• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Oh no. Another Nas Cycle Begins.

Lil Wayne pulled Niki and the rest of the crew out of the show so they got a replacement.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

yall hating on this too much. better than that kardshian shit.
izm1EJz5NdYVx.gif

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
French Montana is so corny

I think he brought out Mase but I can't tell. Everyone's rapping over vocals, what the fuck. Even Tyga didn't do that...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Big Sean doing A$$ by himself has to be the biggest pause moment of the year. wow
why? NICKI verison is the remix
Maybe the feed on the stream didn't seem like the fans were getting hype because I hardly heard any crowd noise. Ross should of came out before Jeezy. What you think about the Flex mix?

well the Japanese twitter was going nuts for Jeezy

flex was aiight

I'm too old to play the "what's hip hop and what isn't hip hop" gam. Nicki's album has a bunch of pop on it, no question. She is a hip hop urban artist but dabbles in different shit...and fails for the most part.

I have full respect for Rosenberg but fuck Flex. Nicki will be on his show next year with a new album and he'll act like nothing happened

How fitting is it that New York would throw a subpar cononcert full of performances straight out the 90s. Shows have evolved way too much for people to rap over vocals in 2012

RJT

Totally forgot Ace did a Death Row mix. Listening to it for the first time, and I think I have a new favorite mix. It's incredible how many classics those guys made...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Maybe the feed on the stream didn't seem like the fans were getting hype because I hardly heard any crowd noise. Ross should of came out before Jeezy. What you think about the Flex mix?

The crowd wasn't mic'd at all. From what I have heard from people who were there, Jeezy killed the entire arena. People were saying Jeezy should have been the headliner.

I'm too old to play the "what's hip hop and what isn't hip hop" gam. Nicki's album has a bunch of pop on it, no question. She is a hip hop urban artist but dabbles in different shit...and fails for the most part.

I have full respect for Rosenberg but fuck Flex. Nicki will be on his show next year with a new album and he'll act like nothing happened

How fitting is it that New York would throw a subpar cononcert full of performances straight out the 90s. Shows have evolved way too much for people to rap over vocals in 2012

I generally agree with everything you said, but Wayne (Birdman) pulling everyone out was a bit much. Hell, the only reason they were doing it was to help Nicki sell some CDs.

Also, I was hating people rapping over vocals until Big Sean started. His weak voice barely went over the vocals on the record, but that was the least of the problems with his set. I think that mixing the vocals on a record at a lower volume for the concerts would work if people can't let it go. The MMG shit with 75 people on the stage at the end was stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom