• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing Flex speak is more annoying than Nicki. Nicki's making points, Flex sounds like he just wants to stir up more shit.

Real talk Flex is top 5 unlikeable people in all of hip hop.

yeah, the dude is corny and annoying as fuck. Nas put him in his place a decade ago.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Having an argument with Flex would be the worst experience of life. Just shut up for a second. Every mannerism in his talk is frustrating.

EDIT: Why the fuck does Nicki keep making this an issue of gender?

I shouldn't have listened to this in the first place. I feel like I killed off far too many brain cells in the past half hour.

CRS

Fuck yes that Clams instrumental tape. Wanted a tagless version of Wassup ever since the BBC Radio 1 mix, which is still dope as fuck.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
EDIT: Why the fuck does Nicki keep making this an issue of gender?

because dude basically said maybe some chicks want to listen to this chick crap but I listen to hiphop durp durp

I fuck with Peter Rosenberg, dude is probably my favorite hip hop personality on the radio alongside Combat Jack and Dallas Penn. But I'm too old to pull the "real hip hop" card, b. Seriously, that shit is played out. I remember saying that shit in high school and loving the leers I'd get, while secretly hoping a Nubian queen with locks would appear out of nowhere and say "you're right, 50 Cent is wack. Let's go listen to Talib Kweli while I suck your dick."

Now I'm an old ass 25 year old black man. Hip hop has always had semblances of pop, let's not get it twisted. There is no such thing as real hip hop or fake hip hop, it's all about demographics and what you like. I don't expect a 13 year old girl to like Mobb Deep anymore than I'd expect a rugged dude to be bumping Starships. If a girl listens to Nicki and then decides to look for some harder shit, more power to her.

I think Super Bass is one of the best pop songs I've heard in years. It's pop rap, it's hip hop/rap...but it's also a pop record. I'm cool with that shit. I'm not going to bump it in the whip, but I know a lot of the lyrics thanks to my little cousins and I think it's dope. Sue me. My taste in hip hop can't be questioned, so it's all good.

Esch

Banned
I remember saying that shit in high school and loving the leers I'd get, while secretly hoping a Nubian queen with locks would appear out of nowhere and say "you're right, 50 Cent is wack. Let's go listen to Talib Kweli while I suck your dick.".

I remember when yela said the same thing and dudes got all salty. truth tho

also Ubisoft won e3

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I remember saying that shit in high school and loving the leers I'd get, while secretly hoping a Nubian queen with locks would appear out of nowhere and say "you're right, 50 Cent is wack. Let's go listen to Talib Kweli while I suck your dick."

Hilarious, but accurate and true. People kill me with the elitism and faux knowledge.

Blackace

I fuck with Peter Rosenberg, dude is probably my favorite hip hop personality on the radio alongside Combat Jack and Dallas Penn. But I'm too old to pull the "real hip hop" card, b. Seriously, that shit is played out. I remember saying that shit in high school and loving the leers I'd get, while secretly hoping a Nubian queen with locks would appear out of nowhere and say "you're right, 50 Cent is wack. Let's go listen to Talib Kweli while I suck your dick."

Now I'm an old ass 25 year old black man. Hip hop has always had semblances of pop, let's not get it twisted. There is no such thing as real hip hop or fake hip hop, it's all about demographics and what you like. I don't expect a 13 year old girl to like Mobb Deep anymore than I'd expect a rugged dude to be bumping Starships. If a girl listens to Nicki and then decides to look for some harder shit, more power to her.

I think Super Bass is one of the best pop songs I've heard in years. It's pop rap, it's hip hop/rap...but it's also a pop record. I'm cool with that shit. I'm not going to bump it in the whip, but I know a lot of the lyrics thanks to my little cousins and I think it's dope. Sue me. My taste in hip hop can't be questioned, so it's all good.

when I was a youngster it had to be gangsta/grimey or I wouldnt mess wit it

but the truth is the industry needs crossover hits to truly grow

super bass is one of the best crossover hits I have heard since hey ya

it is closer to hiphop than pop but is pop

so basically fuck his salty ass

he doesnt have problems taking money made off the non true hiphop

while I think weezy handled it weakly

the whole taking my ball and going home thing is far from gangsta

Blackace

I don't get it.. I think it's ok. Not AoTY or anything.. but solid. I think hearing some of the songs early lowered the impact of the album..

Macca

I don't get it.. I think it's ok. Not AoTY or anything.. but solid. I think hearing some of the songs early lowered the impact of the album..
So do I. Especially Money On The Floor. The album really needed stand out features, and that track has the best. But it came out like 8 months ago.

I love the album personally. Do I think it's a classic or anything? Naw... but it'll still get a ton of play from me.

And to people (PD mainly) saying he'll bomb and everything, I really can't imagine Def Jam having a huge investment in him. Surely they saw the numbers his tapes put up, Youtube views and shit. It's not like they were paying big name outside producers or anything, it was all handled by KRIT.

hearing some of the songs early definitely didn't bother the impact of the album for me. I only heard like 3 songs out of the album before listening to the full thing that's pretty much typical. It's more like hearing his last 3 mixtapes lowered the impact of his album personally. Beat wise, it's just so underwhelming seriously coming off of his last two mixtapes.

Macca is right tho, krit handled everything from production himself entirely so I doubt they put a lot of money into something like this. I'd imagine it'd sell well enough for them to decide to let him make another album or at least I'd hope so.

Blackace

hearing some of the songs early definitely didn't bother the impact of the album for me. I only heard like 3 songs out of the album before listening to the full thing that's pretty much typical. It's more like hearing his last 3 mixtapes lowered the impact of his album personally. Beat wise, it's just so underwhelming seriously coming off of his last two mixtapes.

Macca is right tho, krit handled everything from production himself entirely so I doubt they put a lot of money into something like this. I'd imagine it'd sell well enough for them to decide to let him make another album or at least I'd hope so.

I don't know money on the floor is about 6 to 7 months old...

I don't know money on the floor is about 6 to 7 months old...

Okay, I can see that. i think that song maybe made my expectations too high as well. I honestly didn't think it would be on the album since the single came out so much earlier. I still think it's overall a solid project, not bad despite it possibly seems like I think it's bad.

Grzi

People just expected too much, the Illmatic of southern hip hop or something.

It's a pretty good album but nothing special, a 7/10 probably.

Money on the Floor is definitely the best track, he shouldn't have released it so early, I'm all burnt out on it now.

Who really thought it'd be the illmatic of the south? We already got that album. 16 years ago.

I'd imagine that people just wanted an album on par with his mixtapes.I don't think that's setting expectations too high..

Macca

Just noticed KRIT is on the front page of iTunes as Editors pick. Nice. And the album is sitting at 7 on the itunes charts at the moment, I'll be picking it up soon!

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
KRIT got a 4.5 on HHDX. Thats a shame because the album does not deserve that. Its a 3.5. They gave Stoned Immaculate a 4 and that is an all around better package IMO.

I love KRIT but lets be honest here. Its's not a 4.5 .

HiResDes

praise.gif

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
hip hop gaf and I are growing apart, we just don't see eye to eye anymore, our love affair is dying, soon we'll be throwing dishes at each other and fucking other people until one of us stabs the other in the middle of the night. Krit album is great, currensy's album is full of great production but is ruined by currensy still being a boring ass below average rapper, ya'll are tolerating nicki minaaj's vile poisonous fuckass? the fuck, I'm all for pop rap, I'm the dude who pushes blackace to make poppy mixes more than anyone else afterall, but nicki is a fucking cancer and should be eradicated.

Oh and flex might be an obnoxious fuck, but he'll always get a tiny bit of respect from me for being one of the first big DJ's to come out early and say "fuck R Kelly, I don't play music from pedophiles".

Tokubetsu

hip hop gaf and I are growing apart, we just don't see eye to eye anymore, our love affair is dying, soon we'll be throwing dishes at each other and fucking other people until one of us stabs the other in the middle of the night. Krit album is great, currensy's album is full of great production but is ruined by currensy still being a boring ass below average rapper, ya'll are tolerating nicki minaaj's vile poisonous fuckass? the fuck, I'm all for pop rap, I'm the dude who pushes blackace to make poppy mixes more than anyone else afterall, but nicki is a fucking cancer and should be eradicated.

Oh and flex might be an obnoxious fuck, but he'll always get a tiny bit of respect from me for being one of the first big DJ's to come out early and say "fuck R Kelly, I don't play music from pedophiles".

If you really love em, you can let them go.

Novid

Banned

My issue with nicki-chan is that she says shes influnced by the legends, then does videos that are no where close - then when her cd doesnt do well complains nobody understands her. I cant really stand her not because of her other talents, but she doesnt even want to mention where her other infuences are and then lies about it, and then says "because im a woman, this, this and this is hurting my chances" that shit is bullshit.

I know where Krit came from, Danny Brown, Hopsin etc. I cant for the life of me PIN down who Nicki Minaj is and what she wants to be unless i understand her gimmick from a j-pop/rap perspective then i know what she is. The problem is she doesnt know how to sell it.

Bishman

LFTU is a good album but he spoiled us with his 3 previous mixtapes. :(

Def Jam should have payed for some samples. KRIT doesn't have any song on the album as good as Hometown Hero from KRIT WUZ HERE.

Jay Sosa

Major debut by a beloved underground artist is not getting much love on Hip Hop GAF? I'm shocked, SHOCKED.

Haven't heard it yet (like I said, not gonna pay 22€ for a freaking album) but I really hope you guys are 'wrong' (meaning I'll like it)

Esch

Banned
Major debut by a beloved underground artist is not getting much love on Hip Hop GAF? I'm shocked, SHOCKED.

Haven't heard it yet (like I said, not gonna pay 22€ for a freaking album) but I really hope you guys are 'wrong' (meaning I'll like it)

it has nothing to do with a major label at all, it has to do with the album treading water musically.

smh

smh again especially when people are praising Curren$y's big major label project all over the thread

Jay Sosa

it has nothing to do with a major label at all, it has to do with the album treading water musically.

smh

smh again especially when people are praising Curren$y's big major label project all over the thread

I was half kidding :D

Btw: Just ordered Currensy, Krit and the new Mayer via amazon.com, cost me a third of what I would have to pay here..

Even it's not as good as expected I owe him that much.

LFTU is a good album but he spoiled us with his 3 previous mixtapes. :(

Def Jam should have payed for some samples. KRIT doesn't have any song on the album as good as Hometown Hero from KRIT WUZ HERE.

Pretty much. KRIT was carried by a lot of dope ass samples, some where he carried the melodies into his hooks. None of that is present on the album, and we just get repetitive choruses, sub par guests, and good but not great production.

Oh well. Kendrick will save us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom