• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lupe talking about getting bodied and shit on and how he comes from the streets and how his team was HOT lmao. Dude sounds like Ray J.

Pete didn't like it being remade kid, you sound like a damn crybaby because Pete stole all of the shine from the record.

And please stop talking like you're on his level. Calling Pete Rock "kid", gtfo dude.

Pete is a legend, but most of what you are saying is nonsense. Lupe is just heated because he feels lied to. Its not like he ever said anything hostile "towards" Pete, hes too smart for that.

effzee

Bunch of anger for no reason. I get Lupe's point and he does seem to be telling the truth but hopefully its resolved without it going any further.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Pete Rock made Mecca and the Soul Brother and The Main Ingredient, he can be irrational as he wants, especially towards Lupe's bitch ass.

Bunch of anger for no reason. I get Lupe's point and he does seem to be telling the truth but hopefully its resolved without it going any further.

Yeah, dude just seems to be kind of pissed right now. Even while pissed, he never took shots at Pete, only how he handled this situation.

Pete Rock made Mecca and the Soul Brother and The Main Ingredient, he can be irrational as he wants, especially towards Lupe's bitch ass.

I have a hard time arguing against his point. Its still irrational though lol.

siddx

Thinking about it though, I will add that I seem to recall Rock having a history of being kind of difficult to get a long with. The whole relationship with CL Smooth and all the drama between them over the years has resulted in some incidents that make it seem like Rock is just one of those super creative but pain in the ass kind of guys.

Thinking about it though, I will add that I seem to recall Rock having a history of being kind of difficult to get a long with. The whole relationship with CL Smooth and all the drama between them over the years has resulted in some incidents that make it seem like Rock is just one of those super creative but pain in the ass kind of guys.

This is true, Pete is hard to work with. Even Premo, who is good friends with him, has said that Pete just gets in his own world sometimes

He also smokes a lot of weed, so I totally buy him forgetting what happened in November

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
He said whoever approached Pete originally (from his "team") got a no, because the record was special.

But then he said yes, because it's Lupe? That's the part Pete has been acting like never happened.

Lupe said that the HOT phone conversation was actually the first time he and Pete had ever spoken about the record, so he's just been going off one of his people telling him Pete was cool and had given it his blessing. Clearly Pete had not given his blessing, or this wouldn't have happened.

It still goes back to the fact that Lupe should've spoken directly to Pete from day one. He's ranting like they're close, so it shouldn't have been an issue.

It's a miscommunication, now blown the fuck up.

He said whoever approached Pete originally (from his "team") got a no, because the record was special.

But then he said yes, because it's Lupe? That's the part Pete has been acting like never happened.

Lupe said that phone conversation was actually the first time he and Pete had spoken about the record, so he's just going off one of his people telling him Pete was cool and had given it his blessing. Clearly Pete had not given his blessing, or this wouldn't have happened.

It still goes back to the fact that Lupe should've spoken directly to Pete from day one. He's ranting like they're close, so it shouldn't have been an issue.

It's a miscommunication, now blown the fuck up.

This is probably what happened. But, it also seems Pete clearly went back on what he would tell Lupe, which leads me to believe that Rock must of said they could of used it at one point if he told Lupe he would apologize for going super saijan on twitter about it. Either way, twitter is such a shitty thing, so many stupid beefs happen because people cant use the "phone" function on their smartphone, and rather use the twitter app.

siddx

She looks so much less hot to me right now. Damn. I hate plastic surgery.

She's one of those rare cases where a girl's personality is so vile she becomes significantly less attractive. Plus knowing whose been inside of her? I'd feel like I was catching corny motherfucker disease just being next to her.

Too busy listening to Sunni Colon to know anything about anything y'all discussing right now. Pusha vs. who? Is Pete rock happy with then TROY by Lu yet? Y'all still hating on Recon's fave?

that Sunni Colon is pretty good, finally got to it today while I was riding around.

siddx

Slow gaffers, Ho gaffers, thats that shit I don't like
Take a month to write a verse, you bitches got that stage fright?
Gaf all over my nuts like HiRes's skinny Levis
Finish your fucking verse and send that shit to Tguy

You scrub ass motherfuckers.

It's funny how far people will go to shit on Lupe simply because it's him. Based on what was said it does sound like Pete is in the wrong but lol, it's Lupe so whatever, right? Let's ignore logic and reason!

RPS37

It's funny how far people will go to shit on Lupe simply because it's him. Based on what was said it does sound like Pete is in the wrong but lol, it's Lupe so whatever, right? Let's ignore logic and reason!
He did kind of call his last mixtape "Jesus"
Why wouldn't you hate him, right?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

It's no worse than you flatly taking everything Lupe says about the situation as absolute truth.

Esch

Banned
its funny how you just pop in to stan for lupe and post about absolutely nothing else

ANYWAY, this is easily one of my favorites this year, Statik really outdid himself so im gonna whore it out again cause fucking gafhop gave it no love and it was mostly dope as fuck.

JPZKj.jpg

tell me this aint some Rocky IV training hero shit right here

A LETHAL WEAPON THEMED TRACK

So Soulful

Reks is what Royce Da 5'9" should be

I honestly bought Reks and never listened to it. Just never put it on my phone or ipod to play in my car, I blame it on the onslaught of music. I'm going to listen to it now, I've been wanting to check his music out and Roc Marciano. I'm just waiting for Roc's album to come out though.

Esch

Banned
I honestly bought Reks and never listened to it. Just never put it on my phone or ipod to play in my car, I blame it on the onslaught of music. I'm going to listen to it now, I've been wanting to check his music out and Roc Marciano. I'm just waiting for Roc's album to come out though.

good stuff, let me know what you think

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Statik gets a lot of love from me, but his little dingleberry hanger-on Terminology can just quit rap and go trim hedges or whatever.

Man Pusha and Wayne about to beef again?
Last time was kinda fun until Wayne pussied out.
For those that don't know, basically this kind of helped kick it off:

f19uqi0hujl55lh.jpg

Then we got some hot lines, like this from Pusha:

Sorry but I don't respect who you applauding
Little nigga flow but his metaphor's are boring
Don't make me turn daddy's little girl to an orphan
That would mean I'd have to kill Baby like abortion

Then Clipse & Pharrell made Mr. Me Too about Wanye and bodied him.
That was the end.

Oh I remember Wayne was on some "Fuck The Neptunes, I don't see no Neptunes" stuff.
Then a few years later he was asking Pharrell for beats :lol

its funny how you just pop in to stan for lupe and post about absolutely nothing else

ANYWAY, this is easily one of my favorites this year, Statik really outdid himself so im gonna whore it out again cause fucking gafhop gave it no love and it was mostly dope as fuck.

JPZKj.jpg

tell me this aint some Rocky IV training hero shit right here

A LETHAL WEAPON THEMED TRACK

So Soulful

Reks is what Royce Da 5'9" should be

I didn't give it much of a listen, I'll have to go back. His album from last year was amazing though.

Agree 100% on the Royce comment. Reks has one of the most versatile flows and almost never spits wack ass rhymes or similes. Unlike that fuck boy Royce

Esch

Banned
I didn't give it much of a listen, I'll have to go back. His album from last year was amazing though.

Agree 100% on the Royce comment. Reks has one of the most versatile flows and almost never spits wack ass rhymes or similes. Unlike that fuck boy Royce

The album is better than R.E.K.S. overall. It just dropped when during that 2 weeks when like 5000 other joints did and got muddled a little. Its a great album. Some average spots, but the highs are really really high IMO.

Royce and Reks actually have reallly really similar deliveries. I listened to Boom just now to see if i was trippin. I guess they both get beats from statik, i remember royce being one of the cats to start puttin him on EPs/albums a ways back.

The album is better than R.E.K.S. overall. It just dropped when during that 2 weeks when like 5000 other joints did and got muddled a little. Its a great album. Some average spots, but the highs are really really high IMO.

Royce and Reks actually have reallly really similar deliveries. I listened to Boom just now to see if i was trippin. I guess they both get beats from statik, i remember royce being one of the cats to start puttin him on EPs/albums a ways back.

Same think happened with R.E.K.S. last year. It was released early in the year and quickly overlooked as bigger projects came out.

I'm giving it another shot right now and digging it. I guess at the time my mind wasn't focused because this is dope

Kaizer

Banned
All this Lupe stuff is really sad, can't believe this is the same guy who I was amazed by with Food & Liquor. I really have to wonder how much his career would've been different if he'd signed with G.O.O.D. Music back in the day. Dude's become a running joke now and can't catch a break. A damn shame.

DominoKid

Man Pusha and Wayne about to beef again?
Last time was kinda fun until Wayne pussied out.
For those that don't know, basically this kind of helped kick it off:

f19uqi0hujl55lh.jpg

Then we got some hot lines, like this from Pusha:

Then Clipse & Pharrell made Mr. Me Too about Wanye and bodied him.
That was the end.

Oh I remember Wayne was on some "Fuck The Neptunes, I don't see no Neptunes" stuff.
Then a few years later he was asking Pharrell for beats :lol

Clipse bodied wayne? More like they bodied themselves trying to go after wayne. Wayne let them cook themselves.

HiResDes

Same think happened with R.E.K.S. last year. It was released early in the year and quickly overlooked as bigger projects came out.

I'm giving it another shot right now and digging it. I guess at the time my mind wasn't focused because this is dope

It's like you didn't like it just because I said I liked it...

...Also Lupe is a bitch, you don't accept a legend's hand to squash some shit, and you act as if the record you made is somehow above the rest of the shit that's being released now...As if you're reviving hip-hop or some shit, that's bullshit. Just because you use a re-made T.R.O.Y. track doesn't automatically mean the song you're making is a tribute. All I hear is a typical Lupe song thrown over a re-made Pete Rock beat.

...New GUCCI BANGS AGAIN

Lupe talking about getting bodied and shit on and how he comes from the streets and how his team was HOT lmao. Dude sounds like Ray J.

Pete didn't like it being remade kid, you sound like a damn crybaby because Pete stole all of the shine from the record.

And please stop talking like you're on his level. Calling Pete Rock "kid", gtfo dude.

Yo we should just form our own hivemind

It's like you didn't like it just because I said I liked it...

I never said it was bad, I said I wasn't feeling the production/rapping at the time; lots of piano beats. I originally listened to like 4-5 tracks off it.

Just finished and I gotta say I'm impressed. Not gonna say it's better than his album last year, but this has some great tracks on it

Its like you cant be angry at a legend even if he acts bitch made. Rock aint a God, he is fallible. All Im saying is both sides probably fucked up, but Lupe gets 100% of the hate, because he aint Rock. And that is bullshit.

HiResDes

Its like you cant be angry at a legend even if he acts bitch made. Rock aint a God, he is fallible. All Im saying is both sides probably fucked up, but Lupe gets 100% of the hate, because he aint Rock. And that is bullshit.

No I'm just surprised by Lupe's audacity...Pete wanted to squash things. He was over it, but Lupe is furious because he didn't come out and place all of the blame on himself. A guy is offering you a hand, and you say fuck that only if you are willing to slap yourself in public as well. He really was talking like Ray and the Money Team.

Esch

Banned

he gets a 100% of the hate cuz he wears clip on/off sunglasses. its justified

No I'm just surprised by Lupe's audacity...Pete wanted to squash things he was over it, but Lupe is was furious because he didn't come out and place all of the blame on himself. A guy is offering you a hand, and you say fuck that only if you are willing to slap yourself in public as well.

That is one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it, based on that interview, was Pete was saying one thing to Lu, then twittering another. I think the best thing for everyone involved would to stay the fuck off twitter. Shit is stupid.

That is one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it, based on that interview, was Pete was saying one thing to Lu, then twittering another. I think the best thing for everyone involved would to stay the fuck off twitter. Shit is stupid.

What was wrong with the tweet? He basically say Lupe is a stand up dude, we talked about our differences, everything is resolved, now we're gonna make a track together. How is that not enough, or worthy of Lupe's meltdown? He wanted Rock to say "Lupe is not a thief?" Saying someone is cool and that you're gonna do a song with them basically means "yo, that dude is cool, we straight."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom