• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't want to be the one to say it. Kam and Toku got it right.

I'll just say I'm definitely not feeling Live From the Underground as much as yall are. I'm still going to support the shit because dude put out 3 in a row great albums personally.

OG Kush

KRIT needs to work on his hooks.. man im getting tired of his hooks. definietly prfer most of the ones where someone else is doing the hook.

Kusagari

I've always wondered why I never got into KRIT as much as ya'll, but this actually makes it clear.

His shitty hooks have been destroying him for me long before Live From the Underground. If a song has a shitty hook it instantly makes me never want to hear it again. And KRIT is the king of shitty hooks.

KRIT needs to work on his hooks.. man im getting tired of his hooks. definietly prfer most of the ones where someone else is doing the hook.

wasnt he on the hook for money on the floor? that shit was incredible, such a great hook

ill wait until the album comes out. the npr player is being screwy for me so i cant scan through songs like id like, and im not a type to listen from beginning to end. from what ive heard, beats are on point, and hooks are garbage. sounds like a great debut regardless.

oh, and R4 should have been the studio debut.

yep. still his best work.

I've only listened to the first half of the album. I think it's good and the production is bomb, but I don't think I'll like it more than Return of 4eva unless the second half just explodes in quality.

Esch

Banned
yo fuck you guys, praying man is
ahh.png

HiResDes

anyone hit up the new Large Professor? I hear its dope

professor-at-large.jpg

01. Key To The City
02. UNOWHTMSAYN
03. Straight From The Golden f. Busta Rhymes
04. Focused Up f. Cormega & Tragedy Khadafi
05. Happy Days R Here f. Fame M.O.P.
06. Professor @ Large
07. Light Years
08. Barber Shop Chop
09. Live Again
10. Mack Don Illz f. Mic Geronimo & Grand Daddy IU
11. Sun, Star & Crescents
12. Kick Da Habit
13. LP Surprise
14. Back In Time
15. M.A.R.S. f. Cormega, Action Bronson, Roc Marciano & Saigon
I'm on it, MARS is easily in my top ten favorite cuts of the year.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I don't give a fuck, Live from the underground sounds immaculate, I only gave it one listen so I don't spoil it but I can already tell it will live in my stereo.\

You koko B.ware motherfuckers.

Macca

Yea. Live from the Underground is pretty much everything I wanted from a KRIT album. Did not disappoint at all. The production alone is outstanding. Can't wait to get a physical copy.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
How does KRIT's album compare to his last mixtape? I can't imagine him topping that

I feel like the first half of the album is closer to return of 4eva, more "smart ignorant" stuff, big drums and heavy bass. While the second half is closer to 4eva and a day, more low key slower paced thoughtful stuff that kampsy will hate.

Macca

I think it's a really good blend between all 3 of his tapes. Only downside I feel at the moment is I feel a couple of the features weren't as good as they could have been.

kamspy

How does KRIT's album compare to his last mixtape? I can't imagine him topping that

For me after 1 full listen (and some repeat cuts) to the new album

Wuz Here > R4 > Live From Unda -> 4eva na Day

Best retail album would have been mix of songs from Wuz Here and R4...a year ago. Pretty sure 4eva na Day is from these album sessions.

iavi

I think it's a really good blend between all 3 of his tapes. Only downside I feel at the moment is I feel a couple of the features weren't as good as they could have been.

Yeah, Fiona's ft wasn't as strong as I was hoping, and Luda's was so wack I can't even remember it a day later.

Macca

Yo dudes, just letting ya'll know that http://www.acemixes.com/ should be all up to date with Ace's mixes. Took a bit of time today just getting everything up on there.

And one other thing that's pretty cool, you can add http://www.acemixes.com/feed/ into your podcast aggregator of choice (iTunes etc) and see all of the mixes to download. Good thing about having it as a podcast rather than a song is that they should start where you left off.

Still a bit of work left to do, but I'm getting there!

T Dollarz

Is anyone else waiting until the album actually drops for KRIT? I feel like I'm the only one that's still 100% in the dark on it. Can't decide if I want to stream it or not...

Edit: Nevermind, I've heard 'Money on the Floor' and I think I listened to 'I Got This' once.

HiResDes

It started out really strong for me, Mob Ties jams...The God's Don't Favor You is also the track I would make if I was more motivated.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yo dudes, just letting ya'll know that http://www.acemixes.com/ should be all up to date with Ace's mixes. Took a bit of time today just getting everything up on there.

And one other thing that's pretty cool, you can add http://www.acemixes.com/feed/ into your podcast aggregator of choice (iTunes etc) and see all of the mixes to download. Good thing about having it as a podcast rather than a song is that they should start where you left off.

Still a bit of work left to do, but I'm getting there!

Killing! It!

HiResDes

Sick ass website, you need to spread that shit around...Southernhospitality.co.uk would definitely be into pimping the Ignorant Mixes.

Esch

Banned
ive been thinking gafhop should have a facebook group for a while now

just placed my live from the underground preorder

T Dollarz

ive been thinking gafhop should have a facebook group for a while now

just placed my live from the underground preorder

That's a great idea. I'm actually in a facebook group now that talks exclusively hip hop between friends and friends of friends. We've had it going for like a year now and it has expanded to be really great discussions and sharing music. Posts in there every day. Fun stuff.

iavi

New: Currensy (Ft Big KRIT & Wiz Khalifa) - "Jet Life"

I'm not feeling KRIT's production on this one. It's not bad, but I'll listen to LFTU if I wanted to hear more of its stylings. I want sleepy, sax-ridden jazz samples from Spitta.

---

On another note, E40 tweeted this, for whatever reason.

Aside from the fact that he mentions no bread, which is the most important part of the fucking sandwich, what's behind the chalkboard? Is that some kind of motivational-pic producing app?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
---

On another note, E40 tweeted this, for whatever reason.

Aside from the fact that he mentions no bread, which is the most important part of the fucking sandwich, what's behind the chalkboard? Is that some kind of motivational-pic producing app?

Thats the problem is people are waiting for God to provide the fucking bread as well it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom