• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Shinobi was saying that he's trying to make a rap scene in China I believe.
Yeah there was some video where he moved out there and was trying to help breed a scene there.

He isn't the same dude he used to be though. Watched some of his BET stuff a while back and it really doesn't hold up the way I remembered it.

Yeah there was some video where he moved out there and was trying to help breed a scene there.

He isn't the same dude he used to be though. Watched some of his BET stuff a while back and it really doesn't hold up the way I remembered it.
Yeah, I did the same and I agree. Actually what made me watch them was when Esch was talking about stop saying chinky eyes shit and Jin would always say that watch his opponents will bring up his race and joke about it lol.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
0YZha.gif

Man fuck these playoffs
lebron-dancing-2-o.gif

HiResDes

I dunno why, just can't support the heat. Think all their players are fucking class though.

I used to like Wade, not so much though...I'm over sports in general though. I participate in enough fruitful hobbies, and sports spectating is at the very bottom of my list.

Esch

Banned
I dunno why, just can't support the heat. Think all their players are fucking class though.
supporting the heat is like cheering on a big douchebag bully in a street fight. it looks wrong, sounds wrong, and should feel wrong.

unless you're from miami, then i suppose its understandable.

HiResDes

Danamic/Rite of Passage - So hype make a dude wanna do knuckle pushups through fucking bricks and shit.
Haleek Maul/Oxyconteen - Dark and sinister, this youngin has a future ahead of him, especially if can keep landing such incredible production
Crooked I/Psalm 82v6 - Surprisingly well-varied and non-mixtape sounding, great
Zeroh/Tape - Uhh too weird even for me, excessively pseudo-intellectual
Chevy Woods/Gangland - Great features, great beats, boring ass rapper
Stevie Crooks/Cashmere Killer - Reminds me of Jay-Z's Vol.1, nuff said right
Oddisee/People Hear What They See - Oddisee is catching up to his production, scary good, with some imaginative choices
Oh No/Ohnomite - Dope in places, messy and off in others
Joey Bada$$/1999 - Fantastic rapper technically speaking, but makes boring and derivative choices
Large Professor/Large Professor - Golden era retro feel, but with an invigorating energy that makes it work
Curren$y/Stoned Immaculate - Incredibly smooth if but a little more one-note than I would have liked for a major label debut.
T R E E/Sunday School Deluxe - Great beats, good southern rapper, with a southern hybrid style combining trap music and soul that really adds a bit of depth...I see potential
TreaZon/Zero Love - Love TreaZon but some of this production just doesn't fit the guy at all, and his flow though good needs more variation.
Perry Porter/PM - A really fun, laid back, easily digestible release.

iavi

Yeah, the new Zero tape was the oddest shit. I couldn't enjoy it at all, and that was such a disappointment, as much as I loved Awful Alliterations.

T R E E had a some decent beats, but the actual MC'ing was of the lowest tiers of bandcamp rap. Couldn't dig.

---

[Click Covers]

Speaking of that Bandidty Bandcamp rap, here's some of the best of it -

Chill Bump - Hidden Strings

*If you fucks slept on the previous Chill Bump tape I dropped in this pit, which all of y'all probably did, don't on this one - in which the producer, Bankal, pulls back on the electronic dubawubwub a tad, tiny bit, and instead focuses on classic french film~ish vox/string samples. Shit does go, and the MC on here is as nuts, and on point as he was on the previous tape, "Back to the Grain."

My personal fav: Mele "Melancholy"

HiResDes

I thought the last was decent, but I really only played one song over and over again lol...I will check this out tho fasho. Also am going to dig into Shinobi's shit.

Miri check out dat Oxyconteen.

iavi

Miri check out dat Oxyconteen.

Yo, the production on this tape is some of the strongest shit. It's all nuts, but "Prince Midas" is an absolute bonkers - probably the most creative bit of production I've heard in a good sec, and I mean a really good sec.

All said, MC wise, Maul hangs too. Lyrically, I'm not feeling the blatant, blunt, very seemingly self-aware heavy-handed melodrama - I feel like production that slick deserves a strong, serious lyricism to match - but his delivery feels so very uniform with that production, regardless.

Good looks on this one, for sure.

HiResDes

Just listened to the Chill Bump, somehow I definitely like the rapping a bit more on this latest tape. I think scaling back the busyness of the production really helps either that or maybe the delivery seems to be a bit stronger. Just copped it, though I'm broke so I only gave three bucks.

Fjordson

This Joey Bada$$ tape is pretty nice. Everyone in this Pro Era group seems to be pretty dope. Wtf @ these names, though...

"Joey Bada$$, CapitalSTEEZ, CJ Fly, Dyemond Lewis, Kirk Knight, Dessy, T’nah, Bruce Leekix, Han$ $olo and A La $ole" :lol

Also, random question, but what is the best Rick Ross album to date? I haven't listened to him since like Trilla because I thought he was pretty garbage, but my brother is insisting that he's worth checking out these days in an over-the-top luxury raps kinda way.

What is Jin up to these days?
Homeboy is doing very well in Hong Kong. And is guiding fellow up and coming rappers in Hong Kong. The scene is very small over there compared to Japan. I'm trying to be out there by next year and be part of the scene and help it grow. Got a couple of peeps out there, so lets see what happens in the land of Canto-Pop.....

It's great listening to it and Destiny Altered, followed by Co$$'s Instrument of Emotion. They all go great together, in a heaven versus hell fashion.

totally slept on denino. ive heard "reasons" before but i didnt know that was him. good shit :O

i really like this sound. trillwave i guess?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Crooked i mixtape is really fucking good.
Tell em fuck you pay me, bitch my dick is better than your pussy

IrishNinja

supporting the heat is like cheering on a big douchebag bully in a street fight. it looks wrong, sounds wrong, and should feel wrong.

unless you're from miami, then i suppose its understandable.

yayyyyy
haha i dont give two tugs of a dead dog's cock but everybody else here is happy so here's to free drinks and shit

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Flocka selling less than KRIT is nice. KRIT deserved so much more love...

I wonder what it will end up after single sales..

I can't see Rooster in My Rari, Round of Applause, and I Don't Care single sales not having an impact on his final numbers..

I wonder what it will end up after single sales..

I can't see Rooster in My Rari, Round of Applause, and I Don't Care single sales not having an impact on his final numbers..

I can see it doing about 120k if those singles catch on and do big numbers. But, Flocka's demo doesn't buy much music.

According to wiki, flockaveli sold close to 300k, but flockaveli had better singles and was much more well received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom