• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Their highest ranked Kanye album was Graduation! The cycle begins...again...
Great show too by the way.

You gotta add some fuel to the fire son

Anders Holm: "This album was like, ‘Yup, he knows exactly what he’s doing.’ Every album that he does is going to be dope. ‘Good Life’ is a classic to me forever. You put that CD on in any situation and things will start jumping. People will sweat that College Dropout, it was cool. I got a lot of songs on there that I like. Late Registration was real hot. He let people know how good he was with production on that album. He had songs that kind of trailed off and he could do his thing and there was no one rapping. On My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, to me, you can dial it back. People sweated him for doing his thing and sure, do your thing. But I don’t know, three of those songs I could of have gone with ending 60 seconds earlier.”

Esch

Banned
yGKjf.gif

OMG this gif..

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
So good.

Edit: Stoned Immaculate >> Live From the Underground

LFtU is probably my disappointment of the year right now. I just can't get over the lazy, generic hooks and the awkward features like Luda. There were a few songs that I loved, but overall was letdown. Easily my least favorite effort of his.

don't get me wrong... I like KRIT, but you are making it sound like he hasn't collaborated with almost all the southern legends like 8ball MJG, Luda,TI, UGK, Banner already.. Luda has made about 4 songs with him.. so nothing awkward about them being together on a track.. furthermore, most of his hooks have been that way.. even his often lauded Country Shit

Let me tell you bout this country sh*t
Country country sh*t
Country country sh*t
Country country sh*t
Country country sh*t
Country country sh*t

iavi

It's amazing how conspicuous the Neptune touch is, and I'm not feeling it on The Stoned Immaculate. Actually, I haven't felt for a Neptune track in a minute.

E: J.U.S.T.I.C.E League, on the other hand, fucking killed it, for the most part; "Take you There" is the kind of track I imagined when looking at that album cover.

E2: I might've spoken a bit fast on the Neptunes...But Pharrell needs to shut the fuck up. Seriously. It's like, my ninja, you are nowhere, and never were anywhere near buttery enough to be singing the way you keep trying to.

E3: Ok. The production on "Chandelier" is EXACTLY what I'm came for, and one of the smoothest shit's I've heard in a sec. Even Sir 'smooth a lot' Spitta almost gets outplayed by the accompaniment...Nah, fuck it, he actually does. I need to find out who produced this joint.

New KRIT album is good. But not as good as Return of 4eva or Wuz Here. Beats knock though but I'm not really feeling the songs that much.

I'm surprised I like Stoned Immaculate more. Wasn't expecting that at all. Still he got some right features on here. Would have liked a David Banner beat/hook, however. And some Big Boi.

not good times for YMCM

first Drake got styled on by a billionaire

The Weezy...

lol

lol so bitchmade

don't get me wrong... I like KRIT, but you are making it sound like he hasn't collaborated with almost all the southern legends like 8ball MJG, Luda,TI, UGK, Banner already.. Luda has made about 4 songs with him.. so nothing awkward about them being together on a track.. furthermore, most of his hooks have been that way.. even his often lauded Country Shit

Country country sh*t
Country country sh*t
Country country sh*t
Country country sh*t
Country country sh*t

see i thought that was a good hook because of the part the comes before it, but now that i think about it, thats a long ass hook

krit shoulda released 4eva n a day way after his album. i think he put out too much music in a short time and more energy shoulda have gone to the album.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I have no problems with Krit's hooks. I listen to his ish almost exclusively in the car and they just make me want to hang out the window and scream at passerby's "YEAH THATS ME!!!"

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I've actually been a bit meh on the last couple of ignorant mixes but 14 is ridiculous, sick as fuck.

iavi

Overall, I'm not feeling The Stoned Immaculate. Few strong tracks on there, and one damn good one among shit that's pretty bad. A lot of the production didn't work with Spitta, and the track that did the most - 'Chandelier' - he failed to carry his on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom