• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pusha T - Exodus 23:1(Video)

3sEXg.png

id love to see all that emasculating pancake talk done in front of pusha t's face..

awesome video.

Esch

Banned
id love to see all that emasculating pancake talk done in front of pusha t's face..

awesome video.

i think pusha would be just fine with a question regarding his breakfast to be honest

i'm not afraid of him just because he raps about cocaine

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Dude didn't even have the balls to whisper out the ninjas he was dissings names. That puts him on Drake levels of diss rhyme. Maybe even lower because he should've learned from Drizzy's weak ass subliminal shit.

Also, that El-P video is pretty much the greatest thing, ever.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Pusha went to the Jay-Z school of subliminals. He didn't even describe anyone and Wayne decided to hang himself. Guess he learned when Jay dug in his ass with that line about Caskets n such.

Anyways, man. How do you all keep up on all of this new music? Shit's crazy. lol

bah got last post. reposting for those that might have missed it, everyone go cop this

TALWST
Alien Tentacle Sex

more r&b from toronto. obvious weeknd comparisons (illangelo has produced for him too) but this guy sounds much more experimental. peep this shit, im liking it a lot.

standouts:
- woman
- mercy me <-- damn
- no stones

BlackWaltz

lotta black folks here
Just finished listening to Caddies and Syrup, really liked it. Hearing Krit's What U Mean on there again... Luda's verse really is fucking awful.

Really nice.
The kid knows when his rhyme patterns need to be complex and when to make them a bit simpler for a better effect, something a lot of rappers lack, that feeling.

Any mixtapes available?

I found these that his Pro Era crew released but I haven't listened to them. I'm just waiting for Joey's 1999 mixtape coming out June 12th.

http://indy.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/16718/capital_steez_amerikkkan_korruption.html
http://www.thesmokersclub.com/smokersclub/progressive-era-the-seccs-tape-mixtape/

OG Kush

June 5
Big K.R.I.T. &#8211; Live From the Underground
Cam&#8217;ron &#8211; More Gunz Less Buttah
K&#8217;Naan &#8211; Country, God Or The Girl
Kool Keith &#8211; Love & Danger
Madchild (Swollen Members) &#8211; Dope Sick
Ryan Leslie &#8211; Les Is More
Oh No &#8211; Ohnomite
Curren$y &#8211; The Stoned Immaculate
Bobby Brown &#8211; The Masterpiece

gonna be a good one

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
June 5
Big K.R.I.T. – Live From the Underground
Cam’ron – More Gunz Less Buttah
K’Naan – Country, God Or The Girl
Kool Keith – Love & Danger
Madchild (Swollen Members) – Dope Sick
Ryan Leslie – Les Is More
Oh No – Ohnomite
Curren$y – The Stoned Immaculate
Bobby Brown – The Masterpiece

gonna be a good one
One artist that I am interested in and bunch of "meh"

Double D

New Oh No reminds me I never checked out Gangrene. Also, anyone have any good Spotify playlists? I just don't have the time to seek out all this new stuff but it'd be great to have it spoon-fed to me.

I enjoyed it on my first spin. He needs to work on the rap-singing (dunno what to call it) on that one track though. It sounds a lot smoother when The Weeknd does it.

agreed. he doesnt sound very confident doing it, but his singing is pretty good.

always happy to hear more illangelo production tho, dude is blowin up so quickly. fuck, dude is so good

Tokubetsu

(Click Image)

A lot of rap in there.

Master P, Ghetto D (1997)
Label: No Limit Records

Adam DeVine: “I have that shit, I love Southern rap. For whatever reason that just connects with me. I’m like, ‘Yes, no, mama does make crack like this.’ That makes the most sense to me. I’m just a little white kid growing up in the suburbs and I’m like, ‘Yes, mama makes crack likes this.’ ‘What’s that, Adam?’ ‘Nevermind, mom.’

“Basically, I feel like when I started smoking weed and drinking beer, I fell in love with every album. Every album is between 98 and 2003, it’s a real turning point in my life.”

Young Jeezy, Let’s Get It: Thug Motivation 101 (2005)
Label: CTE/Island Def Jam

Blake Anderson: “This is more for a specific time in my life. It just brings me back to a really specific couple of years. For about four or five years all I was doing was delivering pizza before we got the show. I was pizza trapping for sure. That album is exactly that, thug motivation. I wasn’t trapping I was out there slinging pizzas and that was my bible. I was thinking, ‘This isn’t it. You got to hustle.’ It was the motion picture soundtrack to not settle, keep working towards an ultimate goal. I haven’t listened to that album in a while. I have to pop it back in. That was my pizza slangin’ soundtrack.”

Waka Flocka Flame, Flockaveli (2010)
Label: 1017 Brick Squad, Warner Bros., Asylum

Blake Anderson:“I think that it pretty much changed the game. You can say what you want about Waka or whatever. like, ‘Oh he can’t rap.’ He always is like, ‘I’m not a rapper anyway.’ The proof is when this dude drops his album, if 80 percent of that genre of music changes to sound like him, you know you did something right. Everybody is trying to be hype and get Lex Luger beats and all that. Everybody is just all about that energy that I don’t think anyone matches as well as Waka. He just brings this almost punk-rock energy but it’s so hood and hip-hop. I just remember kind of taking a gamble getting the album and it’s just one of those times...I was sitting at Universal Studios about to ride some rides, but I just kicked it in the parking lot because as soon as I turned it on, I was like, ‘Whoa.’ It just makes me want to shoot machine guns. I love Waka, he’s the shit.”

Other Highlights:

Keith Sweat, The Best of Keith Sweat (2004)
Label: Elektra

Blake Anderson: “See I’m a Pisces so I get down with love songs. I’m totally into slow jams and old-school R&B, all that. As far as R. Kelly and Usher, all that shit is really cool, but this Best of Keith Sweat is the most flawless album. You can throw it on and every song is legit. The beats are dope. People have sampled a lot of his shit. I just think it’s probably the best album to put on and freaking make love to your woman. ‘How Deep Is Your Love’ is the track for sure. That is such a heavy bass. Celly Cel from the Bay sampled it, ‘It’s Goin Down.’ That one is legit.”

The show is hilarious too if you've never seen it (they write and produce it):
http://youtu.be/5E1JLR-h_bE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom