• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

Thursday had its title track, which is the best song he's done. 100% truth.

----

This tape by lil ugly mane is pretty good. I wasn't expecting much from a tape titled MISTA THUG ISOLATION, but the stuff goes. Beat selection's on point.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Covert Coup was an EP that was supposed to get a retail release but the sample didn't clear or someshit.
But fine.

The Weeknd sucks. Its just 90s R&B with whatever you call Drake songs.
i am fine with that =/
I'm not counting mixtapes. Mixtapes are for artists to fuck around and/or promote upcoming albums.
Or gain a buzz then sell out once they're signed.
this gives me an idea.

who is/was the fastest sellout artist once they were signed ( only artist signed after/during 2000's)?

Esch

Banned
thursday had his most memorable songs (zone, gone) and his most forgettable ones (forgot the names of those)

Ya regardless of what Complex Pony whinnies about i'm just saying that it wasnt as good as the others, lots of forgettable moany shit with some great stuff. I loved Lonely Star for example

3 straight albums that are great from one artist.

Collabos included?

DOOM: Vaudeville Villain, Madvillainy, The Mouse and the Mask

Common: Resurrection, Some Day It'll All Make Sense, Like Water for Chocolate

Mos coulda done it but New Danger exists so...

But maybe I'm alone on this.

Ya regardless of what Complex Pony whinnies about i'm just saying that it wasnt as good as the others, lots of forgettable moany shit with some great stuff. I loved Lonely Star for example

oh yeah i agree

i actually didnt like lonely star..that part with the girl talking in the middle really fucks it up for me

edit: lol "whinnies"

Cynosure

Kanye is the only male hip hop artist (Jayz too because of watch the throne) in my playlist, what does that say about him?

one of the best artists of all time

tumblr_lo5f665RZB1qda5n3.gif

I've been listienng to Lost In This World a lot lately

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Kanye is the only male hip hop artist (Jayz too because of watch the throne) in my playlist, what does that say about him?
What does that say about you?
Collabos included?

DOOM: Vaudeville Villain, Madvillainy, The Mouse and the Mask

Common: Resurrection, Some Day It'll All Make Sense, Like Water for Chocolate

Mos coulda done it but New Danger exists so...

But maybe I'm alone on this.

LWFC broke was the combo breaker.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I can get behind the concept of Kanye being a rapist. He certainly has raped hip hop and left it a broken shell.

kamspy

3 is easy

Outkast: 1-3
Tribe:- 1-3
UGK: 1-3
8Ball & MJG: 1-3

I'd argue that Jeezy just hit the quad, but I really don't want to read any wack shit right now.

PBY

Banned

one of the best artists of all time

tumblr_lo5f665RZB1qda5n3.gif

I've been listienng to Lost In This World a lot lately

GOAT. How would you rank his albums?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
3 is easy

Outkast: 1-3
Tribe:- 1-3
UGK: 1-3
8Ball & MJG: 1-3

I'd argue that Jeezy just hit the quad, but I really don't want to read any wack shit right now.

For me Outkast only has 2 great albums..

Tribe only has 2 as well...

UGK, while I love them, only has 1 that I feel is great

8-Ball and MJG have 2 as well

Jeezy was someone I was going to say.. While I think TM101 was a good start I don't think it is great but I do think TM102, TR, TM103 are..

siddx

LWFC was fantastic. Resurrection, One day, and LWFC are common's 1-2-3
Cube has the 4
De La Soul had 5 great albums in a row
Tribe had the 3
Cypress had 4 in a row, with 3 of them being classics

oh and pac had 3, with me against the world through 7 day theory, and you could argue that strictly belongs there as well.

Blackace

LWFC was fantastic. Resurrection, One day, and LWFC are common's 1-2-3
Cube has the 4
De La Soul had 5 great albums in a row
Tribe had the 3
Cypress had 4 in a row, with 3 of them being classics

Cypress? sigh... I can co-sign 2..

If we including groups

NWA with their 3 albums

Also DMX had 3 great albums in a row.

Recon

Banned
Kanye is on a 5 peat.

Graduation may have screwed that up ohgodwhathaveistarted

Graduation was still a better album than MybeautifulDarkstupidindulgence. If he would of taken off Barry Bond/Drunk and Hot Girls, added Bittersweet Poetry, it would of been a great album.

IrishNinja

+1 to cube, gotta think about Ye. he's got some classics though.
escha's big/pac fanfic fucked me up too, haha

never get you putting aquemini so far down, but...tribe? cmon ace! People's Instinctive hasn't aged like the other 2 but it's still a great album man.

Blackace

Kanye is on a 5 peat.

Graduation may have screwed that up ohgodwhathaveistarted

He must have made some other studio albums besides 808 and MTDUYFJGJSAUAHFHFHFDHSFDUJFDKHSK

tmdorsey

UGK, while I love them, only has 1 that I feel is great

8-Ball and MJG have 2 as well

Jeezy was someone I was going to say.. While I think TM101 was a good start I don't think it is great but I do think TM102, TR, TM103 are..

Agree with you on all except Kast. Southernplayalistic, Atliens, and Aquemini. Nuff said.

I can only give Cube 3 at best. I don't call Lethal Injection great by any means.

Blackace

never get you putting aquemini so far down, but...tribe? cmon ace! People's Instinctive hasn't aged like the other 2 but it's still a great album man.

I didn't say it wasn't a GOOD album.. but man it aged SO badly..

Blackace

Agree with you on all except Kast. Southernplayalistic, Atliens, and Aquemini. Nuff said.

I can only give Cube 3 at best. I don't call Lethal Injection great by any means.

Aquemini has too many bad tracks to be great.. while the few tracks I like on it are OMG OUTKAST quality the rest are meh to wtf is this shit..

NUFF SAID

(who says that?)

IMO Cube didn't release a bad album until Peace..

and Letal Injection might be the shakiest of the batch

siddx

I'll also give Xzibit the 1-2 with Speed of Life and 40 dayz. Two fantastic and criminally overlooked albums. I might even give him Restless for the 3. It's been a while since I listened to it but I remember really loving it.

Didn't like Aquemini at all. Prefer Stankonia.

Recon

Banned
I'll also give Xzibit the 1-2 with Speed of Life and 40 dayz. Two fantastic and criminally overlooked albums. I might even give him Restless for the 3. It's been a while since I listened to it but I remember really loving it.

Restless was the shit. I admit that at the time, anybody remotely associated with Aftermath/Shady was getting play from me. But Restless was still a fantastic album.

Blackace

Stankonia was also ok....

Restless is my favorite album by X to the Z.. I am sure I am in a minority about this but Weapons of mass destruction is my 2nd favorite..

Restless was the shit. I admit that at the time, anybody remotely associated with Aftermath/Shady was getting play from me. But Restless was still a fantastic album.

Restless cranked..

Recon

Banned
Stankonia was also ok....

Restless is my favorite album by X to the Z.. I am sure I am in a minority about this but Weapons of mass destruction is my 2nd favorite..

Restless cranked..

Yup. I remember playing that shit in my discman nonstop. My shitty little headphones blaring.

kamspy

TM101 was the least polished but easily the most energetic and raw. What's wrong with you Ace? If Jeezy doesn't start the show Friday with track 1 off TM101 I'm throwing a bottle, actually.

Blackace

TM101 was the least polished but easily the most energetic and raw. What's wrong with you Ace? If Jeezy doesn't start the show Friday with track 1 off TM101 I'm throwing a bottle, actually.

Sorry but dude wasn't sure what he wanted to be yet.. when he made TR he knew who he was as an artist that's why it is so good... TM103 is the same way.

Again, why does me not saying the shit is GREAT make something wrong with me? I didn't say it was trash..I like to save the great label for things I think are great and not just good..

kamspy

So which Ice Cube album should I start with? His first?

I would start with Predator or Lethal Injection, just because the older styling of the other 2 might throw you off.

Start with Predator, move backward, than forward. Predator and LI are the most accessible today to new listeners probably.

I ain't trying to say that Jeezy changed the game in a way. But man Jeezy changed the game for better or worse I believe or maybe my memory is bad. Were adlibs even THAT big till Jeezy came into the game?

siddx

I suggest DC onwards... Amerikkka's most wanted aged rather poorly as well...

Yeah as much as I loved that album, it didn't age well at all. DC on the other hand I still listen to front to back all the time.

Put restless on after years, forgot how much I loved Alkaholic, that was my shit senior year of high school.

Blackace

I would start with Predator or Lethal Injection, just because the older styling of the other 2 might throw you off.

Start with Predator, move backward, than forward. Predator and LI are the most accessible today to new listeners probably.

DC didn't age that well as well... but somethings like My Summer Vaction, Steady Mobbin' are timeless...

kamspy

I ain't trying to say that Jeezy changed the game in a way. But man Jeezy changed the game for better or worse I believe or maybe my memory is bad. Were adlibs even THAT big till Jeezy came into the game?

Jeezy changed the fuck out of the game. How many rappers are just pure Jeezy clones?

Jeezy is contemporary legend imo. When TM101 hit, it hit so fucking hard. It was the only thing out there. Like 12 months of Ninjas in Paris hype.

Blackace

Yeah as much as I loved that album, it didn't age well at all. DC on the other hand I still listen to front to back all the time.

Yeah I can still fuck with DC but a lot of topics like Black Korea and other things are so dated and just plain wrong.. lol

kamspy

Cuz man. You're supposed to know things like TM101 is a timeless classic. As GAF HOP mod is like required knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom