• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
BURRRRRRR What happened to that boy
YaVT1.png

At a time when I sort of started understanding wordplay in hip-hop Weezy was like a lyrical messiah.

Then I grew up

Yup, Wayne was a lyrical god if you were listening to D4L and Ja Rule back then. If you were listening to good shit you'd be like "eh, he's aite."

Wayne's ascent to "best rapper alive" was like Precious winning a model competition between Rosie O'Donnell and Gabriel Iglesias

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yup, Wayne was a lyrical god if you were listening to D4L and Ja Rule back then. If you were listening to good shit you'd be like "eh, he's aite."

Wayne ascent to "best rapper alive" was like Precious winning a model competition between Rosie O'Donnell and Gabriel Iglesias

Wayne become the best rapper alive by saying it over and over again tricking people into believe him...

Grzi

Not enough backpack-beta male-boring trying to be deep but sounding stupid and corny as fuck stuff in his catalog for you?

Pusha is a beast on the mic, when it comes to lyrics, hardly anyone of these rappers today can hang with him.

And HHNF is a classic, the best hip hop album in the last 10 years or so.

Detox

Now you're being reckless the best album in the last ten years is either The Documentary or TM101. I might just give it to Jeezy just because of how hard Game fell off.

really and truly

well the fact you compared Clipse to Outkast tells me you really don't even listen to Clipse.

Not enough backpack-beta male-boring trying to be deep but sounding stupid and corny as fuck stuff in his catalog for you?

Pusha is a beast on the mic, when it comes to lyrics, hardly anyone of these rappers today can hang with him.

thank you.

PBY

Banned
Don't pussy out Kanye.

Kanye isn't gonna do anything, pretty sure hes cool w/ Wayne and that the Pusha/Wayne stuff predates Pusha linking up w/ Yeezy. Even if they're not cool, he would have taken shots after the whole WTT thing, imho.

See:
http://www.contactmusic.com/news/west-lil-wayne-is-a-god_1072012
Rapper KANYE WEST has praised his hip-hop rival LIL WAYNE - branding the star a "living legend".
The Gold Digger hitmaker is please to be working in the music industry alongside hip hop heavyweight Lil Wayne - and congratulates the rapper for the phenomenal success of his latest LP That Carter III - which has sold over a million copies in the U.S. in the first week of its release.
Lil Wayne's album, the third in a trilogy, is the fastest selling LP in America since 50 Cent's 2005 release The Massacre.
And West, who worked as a producer on the hit record, is proud of his peer's success - writing in his online blog that he his "pleased to know this guy".
He says, "Bow in the presence of a true living legend in hip-hop. Lil Wayne the God."

and more recent
136107666_10.jpg

HiResDes

Don't put what I like into a box, as you obviously have no fucking idea.

...Also WTF at that last statement, no one else finds this ridiculous.

NARC

Neo Member
Seeing how Wayne dresses makes me genuinely sad, when did that become cool or even accepted in the world of hip-hop? I'm all for being different but come on!!

also Hell Hath No Fury is dope and some of the hate in this thread has surprised me, but calling it the best hip-hop album of the last 10 years is ridiculous. Have no interest in listening to solo Pusha nowadays either.

Lil Wayne better not be sitting on those leather chairs with his pants down, ain't nobody want weezy's gross ass sweat residue all over them. Dudes a bitch.

NARC

Neo Member
Tha Carter I and II had some great cuts, my personal favorite being B.M J.R from Tha Carter I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TkWgSfs1jE

Hard to believe it's even the same dude, he was never amazing but at least competent, everything post Tha Carter III is trash.

Nas top 25 albums list is pretty good, if not a little obvious

Kanye isn't gonna do anything, pretty sure hes cool w/ Wayne and that the Pusha/Wayne stuff predates Pusha linking up w/ Yeezy. Even if they're not cool, he would have taken shots after the whole WTT thing, imho.

See:
http://www.contactmusic.com/news/west-lil-wayne-is-a-god_1072012
Rapper KANYE WEST has praised his hip-hop rival LIL WAYNE - branding the star a "living legend".
The Gold Digger hitmaker is please to be working in the music industry alongside hip hop heavyweight Lil Wayne - and congratulates the rapper for the phenomenal success of his latest LP That Carter III - which has sold over a million copies in the U.S. in the first week of its release.
Lil Wayne's album, the third in a trilogy, is the fastest selling LP in America since 50 Cent's 2005 release The Massacre.
And West, who worked as a producer on the hit record, is proud of his peer's success - writing in his online blog that he his "pleased to know this guy".
He says, "Bow in the presence of a true living legend in hip-hop. Lil Wayne the God."

and more recent
136107666_10.jpg

jesus, that's a hideous combo. I bet that hoodie he's wearing is some Versace shit, they're notorious for that kind of loud foolishness.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Pusha T the best rapper out? Hhnf the best album of the last ten years? Who the fuck let the clipse's weed carriers get a gaf account. It's one thing to have a strong opinion on an artist, its another to just go on and on and on about it like your sucking the dudes dick and have to defend their honor.

Oh and hires might listen to some skinny jeans type rap on occasion but he's got better taste than half this board combined.

Grzi

Oh and hires might listen to some skinny jeans type rap on occasion but he's got better taste than half this board combined.

Listening to every single generic mixtape that comes out and praising it like it's the next best thing does not equal great taste.
Not bashing on HRD, he gets a lot of love from me, but lately a lot of his picks are samey geeky boom bap sounding wannabe lyricists in the vein of that boring Add-2 or whatever his name is.

Anyway, I'd like to hear other people's picks for better albums than HHNF in the last 10 years.

Esch

Banned
Listening to every single generic mixtape that comes out and praising it like it's the next best thing does not equal great taste.
Not bashing on HRD, he gets a lot of love from me, but lately a lot of his picks are samey geeky boom bap sounding wannabe lyricists in the vein of that boring Add-2 or whatever his name is.

Anyway, I'd like to hear other people's picks for better albums than HHNF in the last 10 years.
Yo fuck that. HRD hypes new music not because he thinks its the next illmatic. Its because you HAVE to to get people to check out new stuff. you absolutely are bashing on him. And you dont contribute shit so idk why you're ragging on the man for bringing new music to the thread.

Easy.

Blu & Exile- Below the Heavens
Ghostface Killah- Fishscale
GZA/Genius and DJ Muggs- Grandmasters
Madvillain-Madvillainy
MF Doom- Mmm....Food
Dalek-Abandoned Language/From Filthy Tongues of Gods and Griots
Kanye-Late Registration/MBTDF/College Dropout
Roc Marciano-Marcberg
Y Society-Travel At Your Own Pace
Nujabes-Modal Soul, Metaphorical Music, Spiritual State
J Dilla-Donuts

thats just a few.

EDIT: SMH, if youre not into boom bap shit you have no problems, pretty much EVERYONE else actively posting music in this thread is mostly into ballaballa shit anyway.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
That Add-2 tape is hot garbage, by the way. He's on some shit that makes Lil Whoopi look deep and introspective.

So disappoint.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I thought it was okay- it's biggest problem was that it was kinda boring

Boring and he went full retard with the "everything in the universe is just like slavery" shit. Work a job? You're a slave. Buy cotton shirts? Slave. Eat meat? Slave! Listen to rap? You're a super duper slave owner!

Fuck off, Add-2.

I love how this entire week has been nothing but stans coming the fuck out of nowhere to defend something

That's why I thought you Lupe fans would like him lol, jk.

Well, that was why I was excited to listen to his new shit. :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pusha T/Wayne beef is the softest thing since...

...the Common/Drake beef. Not worth the time.

Kanye won't get involved. He's too busy being deep in Kardashian pussy in a castle somewhere to be dealing with petty beefs. Good decision. The probability of him jumping in is the exact same probability of him jumping into the Common/Drake beef: 0%.

RJT

Boring and he went full retard with the "everything in the universe is just like slavery" shit. Work a job? You're a slave. Buy cotton shirts? Slave. Eat meat? Slave! Listen to rap? You're a super duper slave owner!

Fuck off, Add-2.

That was annoing, but other than that the tape was ace. Best mixtape of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom