• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
So people are bitching cause Lupe used TROY, right?
Well why weren't people angry when another hip-hop classic was abused when Big Sean went over Hammertime?
It's this type of hypocrisy in Hip-Hop that I can't stand.
All classics should be treated equally.

uhhh..oh your making jokes

cdyhybrid

So people are bitching cause Lupe used TROY, right?
Well why weren't people angry when another hip-hop classic was abused when Big Sean went over Hammertime?
It's this type of hypocrisy in Hip-Hop that I can't stand.
All classics should be treated equally.

Well for one thing, Pete Rock is much more highly thought of than Hammer. And Hammer didn't flip his shit as far as I can recall.

Acid08

Banned
Seems like Lupe started off a new trend!

ludacris-jingalin-download-300x300.jpg

Ludacris
Jingaling

First single off the new album.

Not a fan.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Luda should make more Grew Up A Screw Up then How Low Can You Go.

He does both so well..

I hope he does a little more hardcore on this album.. but really he is super rich now. He talks about subjects that he relates to now, and it isn't the streets. You gotta respect that

New Lupe gives me some hope.

Although it could just be due to him using an epic legendary beat.

Better than the dubstep techno shit he was on.

Same. When I pressed play for the first time I was just saying "please don''t be shit, please don't be shit..." And it wasn't shit, so this is some progress.

I'm conflicted when it comes to Luda, sometimes I really like just fun music he makes, but I really enjoy shit he does like Grew up a Screw up. Hoping his next album is a good mix between the two.

kamspy

are you good with ya hands?
better be more than maybe
cuz the only thing faster than my right is my 680
take my advice it's really a free course
only smoke weed green as GeForce
Catalyst Control? That shit is Window's chlamydia
when we kick it in Paris, we only play on Nvidia

6CRH9.png

gully. all of it.

kamspy

Yo, CRS, what PC games do you own? You're getting a bunch. It's only a matter of how many I can fit in the box.

Also, stop buying PC games til my box shows up.

Nas was happy with that though. He didn't go on a ranting rampage on twitter.

But it was pretty decent. What LuLu did to TROY...

CRS

But people are up in arms over it because it was Lupe that did it. Obviously it's impossible to view this objectively now but if it was someone else rapping, the internet wouldn't be this mad over it.

I'm just saying, T.R.O.Y. being a classic is not a valid reason why it shouldn't be touched. I do understand where Rock was coming from regarding the history of the track but it's bullshit cause apparently Pete Rock wrote off on a track that sampled T.R.O.Y. which is shit.

I have these games on Steam which I will be all over once I start buying my rig and getting it set up.

kamspy

Damn dude you seriously emptied your box. lol.
Had Company of Heroes and all the expansions in boxes, and some other stuff on that list. But there's still a few. I need to keep my boxed copy of STALKER anyways probably. It's my favorite game. But yo, I see you don't have The Witcher 2. I have a GOG account with nothing but The Witcher 2 on it (and Fallout 1 I think). You can have it. Just PM your email.

Just noticed that GPU-Z doesn't list my OC. Highest I've seen the core clock in Afterburner is 1350Mhz. I got a beast of a chip. Almost to the beast levels of my 460 chip, which Toku now has. That thing overclocked so much I just stopped at 950Mhz and saved it. Never crashed or got hot. Just figured that good enough since most people struggled to hit 900 at scorching temps. That 460 actually cools the room. It was a beast chip. That 580 you're getting CRS goes up to 860Mhz no problem. Same temps as the stock OC. I'm gonna transfer the warranty on it too cuz EVGA is cool like that.

Who needs to be added to the PC GAF-HOP Steam group?

CRS

Hahaha, I guess I have Steam's sales to blame. Also, I'm moving in a few months so I guess that's a good thing seeing as I'll only be able to carry so much stuff.

Detox

I just saw what must have been a 50+ old grandmother wearing beats studio and thought to myself you're the reason we aren't getting Detox :(

I wonder what the title and track listing for Dre's first album would have been if he was hooked on HGH instead of weed back then, the world would have been a different place.

SKINNER!

Banned
I guess I gotta fill this in....

Musical Taste

Pick a coast to rep: Mid-West followed by East

First Album: First rap album I heard was Ice Cube's War & Peace Vol.1 when it was played at a scouts summer party (Leaders left us for a while so someone switched the CDs). First one I purchased was Marshall Mathers LP unless the Space Jam soundtrack counts. I still listen to "Hit 'em High".

Favourite Artist: Varies from time to time.

Best feature killer: Eminem

Favourite album: Can't choose one. Blueprint, 36 Chambers, Power to the People and the Beats, College Dropout, Eminem Show, MBDTF, It Was Written.

What's in your playlist? Been recently listening to Public Enemy's It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, Childish Gambino's Camp and Culdesac, Tech N9ne's All 6's and 7's and The Coup's Kill My Landlord.

GAF-Hop Discusses

Rank Kanye's albums:

College Dropout
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Graduation
Late Registration
808s & Heartbreak (I actually like it but it is his weakest album)

Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Method Man

Illmatic > Nas' whole life? Illmatic is his best work. yes. It took me a while to appreciate it though. I used to prefer It Was Written (Bought the two albums at the same time).

Do you think Nas next album will be good? Or is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production? I always keep an open mind when it comes to Nas. Sure, Illmatic is superior than his other albums to date but It Was Written is still a fantastic album and all his other albums did have a few great tracks (ok, maybe Nastradamus didn't but still...). His new album won't top his early work but it'll still be good.

Who do you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef? Nas. Ether. That is all.

Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion: 2pac. I haven't heard a lot of Biggie's work so I'd have to side with 2pac

Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged? mentally challenged.

Pick an era of Eminem: Eminem Show era. It had a good mixture of old and new "mature" eminem with a hint of politics. Sing for the Moment is his best song IMO.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
are you good with ya hands?
better be more than maybe
cuz the only thing faster than my right is my 680
take my advice it's really a free course
only smoke weed green as GeForce
Catalyst Control? That shit is Window's chlamydia
when we kick it in Paris, we only play on Nvidia

6CRH9.png

gully. all of it.
This thread got weird. Someone put an end to this.

TheRealPeteRock ‏@PeteRock

I just got off da phone lupe, we worked out our differences and we bout to get it in. Gonna be epic and we gonna give Troy and hev the proper respect they deserve and make history with lupe.
I told yall it was nothing a phone call wouldnt fix, lol.
yet three pages ago we had heads acting like this minor misunderstanding was a show of disrespect.

Does anyone have a link to 50's mixtape that isn't datpiff or just a rehost of datpiff?

They always put "DatPiff" in the lyrics section on iTunes and it always come back when I delete it, very annoying.

not to familiar with his work, but this is great man. David banner truly is a great hit maker. What do you think of sex, drugs, and video games?
Does anyone have a link to 50's mixtape that isn't datpiff or just a rehost of datpiff?

They always put "DatPiff" in the lyrics section on iTunes and it always come back when I delete it, very annoying.

try this http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/17254/50_cent_the_lost_tape.html

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Fuck yeah, David Banner mix to show these motherfuckers how ignorant rap is supposed to sound.
Sex, Drugs, and Video Games sounded like what it was, unfocused left overs from his album, but it still has a few great tracks. His retail album should be ridiculous though.

Fuck yeah, David Banner mix to show these motherfuckers how ignorant rap is supposed to sound.
Sex, Drugs, and Video Games sounded like what it was, unfocused left overs from his album, but it still has a few great tracks. His retail album should be ridiculous though.
Didn't know retail album was coming out. Seemed like he wanted to focus on other things after this like directing some movie
Can you download it from this site w/o tweeting it or signing in?

http://www.sharebeast.com/t7qhqms6lbox I tried to download this and test it before I send it to you, but my connection is acting shitty right now.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
not to familiar with his work, but this is great man. David banner truly is a great hit maker. What do you think of sex, drugs, and video games?

Basically he is the DJ Quik of tue south..

I liked the tape well enough! About 4 tracks show up in my mix

People seem to forget Banner when discussing classics.. Certified to me is a bonafied classic and Greatest Story is close to it...

kamspy

I know people asked for Jeezy and TI.. and they will come. But today I felt compelled to do a mix of maybe the most underrated artist in the game..

www.dj-ace.com/Mixes/davidbanner.mp3

David motherflocking Banner...

Downloading now. Aside from your irregular dislike for Killer Mike, you've got impeccable taste me friend. Now, as long as this mix has none of hiw work with 9th Wonder on it, I've got a new mix for da summa time!

This thread got weird. Someone put an end to this.

Y U hating on my GeForce raps Enzo?

Detox

Downloading now. Aside from your irregular dislike for Killer Mike, you've got impeccable taste me friend. Now, as long as this mix has none of hiw work with 9th Wonder on it, I've got a new mix for da summa time!

Y U hating on my GeForce raps Enzo?

I was just about to mention his work with 9th the only exposure I had to banner before this mix. Let's just say 9th never fails
to bore me. After the mix I'll definitely check out the albums Ace mentioned.

kamspy

I was just about to mention his work with 9th the only exposure I had to banner before this mix. Let's just say 9th never fails
to bore me. After the mix I'll definitely check out the albums Ace mentioned.

Just get MISSISSIPPI VOL 1 and you've basically got the definitive David Banner mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom