• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

are you working on more songs?

Yeah. I got some free time. I don't put enough time into it. I could clean up the timing in that verse a lot if I actually did more than 2 takes. I'm being lazy right now but the motivation is coming to me. That's why I went ahead and cleaned up what little I had and even did a lil one take back track just to get something flowing.

The main theme of my music that I want to get across to the children is, and I do try to convey it once in every track: Good dome >>>> Pussy

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
I dunno whats inspiring E-40 to be able to drop these big gluts of music on us once a year at the moment but long may it continue...

E-40 ft. YG, Problem & Iamsu - Function

Also I said it before but I will say it again. That Lil Ugly Mane is the 90s Memphis aesthetic done right. If anyone has any interest in that type of stuff or have made the mistake of listening to and enjoying spaceghostpurrrp's work, they should definitely check out that Mista Thug Isolation.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I dunno whats inspiring E-40 to be able to drop these big gluts of music on us once a year at the moment but long may it continue...

E-40 ft. YG, Problem & Iamsu - Function

Also I said it before but I will say it again. That Lil Ugly Mane is the 90s Memphis aesthetic done right. If anyone has any interest in that type of stuff or have made the mistake of listening to and enjoying spaceghostpurrrp's work, they should definitely check out that Mista Thug Isolation.

Yeah that track is about a month old so far, but it's dope

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm a little disappointed with the KRIT tape.

Hm. So far, me too. He's playing too much with stuff outside of the music that is just...annoying. Congrats KRIT, you had sex with a woman. Thanks for throwing that on the track. Cause I want to listen to that for a minute.

Dork.

Hm. So far, me too. He's playing too much with stuff outside of the music that is just...annoying. Congrats KRIT, you had sex with a woman. Thanks for throwing that on the track. Cause I want to listen to that for a minute.

Dork.

...What are you even talking about? What exactly is your criticism here? That hes discussing relationships with women just like every other rapper ever?

Divius

Dutch-GAF-hoppers (if there are any?) > Watch The Throne is coming to The Netherlands.

June 15th Gelredome in Arnhem.

I would want to go this sooo bad, but Arnhem is pretty far away and I think the tickets will be crazy expensive.

Sorry to go against the grain but I'm disappointed in the KRIT tape.
It sort of runs out of steam at around the mid-point and the second half is just a trudge through average tracks, all of which are so similar sounding to each other that nothing stands out.
I got bored way before the end :(
First half is very strong though, would have made a good EP.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
...What are you even talking about? What exactly is your criticism here? That hes discussing relationships with women just like every other rapper ever?

Uh...no? Jumping to conclusions a little early in the morning, aren't we Capt Outrage?

I posted that listening to the one track where he throws the sound of some chick moanin for like, the last minute of the track. Just not a fan of that one song. That's all. Relax.

I get that, and I USE to be like that when I got into production, learning how to make beats and seeing how other cats made beats. And the process interested me more and more.

but nowadays, been doing it so long, its like I dont care what went into it as long as what comes out is dope. That's all that matters to me now.

Also, I look at it from a Emcee perspective now, as opposed to a producer's perspective. When I make a beat, or I hear a beat or hear a sample or anything, I always do it from the perspective of wanting to rhyme over it. So...I might hear a sample and think "yo i wanna sample that cause I'd love to spit over that." That's how I approach all beats now. I may flip it, i may not, I may just jack something, or I may really chop shit up and make something new, but in the end, it's something I wanna rhyme over and its from that perspective that I make something.

I respect that. Every producer is different

Yo Gotti

Banned
This is KRIT's best release IMO.

Consistent, mellow vibe throughout. No overly corny country anthem tracks. He's finally making his style work consistently from track to track. I still wish he'd get some new song concepts. I swear on at least 8 tracks on this album he's crushin hoes in the slab with the candy paint and the rims and subwoofer watchin out for jackas/haters/etc tryina preserve his soul. but whatever he's gettin there, the music is dope.

On another note, I can't believe I just downloaded a mixtape from a dude named Lil Ugly Mane. I'll give this a listen later.

Esch

Banned
krits goals for live from the underground should be:

features from other southern legends

12 tracks instead of his usual

epic shit

PBY

Banned
Chingy_Jackpot_Back-front-large.jpg

http://www.datpiff.com/Chingy-Jackpot-Back-mixtape.294165.html
Yes, I downloaded this.

Lhexh

Peter No. Just No!!!! Take your graduation bear off nao!!!

The Bay is the most underrated. Mac Dre & E-40 all day.

Lhexh

Haha I wanted to see what A. How terrible this would likely be, and B. exactly what the fuck chingy even has to rap about any more.

I would be more interested in hearing him talk about how he got a cameo in Scary movie 4 for an hour then listen to this. lol

Mr.Swag

Banned
Listening to 4evanaday for the first time. On track 6.
I fuck with it.
I fuck wit it pretty good actually.
To those that are disappointed, is it on repeat listens?

not sure if it was posted already but nas is supposed to perform illmatic in its entirity during SXSW. i think you gotta pay to see it streaming on vevo though, which is lame

English isn't my first language and somehow it must have escaped me with all the people calling Em one. *shrug*

ah fair enough. yeah, i first heard it in elementary school when people were talking about eminem and to dismiss all the white kids that listened to rap in my school. i didnt even know what the N word meant since i was still in FOB mode at that time haha.

Esch

Banned
Listening to Ka-Grief Pedigree because Phoenix mentioned it again... I regret not having copped it earlier. Awesome album. Better than new Krit for sure.

hubes

just bought tix to j.cole/big krit concert. when cudi came here the tickets sold out within a few hours, cole's going on day two and there's people writing all over the sidewalks advertising to buy tickets.. still on the sideline..

just bought tix to j.cole/big krit concert. when cudi came here the tickets sold out within a few hours, cole's going on day two and there's people writing all over the sidewalks advertising to buy tickets.. still on the sideline..

Yeah guess that's why Cole kills him in album sales and singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom