. Even when hes doing his bullshit LASERS raps, he isnt boring, just hilariously bad. Current Wu-Tang is boring(minus Ghost, who is God.). Lupe's first two albums were critical favorites, and fan favorites. I guess LASERS is like Spiderman 3 to some people, taints the whole discography.

You're gonna get shit as you dared utter da god Kanye's name but you make a good point here.
I remember not long after F&L dropped he had an interview where they asked him about his Carerra Lu name. He started talking about gangsters in the hood and the fact he used to drive Porsches and wear a Rolex on each wrist before he was famous. He started going on about always being in the hood and how he was always a known name in the hood, getting money and shit.
That made me see through him even then.
How the fuck was he trying to portray himself as some everyman skateboarder type who also rolled in Porsches and bought Rolexs?
Im pretty sure you just made that up lol.

Esch

Banned
Yes. I decided not to look at any picture he posts recently, because he posted a picture of these homeless dude blowing another man and a picture of this guy with his hand chopped off near some chicks vag haha.

HAHAHA same lol. son needs to just bow out and chillax for a bit, he tweets way too fuckin much anyway.

Oh my, I dont see how anyone can call Lupe boring. Even when hes doing his bullshit LASERS raps, he isnt boring, just hilariously bad. Current Wu-Tang is boring(minus Ghost, who is God.). Lupe's first two albums were critical favorites, and fan favorites. I guess LASERS is like Spiderman 3 to some people, taints the whole discography.

You know i like you cause both your avatar and username are chappelle based, but you gotta get off those nuts son. its unhealthy.

isn't Carerra Lu his sort of alter-ego? according to this site: http://www.thelupendblog.com/2008/05/carrera-lu.html
its the anti-Lupe.

That's true, but the interview went deeper than just the character.
"I didn't even need a record contract, I would've still been rich anyway" type shit.
Wish I could find a link.....
He just painted this whole image of him being ballin' before the music.
Then the music deal came and he's a skateboarder, rapping like a preacher.

I bought Food and Liquor on release and I played the SHIT out of it.
It still gets play to this day.
So I'm not gonna act like I wasn't a fan or anything.
Plus pretty much every rapper who's not a part of Wu-Tang is fake as shit, we all know that anyway so I'm not saying it like it's a big deal.
It was just surprising that the 'real' him clashed with his manufactured image so much.
Plus we haven't seen his ass on a skateboard since.

HAHAHA same lol. son needs to just bow out and chillax for a bit, he tweets way too fuckin much anyway.

You know i like you cause both your avatar and username are chappelle based, but you gotta get off those nuts son. its unhealthy.

But I must be the balance. I see no Lupe stans. F&L/The Cool are great albums. Not for everyone, but not every classic is. Not quite Illmatic/Ready to Die/Liquid Swords level, but they are still great.

That's true, but the interview went deeper than just the character.
"I didn't even need a record contract, I would've still been rich anyway" type shit.
Wish I could find a link.....
He just painted this whole image of him being ballin' before the music.
Then the music deal came and he's a skateboarder, rapping like a preacher.

I bought Food and Liquor on release and I played the SHIT out of it.
It still gets play to this day.
So I'm not gonna act like I wasn't a fan or anything.
Plus pretty much every rapper who's not a part of Wu-Tang is fake as shit, we all know that anyway so I'm saying it like it's a big deal.
It was just surprising that the 'real' him clashed with his manufactured image so much.
Plus we haven't seen his ass on a skateboard since.

I vaguely remember him talking about his past. He originally did more gangster oriented music. But people grow up and mature. That gangsta lifestyle isnt sustainable. It is also stupid as shit if you have a way out. Also, Kick Push was his only real venture into that sub-culture. Even Kick Push II was just a story about two kids.

I vaguely remember him talking about his past. He originally did more gangster oriented music. But people grow up and mature. That gangsta lifestyle isnt sustainable. It is also stupid as shit if you have a way out. Also, Kick Push was his only real venture into that sub-culture. Even Kick Push II was just a story about two kids.

Well I'll give him the benefit-of-the-doubt as Food and Liquor came out when he was 26.
These times I'm taking about I specifically remembering him saying he was 19, when he had a Rolex on each arm and was thugging.
So yeah, he could've just grown up a lot during that period, that's true.
I wish I could find the interview man.
He was talking about the leaked version of F&L a lot too. Pretty sure it was on UK radio as well, but it wasn't Westwood. Other than that, no clue :(

Jza the genius, Jeezy Deniro, Snowman Pacino will like a word with you. Ay I'm talking so much white it'll hurt your eyes.

Haha.
Who's the realest rappers though?
I think the realism is part of why I've listened to Clipse so much.
Hearing Malice and Pusha talking, there's an undeniable authenticity to what they're describing. You can almost feel it, it goes beyond the music.
Same thing makes CREAM a classic record. You know they lived that shit, and that's what gives it its strength.
Then you getting Lil' Wayne talking about busting guns and shit and it's the complete opposite.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I cant hate on Nvidia. I have an ATI card and my hate for ATI is unparalleled. Fuck you, Catalyst.

Anyways, Kendrick Lamar interview. DJ Drama is a decent interviewer. Also, this is the 8th or so interview I've watched where the interviewer doesn't know Jay Rock is part of Black Hippy.

A few remain, but we've claimed most of them since the great LuLu purge. Natural selection keeps the order here.

Lu spit pretty nice on Around My Way. One bad album should not relegate you to hip hop hell. If that were the case, Nas should of been locked up a long time ago.

Jay Rock signed to Strange man. That's one degree away from signing with ICP.

No, Hopsins Label is one degree away from ICP. Tech N9ne can actually spit, and his crew has talent. World Wide Choppers was one of the best songs from last year.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Lu spit pretty nice on Around My Way. One bad album should not relegate you to hip hop hell. If that were the case, Nas should of been locked up a long time ago.

It isn't just the album, it's the fact his whoopi looking ass consistently says the dumbest shit and he has a history of being a whiny little bitch.

And Nas gets plenty of shit on here for sounding dumber than dogshit in interviews and consistently showing why Jay won the war.

It isn't just the album, it's the fact his whoopi looking ass consistently says the dumbest shit and he has a history of being a whiny little bitch.

And Nas gets plenty of shit on here for sounding dumber than dogshit in interviews and consistently showing why Jay won the war.

I agree, but I still play illmatic and F&L.Most rappers are idiots, that doesn't influence my listening habits.

CRS

Lupe stans exist (I consider myself one.) but until recently, he hasn't had anything decent to talk about.

I wonder how much involvement Lupe had with the coke slanging. I can see that being a reason why he was rocking two Rolex's.

iavi

Hopsin has to be one of the least loved cats in all of Gaf Hop. And for good reason. The guy's whole shtick is corny as hell.

SKINNER!

Banned
Haven't seen his crew actually. I only heard that "Sag My Pants" track and that verse he did on Tech N9ne's "Am I a Psycho" so I wouldn't say I was a die-hard fan but I didn't hear any major problems with the lyrics and style. So I assume he's just got a lame ass gimmick with the whole attitude and contact lenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom