• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to a Curren$y concert last night in Toronto. It was really good, except he didn't come out until like 12:15 and I was standing in front of the stage at like 8. He has tons of energy live it was awesome.

I didnt really know who Fiend or Young Roddy was so I didn't vibe to well with them being on stage for so long

Inspectah Deck is going to be at the same place in Toronto next week and I'm considering going to that one maybe

I went to a Curren$y concert last night in Toronto. It was really good, except he didn't come out until like 12:15 and I was standing in front of the stage at like 8. He has tons of energy live it was awesome.

I didnt really know who Fiend or Young Roddy was so I didn't vibe to well with them being on stage for so long

Does Currency rap over instrumentals, or over his vocals?

JEKKI

whooo whooo~!!! gotta recommendation for yallz~!!

basically, if u like this record:

61Jnr619FoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

then pick up this record:

61VG72uiXlL._SS500_.jpg

basically lots of dope hiphop actually mixed together by a scratch DJ.

all produced by one dood too, a real good on at that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhslLg-Nscs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac1GqNQ4yrU

CRS

Inspectah Deck is going to be at the same place in Toronto next week and I'm considering going to that one maybe

They're part of his Jet Life crew. Was Styles P there too?

They're part of his Jet Life crew. Was Styles P there too?

No Styles P wasn't there. Smoke DZA was supposed to be there but I believe the border control sent him back. Young Roddy got sent back too, but somehow made it back on time.

It was funny that Curren$y was trying to tell the security guards to let the crowd smoke their weed and let them have a good time, but the security didn't give a microfuck

I was close enough that Curren$y almost shook my hand, but instead shook the hand beside mine then walked away.

Tears were shed

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
In certain cases. I can't really pin it down. Maybe I've not heard enough SBQ yet.

I guess that kinda makes sense. They touch on similar topics and have a very drugged and lucid feel for a lot of their tracks until they put energy into it and when they do it's big.

now that I think about it a collab track would be kinda cool...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
well the fact you compared Clipse to Outkast tells me you really don't even listen to Clipse.

I don't really listen to them because they kinda suck to me..

But I listened to them enough to know that bootleg, street Outkast is a very generous compliment..

Sorry if Pusha T is your dude, but he ain't that hawt..

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Pusha T the best rapper out? Hhnf the best album of the last ten years? Who the fuck let the clipse's weed carriers get a gaf account. It's one thing to have a strong opinion on an artist, its another to just go on and on and on about it like your sucking the dudes dick and have to defend their honor.

Oh and hires might listen to some skinny jeans type rap on occasion but he's got better taste than half this board combined.
B-b-but you don't know them like I do! You don't listen to them like me!

I don't really listen to them because they kinda suck to me..

But I listened to them enough to know that bootleg, street Outkast is a very generous compliment..

Sorry if Pusha T is your dude, but he ain't that hawt..

Clipse are more Diet Ghost & Rae than Outkast, really.

Pusha T is the definition of a one dimensional coke rapper. He tries to be deep now to impress Kanye but it ain't working brehs. His rhyme pattern is always the same and he's like the definition of a punchline rapper.

HHNF is a good album, but it's not amazing. For his fans: what has he even done outside of that, and Lord Willin'? yawn

He's probably hood enough to step to Drake unlike Common, I'll give him that.

Clipse are more Diet Ghost & Rae than Outkast, really.

THANK YOU. Fishscale came out that same year and shat on HHNF. Listen to those Ghost n Rae tracks like Ragu, that shit is levels ahead of Clipse

I love Pusha, can't really defend the criticism that he's a one note coke rapper. Really like Lord Willin' and HHNF, his last mixtape was alright too.

Bootleg Street Outkast is pretty generous praise =/, but they click with me.

grriinding!

apart from the singles released with the help of the neptunes, i don't really fuck with pushaT/clipse

is Pusha T really someone favorite artist? his an overall average artist, working with tyler the creator on the god awful track confirmed it.

not even the talent behind good music/ neptunes combined can help this 1 dimension coke rapper

his best verse might of been on kanye west "runaway" for me

HiResDes

That Add-2 tape is hot garbage, by the way. He's on some shit that makes Lil Whoopi look deep and introspective.

So disappoint.

Garbage, hell naw wtf. Modern Day Coon is great, though I can see some people misunderstanding the point of it. Also working a job is a bit like slavery in these days considering the vast disparity in the separation of wealth and most jobs starting with wages that would put you well below the poverty line. Sure it's a bit hyperbolic, but I still would take the shit Add-2 is making over Lupe's shit anyday.

...Also a bunch of people already said what I wanted to say about HHNF and that it wasn't even the best album released that year...I'm kind of sad though as I was about to go in

Edit: Soilbreak your link is a little messed up on the new Juiceman.

Dont Die is storytelling track of the year

It's a toss up between that or No first night sex for me. No first night sex just has a hilarious ending, but don't die is just full of that fucking energy. jojo's chillin is another great one as well, I actually experienced something similar to the story in that song, going to the airport with weed and all lol.

Esch

Banned
damn, i could never do that smuggling weed shit. but thats because im brown and theyd turn my body cavities inside out.

Dont Die is storytelling track of the year

I gotta go with JoJo's Chillin. That shit...oh man. Not only is it this large, complex, semi-incomprehensible (initially) story, Ghostface pops up (not rapping, but as a character in the story). It's like the weirdest meta homage I've run across in hip hop.

Esch

Banned
i just love how the production progresses during different parts of the Don't Die story, it's a masterful blend of DJ and MC.

njean777

AB-Souls album is really good, I didnt care for his first one, but this one is really good. TDE group on point this year so far. Cannot wait for Kendricks album.

iavi

AB-Souls album is really good, I didnt care for his first one, but this one is really good. TDE group on point this year so far. Cannot wait for Kendricks album.

Yeah, I'm really excited for Kendrick's next effort. Since S80 he's really polished his delivery - sounding less 'talky' and much better over ballaballa production. His verse on 40waters "Catch a Fade" kills me.

CRS

Big Boi said:
I gotta a Record I just finished with Me @BIGKRIT and UGK All on one song. On my new Album ‪#DaddyFatSaxxx‬

:O Just when I thought that track couldn't get better. Album called "Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors".

Not sure what the UGK mention means. Probably just a recycled Pimp C verse or somthin'. Still... hype.

mooooose

Pusha T is the definition of a one dimensional coke rapper. He tries to be deep now to impress Kanye but it ain't working brehs. His rhyme pattern is always the same and he's like the definition of a punchline rapper.
He isn't "deep" but his charisma is off the charts. Like someone said, when he spits, it is like a demon takes over. He has true darkness to his rhymes.
HHNF is a good album, but it's not amazing. For his fans: what has he even done outside of that, and Lord Willin'? yawn
It's an amazing album. Some of Pharrell's best production and amazing verses and overall songs. The tracks are great.

Also Clipse has 4 five star albums under their belt. Exclusive Audio Footage, Lord Willin (the true Cuban Linx 2, fuck that stupid mixtape Rae put out as a sequel, this was a true innovation), Hell Hath No Fury, AND Till The Casket Drops. They have a VERY consistent catalog. And their mixtapes, especially for 2006-2008 era of mixtapes, were fucking great. They weren't just all DJ Drops and bullshit. They felt like albums.
THANK YOU. Fishscale came out that same year and shat on HHNF. Listen to those Ghost n Rae tracks like Ragu, that shit is levels ahead of Clipse
Fishscale fucking sucked. A bunch of great beats with shitty Theodore Unit rappers on them and half of what Ghost spit was ghostwritten by Trife. Fuck modern Ghostface until he starts spitting over more Doom and actually writing his shit. Apollo Kids sucked and I imagine Supreme Clientele 2 will too.

Anyway, Pusha goes hard. Surprised to see a lot of you aren't giving the man his credit but the dude has more charisma than anyone I can think of immediately besides ASAP and Ross. And that is only one part of his formula. He is an amazing lyricist who may be a little one dimensional in subject matter but he ALWAYS spins it in a way that is interesting, and I can't understand how some rappers (Raekwon, for example) can be heralded for that and Pusha gets a shit stick because he's mainstream in 2012 and Rae is putting out 30k number indie albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom