• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
this is gonna be some 808s and heartbreak embarassing shit

nas-and-kelis-2.jpg

5I5s8.png
fantasia2.png
why.png
snoop.png

pachah1.png

Tokubetsu

Yeah, it's better knowing the backstory. I wouldn't want Nas going full emo like Kanye or anything, but him getting a bit more personal is a good thing.

Esch

Banned
apparently that was the only thing kelis left in the house.. i think its supposed to come off as some sort of ironic symbolism with the title, but it really does kinda look and feel like an L

Detox

It's really weird but then again the title is supposed to be about how despite all the troubles life can bring your way you just keep your head up and maintain life is good.

Anyone else coppin those Yeezy 2s Saturday? I think I love em.... Don't need em either. Just got a brand new pair of Jordan VIIIs for my summer mid top. But fuck, these are beastin.

aZHLt.jpg

something something jayz troll.

Nas trolls himself.

Those things will be gone within hours and honestly, arent they like $250? A bit pricey. If they were like $150 and I was guaranteed a pair on sat, i would probably do it.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Anyone else coppin those Yeezy 2s Saturday? I think I love em.... Don't need em either. Just got a brand new pair of Jordan VIIIs for my summer mid top. But fuck, these are beastin.

aZHLt.jpg

Nas trolls himself.

they come out the 9th right? I am getting the 12s wed or thur..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Aren't the Yeezy 2's gonna get crazy markups?

I'm not a sneaker head but man do they look good. I don't know if I can justify $250 on shoes though. Not ballin like that.

The crowd wasn't mic'd at all. From what I have heard from people who were there, Jeezy killed the entire arena. People were saying Jeezy should have been the headliner.

Ok thx for the clarification on the mic's. IMO Jeezy did kill and should of been the headliner like you said. But was more shock by the posts on the stream. That why for the lol comment. But then again people always joke post on streams...

One of my favorite Jeezy songs is Vacation. I know most would not bump that but after a long day at work I gotta bump that. Also I bump The Perceptionists- 5 o'clock

kamspy

Those things will be gone within hours and honestly, arent they like $250? A bit pricey. If they were like $150 and I was guaranteed a pair on sat, i would probably do it.

best bet is to just get there before the store opens. Jordan's are usually gone in the first hour, don't know what it will be like for these. The secret is to buy a pair for yourself, and a pair to scalp on ebay. Should cut that $250 in half at least.

10 tracks into LFTU and I nothing stands out. This...is beyond disappointing. I think he has literally depleted stuff to rap about. Looking back his mixtapes basically boiled down to a mixture of southern Cadillac culture with some College Dropout-esque self consciousness thrown in. How long can someone basically do that over and over again?

I think 4eva in a Day is amazing, and I liked Return Of the Forever. But nothing on this album (so far) stacks up to the best tracks on there, or Big Krit Wuz Here.

edit: Yea Dats Me is dope but it's pretty much the same KRIT banger. Repeat the chorus a billion times over an up tempo track

Esch

Banned
You can repeat material and still be dope, but not if you're an introspective rapper in your approach. I agree PD. I gotta say that LFTU really really lost its touch for me after a couple more listens. There are some standout tracks for sure, no question. I love Money on the Floor for example. But some of it is just ehhhh stuff, and I dont see any of it registering commercially even on the Country Sh*t scale let alone bigger than that.

The album is going to bomb so hard. I'm starting to believe that the mixtapes are so dope in part because there are no sample restrictions. So much of this album just sounds tame compared to the crazy shit KRIT to flipping on 4Eva, Return, etc.

Also, how long can someone rap about the same stuff over and over

-My car so pimp
-It's late, lemme fuck
-Fuck that other shit, we need to invest in our own businesses and...stuff

Esch

Banned
On the other hand i've been listening to The Stoned Immaculate a lot and I gotta say this shit is so dope. I love it. To think that this is spitta's 8th album, basically rapping about the same shit, and he still sounds so fresh. This album has variety. It's not a super coherent album like say Covert Coup or PT1 and 2 were, but it succeeds in having so many different looks production wise. It has bangers. It has sit down and smoke songs. The features are perfectly paced to keep it fresh. Funny thing is, I actually think some of the bonus tracks are stronger than the regular album songs, JLR and Audio Dope III being examples.

Miri said that spitta didnt hang on any of these songs rap wise, and I agree to an extent, but spittas not about that. It's about:

Show them better than I can tell em they gon' feel me
Niggas I came up with changing up say they gone kill me
If they ever catch me slipping
I dont give a fuck, sincerely
I know they just emotional, they love me, they fear me
They like my women, they see me steering, wish they was in it
Jealousy, just feeding em negative energy
I put my hands together praying for my friend-emies
Only let paper chasers dwell in this vicinity
Can't violate the JET code without penalty
Even family get let go "Fredo, you killing me"
I work hard, bloggers thinking that it's 10 of me
Dropping record after record like them bitches slippery
I like nice shit and I know how to get it
Hustle dumbass, it's not rocket science or Quantum Physics
Get on task fool, Trap til a trillion
Wrote these raps in New Orleans and performed them in New Zealand
Word to Pusha T and that's legal drug dealing
"My God", what a feeling
Italian engineering, Decepticon ceilings
Push button disappearing when the drizzle clearing
I'll probably be laid in the enclave, until then
Jet miss in the kitchen grilling up steaks
It'll smell like Ruth's Chris in a minute fool, you want a plate?
The hero unsung when I'm done they'll say I'm great

dooope

Blackace

best bet is to just get there before the store opens. Jordan's are usually gone in the first hour, don't know what it will be like for these. The secret is to buy a pair for yourself, and a pair to scalp on ebay. Should cut that $250 in half at least.

got a hook up on sneakers here in Japan.. shop sponsors us.. dudes shoe game is so serious

T Dollarz

I found some of the hooks on LFtU to be so overly repetitive they were literally cringe inducing. But yeah, there were a few dope tracks like Money on the Floor and Live From the Underground off the top of my head. Also liked Porchlight.

Keep in mind, this criticism is coming from me who LOVED his three mixtapes.

Blackace

People might get mad at me for this.. but KRIT reminds me of Game...

Esch

Banned
I found some of the hooks on LFtU to be so overly repetitive they were literally cringe inducing. But yeah, there were a few dope tracks like Money on the Floor and Live From the Underground off the top of my head. Also liked Porchlight.

Keep in mind, this criticism is coming from me who LOVED his three mixtapes.

I liked Praying Man. My Sub 2 was chill for the beat

as a collective project/debut tho its like B-/C+ material to be honest

T Dollarz

I liked Praying Man. My Sub 2 was chill for the beat

as a collective project/debut tho its like B-/C+ material to be honest

Yeah I feel you I'd give it a C range. Now like you said, Stoned Immaculate on the other hand is absolute dopeness. Been a few days, think I'll give it another spin!!

Blackace

lmao Flex throwing Rosenberg under the bus. Fuck this dude

As if Flex wasn't throwing shots yesterday too

really Fuck Rosenberg for taking shots when none needed to be taken.

He deserves to be thrown under the bus for causing unneeded trouble..

10 tracks into LFTU and I nothing stands out. This...is beyond disappointing. I think he has literally depleted stuff to rap about. Looking back his mixtapes basically boiled down to a mixture of southern Cadillac culture with some College Dropout-esque self consciousness thrown in. How long can someone basically do that over and over again?

I think 4eva in a Day is amazing, and I liked Return Of the Forever. But nothing on this album (so far) stacks up to the best tracks on there, or Big Krit Wuz Here.

edit: Yea Dats Me is dope but it's pretty much the same KRIT banger. Repeat the chorus a billion times over an up tempo track

The album is going to bomb so hard. I'm starting to believe that the mixtapes are so dope in part because there are no sample restrictions. So much of this album just sounds tame compared to the crazy shit KRIT to flipping on 4Eva, Return, etc.

Also, how long can someone rap about the same stuff over and over

-My car so pimp
-It's late, lemme fuck
-Fuck that other shit, we need to invest in our own businesses and...stuff
Glad you agree. I actually can't believe some people are calling it AOTY already tbh. I know opinions and all that, but fuck that.
Miri said that spitta didnt hang on any of these songs rap wise, and I agree to an extent, but spittas not about that. It's about:
Honestly, Chandler impressed me a lot subject wise, rap wise, every way really. It just feels like a fresh song from Curren$y. Maybe he had songs similar in his recent mixtapes that I didn't listen to much, but I really dig the song.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

aZHLt.jpg

Nas trolls himself.

I hate the body on that shoe.

The funny thing about this KRIT stuff is that just a few days ago we were talking about Pusha T and the whole one dimensional "coke rap" thing. KRIT clearly has more going for him that the regular punchline rapper but he's turning into a caricature. He's not a good or interesting enough rapper to tackle this stuff in a fresh way to at least make it feel new - ala a Ghost or Rae, who have been doing the same shit for decades but still keep it fresh.

I'm not done with the album, I'll listen to the rest after I play some D3. But I gotta wonder wtf happened here, how did this album get greenlit by Def Jam, and what happens after he bombs hard. Where does he go from here, basically.

Esch

Banned
Dont hate but id like KRIT more as a producer that contributes occasional verses at this point. No shame in that

unless i see a big change in his next product lyrically/thematically

i wish he had signed to a different label

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hearing Flex speak is more annoying than Nicki. Nicki's making points, Flex sounds like he just wants to stir up more shit.

Real talk Flex is top 5 unlikeable people in all of hip hop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom