• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
No love for Jay Elec with that shit. I don't fucks with banging a man's wife. Mafia rules.

I would've slapped her ass too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
She's into that black Elohim Anunnaki rap

or maybe that Farrakhan Hakeem Olajuwon Qaddafi rap
Jay+Electronica+JayElectronica1.jpeg

Bishman

Last night my friends and I was going out for my birthday. KRIT - What U Mean bangs so hard ! Gets you hyped before going out to club.

PBY

Banned
For the record- people are seriously underrating hnc because it came out so long ago- control system is great, but it can't touch hnc. And hnc is light years ahead of anything q has done before

njean777

No fucking way. Setbacks had some extra dope tracks but was nowhere near as complete an album as HnC.

I disagree, I like HNC but setbacks has more interesting topics then just sex. HNC is almost always about sex. I dont mind it much, but sometimes I just get bored of the subject matter.

For the record- people are seriously underrating hnc because it came out so long ago- control system is great, but it can't touch hnc. And hnc is light years ahead of anything q has done before

Personally I would rate Control System higher then HNC, but that is just my opinion. Ab Soul talks about more interesting topics.

But we all know KEndrick will be my AOTY unless it doesnt come out, or he really screws up.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

The shit just came out in January. Underrated in relation to Control System? Come on pboy. I'd flip that in reverse, if anything.

I just like Ab's album a lot more. I would've if it came out on the same day as HnC.

PBY

Banned
Well if he practices what he preaches, then it will be just as good as Section 80, hopefully better. Who knows, but I have a feeling he will top Section 80.
Thatll be tough to do, but I hope so as well. Not so much worried about Kendrick, more concerned about the production- I know he said he's still working with his old producers... But yeah.

Cocaine 80's is some real good music, mang. I never know where the next track is going, but it's always good.

Then Common outta nowhere drops a verse on Motivation. So good.

HiResDes

HNC is not light years ahead, but it is better than Setbacks by a small margin. Control System is much better than Longterm Mentality, which was pretty dope already but on the surface level it's not as good as HnC...If you really can dig deep and listen to Control System through repeated go around, it does have a much greater depth than HnC besides maybe Sacrilegious. Two years from now people will still be figuring things out about Control System, and two years from now people will be saying HnC is slightly over-appreciated...That's how I see it, and believe it or not but I'm usually right. I was right about Danny. I was right about TDE. I was the first person to talk about KRIT, and I was the first person to really post a bunch of Big Sean (though I rather dislike him now).

...Cocaine 80's is boring.

Kaizer

Banned
Thatll be tough to do, but I hope so as well. Not so much worried about Kendrick, more concerned about the production- I know he said he's still working with his old producers... But yeah.

I'm not really that worried, I feel like Kendrick's in his zone right now. If it's Section.80 2.0 then I'll be good. What I wonder is if any of the Dr. Dre stuff is actually gonna end up on the album.

...Cocaine 80's is boring.

smh

This is what happens when you have no natural talent, you keep biting other people's shit. Retire already Gambino, while you can still focus on acting.

Ugh, except it actually does take talent to rap in numerous different styles...doesn't matter if he's "jacking" another rappers style, the fact that he can switch up so much is impressive in itself

iavi

What the hell is with the tags on this Cocaine 80's EP? Shit's an absolute mess.

E: And this quality is horrid. Deleted.

What the hell is with the tags on this Cocaine 80's EP? Shit's an absolute mess.

E: And this quality is horrid. Deleted.

I can deal with the tags but yeah the quality's bad unfortunately.

EDIT:

Am I crazy for enjoying Stoned Immaculate more than Live From The Underground?

OG Kush

Wasn't Jay Electronica all up on the conspiracy shit? And now hes hanging out with the FUCKING Rothschilds?! I know Jay Elect has read into all the shit about the Rothschilds..

some choice quotes as well from the article:
"Electronica, 36, who is signed to Kate’s record label Round Table, was born and raised in the violent crime-ridden Magnolia Projects in New Orleans, Louisiana. He has been rapping since 2004 and is known for controversial and explicitly sexual lyrics"
"they are deeply shocked that Kate has left Ben for a bad-boy rapper."

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
LFTU > all your bullshit albums. I love it when everyone else is so wrong and I'm so right. You peter pan ass donut sprinkles motherfuckers.

And cocaine80's is trash

Macca I just got your pm, I've been diabloing too much recently and haven't gotten on gaf. As I said in the pm, i'll get it on that soon.

Is where the Instagram trend got us? People shooting videos on VHS!?
Is this where the white girl rapper trend got us? Brooke Candy!?

I don't even know what to say.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfiAjNf3QJA

What is this shit? It's like Kreayshawn mixed with Mad Max.

The beats on The Stoned Immaculate are amazing, I gotta say I'm enjoying it more than Live from the Underground.

Gaf-Hop I need your help. Could someone find me a sound clip of "2 ccchhhhaaiiinnnzz"? I want to make it a ringtone for a friend of mine. Thanks.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Good evening denizens of Gaf-HOP I come to you in the hope that you'll be able to assist me.

I suddenly remembered a song a bunch of gaffers put together but for the life of me can't find it.

From what I remember of it had just one gaffer rapping, he had a really deep voice and in the chorus he kept saying "Don't assume" a few times.

If any of you know what I'm talking about and have a link I will forever be indebted to you. :)

LFTU > all your bullshit albums. I love it when everyone else is so wrong and I'm so right. You peter pan ass donut sprinkles motherfuckers.

I wanted to like it so much, but I can't call it more than "solid" right now. Underwhelming to say the least. The funny thing is that I was actually growing tired of Curren$y after Covert Coup, but The Stoned Immaculate is so smooov and the production is really good.

LFTU is still top 10 this year, but I have a feeling that's more due to the fact that I haven't listened to enough. I can see this and 4evaNaDay being bumped off eventually.

mooooose

Yo I remember somebody in here saying they had some crazy story about Mya and why she got blackballed. I was wondering if anyone could PM it to me? I was just watching Fuse TV and saw her on there and it reminded me and peaked my curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom