• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was wrong with the tweet? He basically say Lupe is a stand up dude, we talked about our differences, everything is resolved, now we're gonna make a track together. How is that not enough, or worthy of Lupe's meltdown? He wanted Rock to say "Lupe is not a thief?" Saying someone is cool and that you're gonna do a song with them basically means "yo, that dude is cool, we straight."

Nothing was wrong with the tweet itself. But apparently Rock told Lu something completely different when they talked on the phone. I do not pretend to understand exactly whats going on, I just realize its probably some miscommunication between Lu and Pete. Now, some salty ass bitches in this thread are far worse than this whole twitter bitching between Lu and Pete.

iavi

X posted from the jazzhop thread; props to Lush.

SKYWLKR - Impressions

or: http://soundcloud.com/xskywlkr/sets/impressions-7/ - stream

1. Intro
2. 30 (Danny Brown)
3. Bruise Brigade (Danny Brown)
4. Chandelier (Main Attrakionz)
5. Dubstep Girls Are the Worstest (Death Grips)
6. Eyez Wide Open (Da$h)
7. ILYAS (Children of the Night)
8. Blunt After Blunt (Danny Brown)
9. Impressions (Mondre M.A.N.)
10. Ponzy Scheme (Chip$)
11. Lie4 (Danny Brown)
12. White Girls (Boldy James)
13. Outerspace (Danny Brown)
14. OFTLOA (Chavis Chandler)
15. Sephiroth (Dopehead)
16. Ohhhhweeee (Esham)
17. Conversations Pt. II (Squadda B)
18. Die Like A Rockstar (Danny Brown)
19. BANG RMX (Chief Keef)

Instrumental tape. Has a lot of the bangers from Brown's "XXX" on here.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
No I'm just surprised by Lupe's audacity...Pete wanted to squash things. He was over it, but Lupe is furious because he didn't come out and place all of the blame on himself. A guy is offering you a hand, and you say fuck that only if you are willing to slap yourself in public as well. He really was talking like Ray and the Money Team.

The truth is this is all show business. No matter what happened behind the scenes, Lupe just had to do the track with Pete Rock and get some shine from him. It would have been the story of Pete and Lupe having beef, squashing it and then making a track. But now it is just a beef that no one benefits from. Trying to be "Real" often gets you nothing.

So now what does Lupe get out of this? Pete Rock fans who now hate him, so the only thing he got out of this is selling less records. Well done.

I am not getting in the he said/he said crap. None of us knows the truth. I am just speaking of the result.

The truth is this is all show business. No matter what happened behind the scenes, Lupe just had to do the track with Pete Rock and get some shine from him. It would have been the story of Pete and Lupe having beef, squashing it and then making a track. But now it is just a beef that no one benefits from. Trying to be "Real" often gets you nothing.

So now what does Lupe get out of this? Pete Rock fans who now hate him, so the only thing he got out of this is selling less records. Well done.

I am not getting in the he said/he said crap. None of us knows the truth. I am just speaking of the result.

Yup.I was really hoping for some Rock/Fiasco collabos.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Finally listened to the whole Outkast mix, and it's spot on. Pretty much the only track missing is art of storytelling (that slick rick verse...)

Can't wait for the Luda mix.

Thanks again, Ace!

Awesome! Thanks a lot! If you have time listen to the David Banner mix too!

John Legend > Jay Sean
Big Sean < Ace Hood
Cudi < Drake
Mr Hudson < Limp Bizkit
Cyhi > Gudda
Yasiin Bey < Lil Wayne
Pusha < Mystikal
Teyana < Nicki
Kanye < Busta
Q-tip = Khaled
Hitboy < Cool and Dre

My IQ lowered two points by reading this

2chaaaaainz > YMCMB.
true
I can do it too!!!

Dre can't produce shit and he lost his touch as of late Kanye has became a better producer.

Did you just take a shot at Dr. Dre because Detox was saying YMCM was better? lol At least stay on subject with your trolling...

Its like you cant be angry at a legend even if he acts bitch made. Rock aint a God, he is fallible. All Im saying is both sides probably fucked up, but Lupe gets 100% of the hate, because he aint Rock. And that is bullshit.
lupe is a douche nugget and that's why he gets hated on..nothing bullshit about it.

Nothing was wrong with the tweet itself. But apparently Rock told Lu something completely different when they talked on the phone. I do not pretend to understand exactly whats going on, I just realize its probably some miscommunication between Lu and Pete. Now, some salty ass bitches in this thread are far worse than this whole twitter bitching between Lu and Pete.

Lupe said that Rock apologized to him on the phone, and recanted the "stealing" accusation. I'm baffled at Lupe's later response because Rock's tweet basically squashed the problems, yet Lupe wanted him to tweet a somehow more "clear" apology or some shit

PBY

Banned
2dope was hyping this release, just checked it out- pretty nice
4270289586-1.jpg

http://ndotadot.bandcamp.com/

kamspy

The chick I been seeing was here just a minute ago. We kicked for like 5 hours. Kids played together, we watched some TV, smoked some herb.

The whole time she's here she's scribbling shit down on this little legal pad I drop gems on. So anyway, she's adding to the manifesto all night long. The tone of the night was usual. Good moods, good vibes. Nothing physical because the kids were here but that's SOP for us.

Then I get this fucking self imrovement note about passing false judgement onto someone (not moving things along with her as fast as she'd like?) and keep's referencing me being jealous about someone I am similar to. All I think is maybe the (ex)wife? She's thinks I'm jealous of her because she's in a set relationship. It also talked about having my cake and eating it too, which I can only imagine she's talking about the chick I was dating when I met her.

idk, but it what weird as fuck because she acted cool as the breeze all night long and won't answer any questions I have about this note.

WTF. At least it saves me sometime giving a fuck. Even though I like the chick, leaving cryptic, vague notes about the other person isn't a quality I look for in a female. I could understand some criticism. Hell, I could use it. But cryptic note is never the route to take. Especially when you obviously want to get a message across.

Also:

Already own both in iTunes but I can't support these two records enough. I wish TDE would sell me real CDs.

Blackace

The chick I been seeing was here just a minute ago. We kicked for like 5 hours. Kids played together, we watched some TV, smoked some herb.

The whole time she's here she's scribbling shit down on this little legal pad I drop gems on. So anyway, she's adding to the manifesto all night long. The tone of the night was usual. Good modds, good vibes. Nothing physical because the kids were here but that's SOP for us.

Then I get this fucking self imrovement note about passing false judgement onto someone (not moving things along with her as fast as she'd like) and keep's referencing me being jealous about someone I am similar to. All I think is maybe the (ex)wife? She's thinks I'm jealous of her because she's in a set relationship. It also talked about having my cake and eating it too, which I can only imagine she's talking about the chick I was dating when I met her.

idk, but it what weird as fuck because she acted cool as the breeze all night long and won't answer any questions I have about this note.

WTF. At least it saves me sometime giving a fuck. Even though I like the chick, leaving cryptic, vague notes about the other person isn't a quality I look for in a female. I could understand some criticism. Hell, I could use it. But cryptic note is never the route to take. Especially when you obviously want to get a message across.

The worst thing about being single later in life is that there are tons of people more damaged than you..

Esch

Banned
CREEPY LEVELS OF PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE FEMALE

dont bother with that one anymore. she crazy. she'll cyanide your cereal or some shit.

Guaranteed dude has more creative talent than anyone in this thread. But thats neither here nor there. We are all peons compared to #BasedLupe

I'd rather listen to soul creator and peterboys music. and maccas photoshops stand as a higher form of art than lupe's discography

Oh the "He makes music you don't" card.. Lovely

Never said anything about music. If you are going to put words into my mouth, please make me say lovely things, not unlovely things.

I'd rather listen to soul creator and peterboys music. and maccas photoshops stand as a higher form of art than lupe's discography

And some people would rather listen to Take Care than Illmatic. Just because you have suspect taste does not make Lupe bad. Carrera Lu would ball so hard on all yall. Take heed of my warnings, son.

Blackace

Never said anything about music. If you are going to put words into my mouth, please make me say lovely things, not unlovely things.
just talking about a musician and creative talent... I should have assumed you were talking about finger painting?

Esch

Banned
And some people would rather listen to Take Care than Illmatic. Just because you have suspect taste does not make Lupe bad. Carrera Lu would ball so hard on all yall. Take heed of my warnings, son.

never use an analogy comparing lupe to illmatic; thats a bannable offense as per the TOS.

you will actually get banned if you can't handle dudes bagging on a favorite artist. It's gafhop. deal with it.

Rick Ross is a great painter!

6N02

never use an analogy comparing lupe to illmatic; thats a bannable offense as per the TOS.

you will actually get banned if you can't handle dudes bagging on a favorite artist. It's gafhop. fuckin deal with it.

I dont even like Lupe.
Dude is God. Lu>>>>> GZA/NAS/Biggie/Outkast

In seriousness, I was joking with some of my posts. I like Lu, dude made two great albums. But I am smart enough to know that anytime he opens his mouth its 89% chance some stupid shit will come out that makes republican nut jobs sound sane and rational.

Esch

Banned
Clayton.. did you choose that as your avatar? Or was it forced upon you? Because, goddamn.

blackace would have gone with something more mocking for sure. like this

lupe1.jpg

Big Ghost said:
Ayo before Lasers son was jus ya typical above average sorta corny semi fruity but definitely lyrical ass rapper nahmean. He wasnt like the most incredible nigga breathin or nothin like that but son was still kinda nice namsayin. Then the niggas label started playin games wit his mind n shit...n long story short...he decided what he was gon do was make the lost C&C Music Factory album or some shit. You can feel feathers flyin out the speakers when those songs is playin son. This nigga makin will.i.am. seem like DMX yo. Lupe more delicate than paper panties rite now namsayin. If that snow nigga Tobey Maguire started rappin tomorrow Im pretty sure his album would sound a lot like Lasers yo. But the little homie probably gon bounce back from that corny shit when he drop FNL 2. Word is bond. Thats why he at the bottom of this list n shit. But til then I aint givin a frozen fuck bout this nigga.

classic

yeah, that Reks is definitely great. I can really see comparisons between him and Royce too. I definitely see it being in my top 10 assuming nothing is better than it. He's really an all around solid rapper. He got some nice storytelling skills too without it seeming forceful.

Production wise it's nice, statik does a great job at making beats that fit Reks, but they aren't my favorite though. The ones on Well Done has to be some of my favorite work from him without a doubt.

It sucks that Reks isn't getting the attention he deserves. He dropped a great album last year with all star production, and it completely went under the radar. Show Off is a good underground label that can tour around the world, so at least dude is getting shows. But he should be bigger

Esch

Banned
Reks problem is that he doesnt bring the image, charisma or personality factor. his music is good, sometimes even great, but its not that marketable and he doesnt stand out much. hes one of those guys that might benefit from being more of a douchebag

music is still all gucci though, i would love to hear him work with more features and shit because he never wastes a verse as you said PD

Reks problem is that he doesnt bring the image, charisma or personality factor. his music is good, sometimes even great, but its not that marketable and he doesnt stand out much. hes one of those guys that might benefit from being more of a douchebag

music is still all gucci though, i would love to hear him work with more features and shit because he never wastes a verse as you said PD
Pretty much agree on everything.
The beat on this one, can't get enough of it:

Late Night Creep - Trackwide

beat is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom