• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I regret listening to that Ocean track honestly. Not because it's bad, but that song will be in my head all day
2dope was hyping this release, just checked it out- pretty nice
4270289586-1.jpg

http://ndotadot.bandcamp.com/

This is really nice man. Has a kind of lighthearted fun feel to it.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Wait... There's only one person that could ride lupes dick as much as Clayton has been...

Recon back?

recon back, yeah recon back, got all these gaffers saying that recon back.
stanning for lupe cause he backpacking too hard
lupe aint even a passenger type dude, he's in the back of the car

ok its three in the morning and im delusional, ignore me.

SKINNER!

Banned
No I'm just surprised by Lupe's audacity...Pete wanted to squash things. He was over it, but Lupe is furious because he didn't come out and place all of the blame on himself. A guy is offering you a hand, and you say fuck that only if you are willing to slap yourself in public as well. He really was talking like Ray and the Money Team.

Same here. Very unusual. If you had told me Lupe did that when Food & Liquor came out I'd have called you crazy. Wow, making LASERS really messed the guy up.

EDIT: lol at him not wanting to talk to the listeners. wtf man. I love your work Lupe but you're coming off as a real dick right now.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Same here. Very unusual. If you had told me Lupe did that when Food & Liquor came out I'd have called you crazy. Wow, making LASERS really messed the guy up.

EDIT: lol at him not wanting to talk to the listeners. wtf man. I love your work Lupe but you're coming off as a real dick right now.

bu-bu-but Pete Rock!

SKINNER!

Banned
I still enjoy listening to "Around my Way". It's still possible to like an artist's music but the person right? RIGHT?!

That's my only reason I still think there are Guns 'N' Roses fans.

any word about the new Deltron 3030 album?

solarus

I don't know about that, Lupe has always been a dick, look at his whole response to the 2007 VH1 Hip hop honours controversy and the way he responded to his album leak and withholding mixtapes... It's just that he's more of a dick now and he's louder about it. Plus you here about all his political bullshit.

Detox

If Lupe didn't want his shit to leak then he should have given Rollie's to his mixers like Jay and Ye did. He should have loads from from his past life.

rossonero

Listening to Ace's David Banner mix got me thinking about a summer mix. Has Ace done one yet? Unfortunately I've forgotten the adress to that website with all the mixes.

Or better yet have you guys done summer lists yet?

Macca

Listening to Ace's David Banner mix got me thinking about a summer mix. Has Ace done one yet? Unfortunately I've forgotten the adress to that website with all the mixes.

Or better yet have you guys done summer lists yet?
It's acemixes.com, it's quite behind now, but will be updated later today with all the latest mixes.

Esch

Banned
R.A.P. music is on blast in my car 24/7. I can already tell this album will be the summer 2012 jam for me.

I'd really like to see El-P and the TDE boys make an EP/album. that shit would be so hot.

New Big Ghost-Pusha T/wayne beef

lol big ghost, you dropped the ball on common/drizzy and you decide to talk about this shit instead? weak.

nobody gives a fuck about pusha t, and neither should wayne. hes irrelevant

NARC

Neo Member
Hey..So this is my first ever post on Gaf, as a Hip-Hop head this felt like the best topic to start in!!

Musical Taste:
Pick a coast to rep-The East, I prefer the boom-bap sound of New-York over anything else, but that don't mean I can't rest in the west
Favourite Artist-Ghostface Killah
Best feature killer-Sean Price
Favourite album-Very tough question, i'll say 'Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers"
What's in your playlist?-Lots of new albums that drooped recently, stuff like R.A.P MUSIC, Trophies, Histroy will absolve me and Cancer for Cure

GAF-Hop Discusses:
Rank Kanye's albums-MBDTF, College Drouput, Late Registration, Graduation, 808's & Heartbreaks
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)-Ghost for sure
Illmatic > Nas' whole life?-Pretty much agree yeah but 'It Was Written'.'Gods Son' and 'Stillmatic' are all pretty dope
Do you think Nas next album will be good? Or is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?-I think it will be average much like the last two or three
Who do you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef?-Nas, not because Ether was a better track but because of the public reaction and Jay-z's reaction also
Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion-Biggie, both are dope but Biggie could rhyme better and wasn't as much of a dick IMO
Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?-Mentally Challenged
Pick an era of Eminem-first two albums, Eminem Show is mehh, don't care for the rest

siddx

Hey..So this is my first ever post on Gaf, as a Hip-Hop head this felt like the best topic to start in!!

Musical Taste:
Pick a coast to rep-The East, I prefer the boom-bap sound of New-York over anything else, but that don't mean I can't rest in the west
What's in your playlist?-Lots of new albums that drooped recently, stuff like R.A.P MUSIC, Trophies, Histroy will absolve me and Cancer for Cure

GAF-Hop Discusses:
Rank Kanye's albums-MBDTF, College Drouput, Late Registration, Graduation, 808's & Heartbreaks
Illmatic > Nas' whole life?-Pretty much agree yeah but 'It Was Written'.'Gods Son' and 'Stillmatic' are all pretty dope
Do you think Nas next album will be good? Or is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?-I think it will be average much like the last two or three
Who do you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef?-Nas, not because Ether was a better track but because of the public reaction and Jay-z's reaction also
Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion-Biggie, both are dope but Biggie could rhyme better and wasn't as much of a dick IMO
Pick an era of Eminem-first two albums, Eminem Show is mehh, don't care for the rest

Other than liking MBDDTSWINGINGNECKBREAKERCHOKESLAM I think you will get along just fine here.

Musical Taste:

GAF-Hop Discusses:

You know what, if you were a chick I'd marry you. Perfect responses although the Biggie>2pac comment broke my heart even though it's sort of technically correct

I'm not sure if you tried it out, and I'm not singling NARC out in particular but if you're a Nas fan, please check The Lost Tapes out. Since you like It Was Written, God's Son, and Stillmatic, you'll most likely like that tape too.

NARC

Neo Member
Cheers for the welcome guys, nice to see some people with good hip-hop taste around here, have nobody to discuss my favourite music with in the real world so i'll definetley dwell in this thread a lot for good discussion and to get put on to some new ishh', and ha Siddx thats cool man i'm sure we can put that one difference aside and get along just fine.

NARC

Neo Member
I'm not sure if you tried it out, and I'm not singling NARC out in particular but if you're a Nas fan, please check The Lost Tapes out. Since you like It Was Written, God's Son, and Stillmatic, you'll most likely like that tape too.

Yeah for some reason I didn't even think of that record, definetley up there with the other LP's I mentioned

siddx

Unfortunately you've posted during hhgaf's downtime, when most of these bum ass posters are asleep or at work. Wait till the evening to feel the full power (and retardedness) of gafhop.

T Dollarz

R.A.P. music is on blast in my car 24/7. I can already tell this album will be the summer 2012 jam for me.

I'd really like to see El-P and the TDE boys make an EP/album. that shit would be so hot.

It's my AOTY without a doubt. Definitely the summer jam. And an El-P/TDE collab would be on another level...

siddx

Travis Porter is such a white person's name. I expect some tall lanky white guy with a mullet.

iavi

As much as it sold, I'm not surprised - at all.

GUCCI! Thx. This is gonna be in rotation all day.

As for SGP, isn't that supposed to be his album that's on the way here? I remember first seeing that cover a month or two ago now.

That's okay, no one cares what you say either.

It's true, though; SGP sounds like shit in the ride. Unfortunate too cause some of that shit has serious knock potential.

Yeah, I definitely prefer some of the unmastered versions compared to mastered versions. Example: Been Fweago, I think the unmastered sounds so much better.

Does gunplay next mixtape have a date?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I was highly upset when I found out S.80 was download only. That's just money left on the table the way I see it, but obviously they don't think there's enough likewise minds.

And I'm still listening to that album almost every day. And Ab Soul is killing it right now. Schoolboy Q is good ignant music that even I like.

TDE is on top of shit right now.

OG Kush

GLC just released a new track, titled "Pimp You" featuring Kids these Days and produced by Blended Babies:
http://www.sharebeast.com/duljicdtz0jh

hes got a mixtape coming out this monday fully produced by Blended Babies, which is fucking dope! Blended Babies are the shit, great production. Check out their instrumental album "Shooter Mcgavin".
This track also made me check out GLCs wiki page and GOD DAMN does this guy put the work in. Check out all his mixtapes:
2004: Hood Celebrity
2006: Drive Slow Mixtape
2007: Honor Me
2007: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
2008: I Ain't Even On Yet
2008: Windy City Of Angels
2008: Similar To The Letters
2009: Respect My Come Up Vol. 1 "Pimp Dilemmas"
2010: Respect My Come Up 2 (The Ism)
2010: Best Of The Ism
2011: The Fellowship Of The Ism
2011: I Know Who You Pimped Last Summer