• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
good music is infinitely more talented but they will get crushed by YMCMBMCMBMCBCBCBCB on sales

Also - plot synopsis of yeezy's film
iPOBn.png

It is the story of a Lamboghini car thief (Scott Mescudi) who falls for a beautiful Arabic girl (most likely Razane Jammal) whose father (most likely Ali Suliman) will let them marry if he can help her see.

sounds stupid as fuck but id like to see it for razane. girl is gorgeousss

Detox

John Legend > Jay Sean
Big Sean < Ace Hood
Cudi < Drake
Mr Hudson < Limp Bizkit
Cyhi > Gudda
Yasiin Bey < Lil Wayne
Pusha < Mystikal
Teyana < Nicki
Kanye < Busta
Q-tip = Khaled
Hitboy < Cool and Dre

yeezy said:
&#8220;It related to a post-Steve Jobs, post-Windows era, where we&#8217;re always on our BlackBerry in a ball game or at the movies. I was very particular about having the screens separate, where your mind puts the screens back together, the way you put memories together. I&#8217;m not the best director in the world, but I had an idea that I thought would be amazing to inspire people, like a dream of one day this being the way people watch movies. You know, [Quentin] Tarantino doing a movie like this or a horror movie like this, animation, 3-D &#8230; in this form that surrounds you. People want to go back and see it more and more because they missed something to their left or to their right, and it feels more like the experience of life.&#8221;

that actually sounds kinda cool. itd be good for short films that you could easily rewatch and see if you missed a detail or something. making the viewing an experience rather than the movie itself

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
That Pusha is too subliminal for me. I need to go deeper on some Inception shit to get all of the darts he threw.

Lhexh

Kayne might be the biggest dilettante of allll tiiime.

He pretty much started the artwork for each single and almost all other rappers followed suit. Now he has to shoot a fucking thriller video for each album. I bet he wanted to do one for WTT but Jay was like no thanks.

PBY

Banned
A taste of Cruel Summer's dialogue:
"Masked Kanye and Kid Cudi engage in a Tarantino-style pop-culture debate. Kanye says to Cudi, "Who do you like better, Prince or Michael Jordan?" Cudi replies, "That doesn't even make sense man—that's like asking, 'Cake or Steak?' " After bickering, they jump into Lamborghinis and shoot down the streets of Doha to a remix of West's recent single "Mercy." Then the soundtrack downshifts into a remix of Salem's "I'm Still in the Night" as the film becomes more of a mythic romance, replete with Arabic architecture, desert vistas, and flowing fabrics"

Esch

Banned
lmao son talking about bodying someones crew

edit: I cant even fuck with this stupid conflict at all, its just a bunch of running in circles

Apparently, the Lupe Fiasco vs. Pete Rock episode isn't over. Lupe called Sway's radio show and starts popping off on Pete Rock.

I'm not even sure who's side I should be on. I can't believe this is the same Lupe Fiasco that I obsessed over during my highschool years.

:lol @ Lupe not wanting to talk to any listeners, though.

It seems like Pete is being a bitch about everything. Unless Lupe is lying his ass off. But Lupe seems too heated for this not to be true.

Detox

I can do it too!!!

Dre can't produce shit and he lost his touch as of late Kanye has became a better producer.
Taking shots at a guy who hasn't made a beat since Slim da Mobster got Aftermath tattooed on his back.

Just remember Birdman and Dre will never catch feelings especially over a bald stripper, you know why? They don't get mad they just get money.

Khaled videos are the best especially the one where he co-produces with Just Blaze all he does is nod his head and tell Blaze I want it to go hard like this. Blaze just says ok.

TheOddOne

It seems like Pete is being a bitch about everything. Unless Lupe is lying his ass off. But Lupe seems too heated for this not to be true.
I think both parties are being dicks, but this will soon be passed over and nobody will remember it. Just like KRS-ONE jackin' producers beats and never paying.

cdyhybrid

Also - plot synopsis of yeezy's film
iPOBn.png

It is the story of a Lamboghini car thief (Scott Mescudi) who falls for a beautiful Arabic girl (most likely Razane Jammal) whose father (most likely Ali Suliman) will let them marry if he can help her see.

Sounds incredible. Dumb, but incredible.

Now were cooking

Lil Wayne WEEZY F
&#8207;@LilTunechi

Follow

Fuk pusha t and anybody that love em
Reply Retweet Favorite

Excellent. Hope this doesn't fizzle out like Common/Drake.

Big Sean v Tyga. Shit could be legendary.

Beef of the century.

I think both parties are being dicks, but this will soon be passed over and nobody will remember it. Just like KRS-ONE jackin' producers beats and never paying.

I dont know, based on everything in that interview, Lupe is pretty pissed about how things went down. Seems like his camp reached out to Rock late last year about this record and were under the impression it was all good. Also, it wasnt even sampling the Rock record. Then after Rock and Lupe talked, Rock was suppose to apologize for how he went off. But didnt...I dont know, seems unless Lupe is lying about the whole thing, Rock is acting odd.

Lhexh

Taking shots at a guy who hasn't made a beat since Slim da Mobster got Aftermath tattooed on his back.

Just remember Birdman and Dre will never catch feelings especially over a bald stripper, you know why? They don't get mad they just get money.

Khaled videos are the best especially the one where he co-produces with Just Blaze all he does is nod his head and tell Blaze I want it to go hard like this. Blaze just says ok.

Birdman Kisses his money maker.

Detox

Dude never threatened him...I know you are trying to make jokes but it comes off ignorant of the situation.
Seriously what is Lupe going to do, make a diss song against Pete? Best believe a whole slew of rappers will back Pete and destroy Lupe just like how Canibus had to back down when he tried taking shots at Premier.

Seriously what is Lupe going to do, make a diss song against Pete? Better believe a whole slew of rappers will back Pete and destroy Lupe just like how Canibus had to back down when he tried taking shots at Premier.

Again, what makes you think Lupe is trying to "Do" anything. Dude is heated that Pete lied to him and talk shit about his crew for no reason. Its not like he indicated he was going to make a diss or anything else. Way to imagine some hypothetical scenario. Lupe never once took shots at Pete. Dude was just heated, nothing more. I swear some people just make shit up in this thread...

RPS37

Too busy listening to Sunni Colon to know anything about anything y'all discussing right now. Pusha vs. who? Is Pete rock happy with then TROY by Lu yet? Y'all still hating on Recon's fave?

overcast

Again, what makes you think Lupe is trying to "Do" anything. Dude is heated that Pete lied to him and talk shit about his crew for no reason. Its not like he indicated he was going to make a diss or anything else. Way to imagine some hypothetical scenario.
Pretty much anytime Lupe does anything, really, he'll be shit on here. Don't bother.

Macca

Again, what makes you think Lupe is trying to "Do" anything. Dude is heated that Pete lied to him and talk shit about his crew for no reason. Its not like he indicated he was going to make a diss or anything else. Way to imagine some hypothetical scenario. Lupe never once took shots at Pete. Dude was just heated, nothing more. I swear some people just make shit up in this thread...
this guy

EDIT: Are you Lupe?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Lupe talking about getting bodied and shit on and how he comes from the streets and how his team was HOT lmao. Dude sounds like Ray J.

Pete didn't like it being remade kid, you sound like a damn crybaby because Pete stole all of the shine from the record.

And please stop talking like you're on his level. Calling Pete Rock "kid", gtfo dude.

Lupe talking about getting bodied and shit on and how he comes from the streets and how his team was HOT lmao.

Pete didn't like it being remade kid, you sound like a damn crybaby because Pete stole all of the shine from the record.

And please stop talking like you're on his level. Calling Pete Rock "kid", gtfo dude.

Pretty much. I get that Lupe wanted Pete to tell everyone what he wanted him to say, but now that's probably never going to happen now. Pete does sound like some weeded out old head who forgot a bunch of shit though, which is bad on his part; if he gave permission for the record, there's no excuse for this nonsense.

Pete is always in NY, and easily reachable. Lupe could have just gotten Pete to go on Sway's show alongside him and clear this up. Instead he just freaks out, starts talking maaaad shit, and buries a hip hop legend? Who does he think "hip hop heads" are gonna roll with, the guy who produced It's Your World or the guy who released Lasers? He didn't think this through.

He certainly should be mad over Pete flip flopping but come on, anyone who read that last tweet got the impression they settled their differences - and also, Pete clearly stated multiple times he respects Lupe, they were gonna work together, Lupe is a good dude after all, etc. Lupe wants a written statement written by a lawyer or some shit lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom