• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Clipse has 4 five star albums under their belt. Exclusive Audio Footage, Lord Willin (the true Cuban Linx 2, fuck that stupid mixtape Rae put out as a sequel, this was a true innovation), Hell Hath No Fury, AND Till The Casket Drops. They have a VERY consistent catalog. And their mixtapes, especially for 2006-2008 era of mixtapes, were fucking great. They weren't just all DJ Drops and bullshit. They felt like albums.

Fishscale fucking sucked.

Anyway, Pusha goes hard. Surprised to see a lot of you aren't giving the man his credit but the dude has more charisma than anyone I can think of immediately besides ASAP and Ross. And that is only one part of his formula. He is an amazing lyricist who may be a little one dimensional in subject matter but he ALWAYS spins it in a way that is interesting, and I can't understand how some rappers (Raekwon, for example) can be heralded for that and Pusha gets a shit stick because he's mainstream in 2012 and Rae is putting out 30k number indie albums.

What is happening here? Is this a real thing?

Did this really just happen?

I like HHNF as much as the next guy but.....what just happened here?

Fishscale? AYFKM?

Nothing on this earth is more boring than hearing Ghostface rap

Nothing.

Anyway, Pusha goes hard. Surprised to see a lot of you aren't giving the man his credit but the dude has more charisma than anyone I can think of immediately besides ASAP and Ross. And that is only one part of his formula. He is an amazing lyricist who may be a little one dimensional in subject matter but he ALWAYS spins it in a way that is interesting, and I can't understand how some rappers (Raekwon, for example) can be heralded for that and Pusha gets a shit stick because he's mainstream in 2012 and Rae is putting out 30k number indie albums.

file.php

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Hahaha this is moving from plain uber stanism to just absurd man crush need Pusha to hold me at night and cook me pancakes in the morning while I cup his balls levels of love. Get a hold if yourselves.

Tokubetsu

Who do you guys think makes the better pancakes, Pusha T or Lil-Wayne? Pusha T probably makes really dry pancakes. I bet Wayne knows how to make those nice fluffy butter milk ones your mother used to make. Probably gives you a little bacon on the side too. I doubt Lupe even knows how to make breakfast.

siddx

Who do you guys think makes the better pancakes, Pusha T or Lil-Wayne? Pusha T probably makes really dry pancakes. I bet Wayne knows how to make those nice fluffy butter milk ones your mother used to make. Probably gives you a little bacon on the side too. I doubt Lupe even knows how to make breakfast.

Whomever throws those chocolate chips in their pancakes wins my heart.

I am eating chocolate chip pancakes right now....

Whomever throws those chocolate chips in their pancakes wins my heart.

I am eating chocolate chip pancakes right now....

I bet Lil' Wayne would clean up after he was done making them. Pusha T would probably leave the kitchen a mess and Lupe would just put the toaster away.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Lupe would probably call the average man's love for pancakes and waffles, some sort of experimental government mind control.

And Add-2 would call griddled cakes the sign of modern day slavery.

Nas would be court ordered to make pancakes every Sunday morning for Kelis, while rapping into the spatula about how he's a don.

Jay-Z would take Bisquick, slap his face on the box and resell it as "The greatest pancake mix of all times."

Etc.

siddx

I bet Lil' Wayne would clean up after he was done making them. Pusha T would probably leave the kitchen a mess and Lupe would just put the toaster away.

Kanye would make french toast instead despite everyone asking him for pancakes. And he wouldn't actually cook them himself. Just stand behind the cook screaming that shit cray.

WanderingWind

Kanye would make french toast instead despite everyone asking him for pancakes. And he wouldn't actually cook them himself. Just stand behind the cook screaming that shit cray.

He'd sprinkle on gold flakes, shaved foie gras, truffles, imported-Dutch chocolate and garnish the whole thing with breast-milk whipped cream.

Esch

Banned
He isn't "deep" but his charisma is off the charts. Like someone said, when he spits, it is like a demon takes over. He has true darkness to his rhymes.

It's an amazing album. Some of Pharrell's best production and amazing verses and overall songs. The tracks are great.

Also Clipse has 4 five star albums under their belt. Exclusive Audio Footage, Lord Willin (the true Cuban Linx 2, fuck that stupid mixtape Rae put out as a sequel, this was a true innovation), Hell Hath No Fury, AND Till The Casket Drops. They have a VERY consistent catalog. And their mixtapes, especially for 2006-2008 era of mixtapes, were fucking great. They weren't just all DJ Drops and bullshit. They felt like albums.

Fishscale fucking sucked. A bunch of great beats with shitty Theodore Unit rappers on them and half of what Ghost spit was ghostwritten by Trife. Fuck modern Ghostface until he starts spitting over more Doom and actually writing his shit. Apollo Kids sucked and I imagine Supreme Clientele 2 will too.

seek professional help

this level of dickriding is unhealthy

Esch

Banned
damn i wonder what nas's daughter did to make him that sad hahahaa

Edit: just looked her up. shes a bit of a porker isnt she

Edit2: pancakes and all that sweet bread shit sucks give me 2-3 eggs any style, some bacon or sausage, hash browns, and some delicious whole milk

hahaha clipse has 4 five star albums. The most ridiculous thing I've read in awhile. I was fine with people claiming Clipse had one under their belt, because I always saw HHNF as a huge hate it or love it album but 4? lol ridiculous.

That Nas daughters video is nice.

kamspy

I take Ghost over Pusha 7 days a week, but I'd take HhnF over Fishscale.

Now, if we were talking Bulletproof Wallets, Supreme Clientele or Ironman it would be a whole nother story.

Tokubetsu

I take Ghost over Pusha 7 days a week, but I'd take HhnF over Fishscale.

Now, if we were talking Bulletproof Wallets, Supreme Clientele or Ironman it would be a whole nother story.

So what you're saying is, you're more of a waffles kind of a guy?

1 "The Return of Clyde Smith" (Intro)
2 "Shakey Dog"
3 "Kilo" (featuring Raekwon)
4 "The Champ"
5 "Major Operation" (Skit)
6 "9 Milli Bros." (featuring Wu-Tang Clan)
7 "Beauty Jackson" (Interlude)
8 "Heart Street Directions" (Skit)
9 "Columbus Exchange" (Skit) / "Crack Spot"
10 "R.A.G.U." (featuring Raekwon)
11 "Bad Mouth Kid" (Skit)
12 "Whip You With a Strap"
13 "Back Like That" (featuring Ne-Yo)
14 "Be Easy" (featuring Trife)
15 "Clipse of Doom" (featuring Trife)
16 "Jellyfish" (featuring Cappadonna, Shawn Wigs, & Trife
17 "Dogs of War" (featuring Raekwon, Cappadonna, & Sun God)
18 "Barbershop"
19 "Ms. Sweetwater" (Skit)
20 "Big Girl"
21 "Underwater"
22 "The Ironman Takeover" (Skit)
23 "Momma" (featuring Megan Rochell)
24* "Three Bricks" (featuring The Notorious B.I.G., & Raekwon)

So not including skits and interludes Fishscale is 9/17 for me regarding great tracks.
Hell Hath No Fury doesn't have any weak links, which is why people consider it a classic.
It's definitely better than Fishscale in my opinion.

Ehhh Back Like That can get a 1/2 point. So can Momma actually, cause that's not all bad.
The second half of Fishscale is weak though man.

I definitely think HHNF has some weak links...I'll just agree to disagree.

But that's no fun! What don't you rate on HHNF?
Dirty Money is the weakest track but it still fits the (loose) narrative and isn't bad.

I'll agree that HHNF is a tighter project than Fishscale, but that's as far as I'm going. Pusha is not God's greatest gift to man, he probably doesn't even make pancakes, and Clipse barely have one 5 star album.

This is approaching U-God levels of insanity.

HiResDes

Well the fact that you didn't bold Clipse of Doom nor Dogs of War tells me all I need to know. HHNF highs are lower than Fishscale's highs for me is the real story.

I'll agree that HHNF is a tighter project than Fishscale, but that's as far as I'm going. Pusha is not God's greatest gift to man, he probably doesn't even make pancakes, and Clipse barely have one 5 star album.

This is approaching U-God levels of insanity.

It's like Mooose had a mental breakdown when someone claimed Clipse were a diet Ghost and Rae. lol his post is just too funny honestly. And man waffles are good as fuck too, I don't know which I prefer.

Well the fact that you didn't bold Clipse of Doom nor Dogs of War tells me all I need to know. HHNF highs are lower than Fishscale's highs for me is the real story.

The production on Dogs Of War is garbage.
Garbage!
That beat is so awful it's a struggle to finish the track. To me it's that bad.
What Clips Of Doom has in it's favour is it doesn't have an offensively bad beat for one, but other that Ghost's opening the track is pretty dull and overshadowed by nearly everything else on the album.
Shakey Dog is the Fishscale high for me, it's Ghost at his best doing what he does better than anybody else.
That's a classic track but I definitely don't agree that something like Wamp Wamp is a lesser track.

Esch

Banned
Come on, you have to have some love for Back Like That, as cocoa butter as that track is.

its an amazing track, easily a favorite one on the album

ghost is one of the few gangsta rappers that can get a lil fruity(see: bulletproof wallets), and still make marmalade.

EDIT: Three Bricks and Be Easy are dope as well sorry

The Neptunes are very much like Timbo in-where their diversity is the key.
It's unfair to judge them on their Hip-Hop work alone, it misses the point entirely.

An example is where just in the past couple of weeks they've produced for both:

Rye Rye - Shake, Twist, Drop

and

The Scissor Sisters - Inevitable

The ease in traversing multiple genres is their skill and is what puts them amongst the top of the pile.

So I missed it at the time, but it seems NME recently compiled a 50 Greatest Producers Ever list.
The link is worth clicking as they have provided Spotify playlists of each producers work, but here's the list in full anyway:

50. DJ Shadow
49. Paul Epworth
48. George Clinton
47. Pete Rock
46. RZA
45. Roy Thomas Baker
44. Jerry Wexler
43. Jimmy Miller
42. Steve Albini
41. Trevor Horn
40. Steve Lillywhite
39. Trent Reznor
38. Prince
37. Mark Ronson
36. Max Martin
35. Jeff Lynne
34. Biddu
33. Danger Mouse
32. Jimmy Iovine
31. Tom Dowd
30. Sam Phillips
29. Berry Gordy
28. J Dilla
27. Matt Lange
26. Teo Macero
25. John Leckie
24. DJ Premier
23. Jim Steinman
22. Babyface
21. Chris Thomas
20. Andrew Weatherall
19. Daniel Lanois
18. Todd Rundgren
17. Stephen Street
16. The Neptunes
15. T Bone Burnett
14. Nigel Godrich
13. Timbaland
12. Arif Mardin
11. Lee Scratch Perry
10. Dr. Dre
9. Butch Vig
8. Brian Wilson
7. Brian Eno
6. Rick Rubin
5. Phil Spector
4. Nile Rodgers
3. Quincy Jones
2. George Martin
1. Joe Meek

Hip-Hop is fairly well represented, especially if we claim Rick Rubin as one of 'ours.'
Regarding Hip-Hop producers, something that does stand out is the absence of Prince Paul!
He was at the forefront of sampling, created the skit and changed the genre forever.
I am happy that Timbaland got an adequate amount of acclaim though.

Anybody have any thoughts on the list?

WanderingWind

this post makes as much sense as

Here, I'll help you out.

"lol" = Denotes bemusement and derision.
Drake = A singer/rapper/former child actor who is once again trying to be tough. What happened with his beef with the tattoo artist?

He really ought to get on Kanye's level where he stays out of this shit and makes records.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom