• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope, Dessa dropped that on her fb, in a recent interview p.o.s. said he was like 98% done while also saying his collab ep with Astronautalis was done. I expected Dessa to drop first, but I guess her album will be a nov/dec release.

anyone heard anything on Chico and the Man? I havent been staying up on all this shit lately

pretty sure we haven't heard anything about it since the delay

iavi

This is easily in running for most cohesive album of 2012. Hell, it feels like a while since I've last heard an album that not only sounded as if it was touched by only one pair of hands throughout making, but was as consistent in quality by the end of it. No I.D came close with Common last year, but even that had it's moments where the production just faltered itself, or was good but sounded as if it was trying for something outside of Common's range.

^@esch, Ditto. I fucking love the hooks. Hater's aren't on that level.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Just got done with the first listen. Comes off to me as just so slightly better than his mixtapes, if it's better at all with time. Subject matter is still extra typical, beats are knockin, but it's just lacking the depth I'd expect from an album. Maybe I expect too much from Krit, but this dude's been making the same songs with new beats for about 5 CD's now.

And there's nothin wrong with an elementary hook, I love a simple hook if it's done well, but some of these joints are just stupid, he puts in so much effort everywhere else, why slack on the hook?

I mean the dopest beat on the album, and the hook goes:

I still got my suuub hoe!

+ [insert recycled hook from mixtape]

x2

Shit's just a waste. He's inches away from making classic music but he fucks it up by slacking on the details IMO.

Esch

Banned
Luda verse was pretty wack

BTW Im really sad no one else commented on the Nas almost fighting Wesley Snipes incident, its too funny

BTW Im really sad no one else commented on the Nas almost fighting Wesley Snipes incident, its too funny

because it's straight bullshit. No way that happened. "You're not leaving this place alive"

if he actually said that to Nino/Blade we'd have heard about broken bones and shit on TMZ.

Esch

Banned
Grace Jones would have beat nawse's ass too.

Has anyone noticed that SOHH died? Dont post but i lurk and its been completely euthanized, lol.

cacophony

new KRIT on repeat. Can't wait to pick this up next Tues. I might get Currensy's album too but I haven't really been into any of his stuff since the Pilot Talks

kamspy

Don't know if this is any good, but it must be since I'm just walking through the game still.

sqpos.jpg

HiResDes

i fucking like the hooks. so what if they're cheesin and elementary, some of them are dope as fuck.

he has given a dude plenty of great hooks in the past present and most likely future

edit: man its been a hot minute since we've had any backpacker rap talk, it's almost nice.

This is pretty tight, probably not by comparison though

HiResDes

Also the week after Spitta and KRIT drop, this comes out:

8f1edd7b1bf6e8cf44c895100302c69a.jpg

moovmnt.com said:
Oh No created an entire album based on samples from Rudy Ray Moore’s Dolemite soundtrack. It’ll be coming out June 5th on the Five Day Weekend label and is exclusively available at the Stones Throw store. Some pretty big names on here such as MF Doom, Evidence, Jose James, Erick Sermon, Phife Dawg, Sticky Fingaz and more

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I PULL UP, ITS OVER!!!!
I PULL UP, ITS OVER!!!!
I PULL UP, ITS OVER!!!!
I PULL UP, ITS OVER!!!!
I PULL UP, ITS OVER!!!!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
K.R.I.T. really needs to get someone to do his hooks. Album is cohesive and solid, aside from that.

edit:Yea, My Sub 2's beat is ridiculous. It's going to be heavy in rotation.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Normal is a joke. Nightmare you'll die if you don't know what you're doing. Hell you'll die often. Inferno you will be one shotted constantly.

He'll has been whooping my ass. Definetly designed with co-op play in mind. I can progress but it's slow and torturous. Started a new character while I wait for my friends to reach hell so we can play together.
On a related note, some bitchass broken into my account and stole all my gold. Makes no fucking sense since I don't do open games, don't play with people I don't know, don't have strangers on my friends list, never play on another computer or outside my home, and my password reminder is a fake (the question and answer are totally unrelated). Blizzard is fucking up here somewhere.

Macca

He'll has been whooping my ass. Definetly designed with co-op play in mind. I can progress but it's slow and torturous. Started a new character while I wait for my friends to reach hell so we can play together.
On a related note, some bitchass broken into my account and stole all my gold. Makes no fucking sense since I don't do open games, don't play with people I don't know, don't have strangers on my friends list, never play on another computer or outside my home, and my password reminder is a fake (the question and answer are totally unrelated). Blizzard is fucking up here somewhere.
I bet Lupe did it.

Jay Sosa

You can't get it from Amazon? Or barring that, a digital download?

Nope, only via amazon.com. With shipping I'd probably have to pay even more than the 22€ on amazon.de.

I mean I surely will get my hands on it (there are more, legal, options out there) it's just amazing that I have no problem pre-ordering a Z-ro album like 10 weeks in advance but have to import a record from a major by myself.

Tokubetsu

Do you have a smartphone? Use the authenticator. I just finished Hell a couple days ago.

Detox

Good Job Def Jam! The only way I can buy Krits album is via import. For the awesome price of 22€. Quite the bargain.

Poor Krit.

Wait they are not releasing in EU at all as in no digital? I just noticed none of the singles are on iTunes... Fuck neither is Nas' if we don't get Life is Good...

Esch

Banned
anyone hit up the new Large Professor? I hear its dope

professor-at-large.jpg

01. Key To The City
02. UNOWHTMSAYN
03. Straight From The Golden f. Busta Rhymes
04. Focused Up f. Cormega & Tragedy Khadafi
05. Happy Days R Here f. Fame M.O.P.
06. Professor @ Large
07. Light Years
08. Barber Shop Chop
09. Live Again
10. Mack Don Illz f. Mic Geronimo & Grand Daddy IU
11. Sun, Star & Crescents
12. Kick Da Habit
13. LP Surprise
14. Back In Time
15. M.A.R.S. f. Cormega, Action Bronson, Roc Marciano & Saigon

Jay Sosa

Wait they are not releasing in EU at all as in no digital? I just noticed none of the singles are on iTunes... Fuck neither is Nas' if we don't get Life is Good...

Nah, that would be truly shameful.

I'm absolutely sure there will be both a digital and physical release of the new Nas.

Don't know what's up with Krits album, maybe it will be up in a few days. Really hope so.

Btw: Just checked amazon.co.uk: You can preorder it for 10 pounds, they even have the clean version. It seems the problem lies with amazon.de..

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Where the hell is that Bronson + Alchemist? They better be cooking up some killer shit, taking this long.

I bet Action, Alc, Riff Raff, and Dirt Nasty are about to form the next supergroup. They'll call'em The Great White Hype. Guest starring Andy Milonakis.

Blizzard is definitely BSing about how vulnerable the D3 servers are. I know people who exclusively play with their closest friends, and they're having accounts cleaned out of everything.

Lhexh

Take away his monsta beats and alchemist and what do you have a failed no limit artist thats too high to finish a sentence half the time and dresses like my lil step bro.

Esch

Banned
And you can argue that. That is fine I just don't see it. He is no one I will ever take him seriously as an artist. I feel like he is selling an image more then his music.

not trolling huh

makes little sense, people dont rep jetlife like that, sons mixtapes and albums are often free too. So what's being sold?

Lhexh

not trolling huh

makes little sense, people dont rep jetlife like that, sons mixtapes and albums are often free too. So what's being sold?

His concerts are not free. That is how most of these artists are making money nowadays. See he already got you bro you must think he sells coke and does this music thing for free. Im joking on that last bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom