• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Someone shoulda warned Clayton to stay out of any thread talking about that F word. Didn't anyone tell him you are allowed to be an obnoxious raging fanboy asshole on gaf, but godforbid you admit to using "that" word. That makes you a terrible human being.
to be fair the guys posting etiquette is pretty terrible. he's not here to make friends for sure. second he came at devolution trying to marginalize her from the outset. not only is this an incredibly reliable way to get banned in any other topic, he also did it while saying what he did about that particular word. he deserved it 100%. I don't like devolution much as I believe her posting style often baits bannable responses but can't help but cheer for her on that one

Bishman

Why should Clams being godlike even enter into the discussion? People that bring up beat selection as a deciding factor baffle me still. I don't want to get into it again, because no one really has even attempted to rebuke any of my claims, but when you compare the two without any intangibles or external factors Q eats Rocky's lunch completely. It's like comparing a Siberian husky to a wolf.

Perfect. Smarten up guys. Q > ASAP Rocky

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
to be fair the guys posting etiquette is pretty terrible. he's not here to make friends for sure. second he came at devolution trying to marginalize her from the outset. not only is this an incredibly reliable way to get banned in any other topic, he also did it while saying what he did about that particular word. he deserved it 100%. I don't like devolution much as I believe her posting style often baits bannable responses but can't help but cheer for her on that one

It was an idiotic post for sure. He could have said the same thing without sounding like a 12 year old jackass. But I was speaking more in general that threads about that word never really become discussions, they become ban bait threads were even the hint that you use the word in any capacity brings down the fires of gafhell upon you.

Esch

Banned
It was an idiotic post for sure. He could have said the same thing without sounding like a 12 year old jackass. But I was speaking more in general that threads about that word never really become discussions, they become ban bait threads were even the hint that you use the word in any capacity brings down the fires of gafhell upon you.
exactly which is why you might as well just ignore that shit. there is no discussion or room for error, use a slur and you are an unredeemable asshole and a bigot, even if you're trying to be facetious or you're genuinely sorry.

that being said the general outcome of the thread is that you shouldn't use them in general, which tends to be pretty ideal

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I expect more bannings from that thread. Remember the Kobe thread. People never learn.

Don't defend the use of slurs first of all.

Devolution is also in their laying down the law. Don't get tricked.

Esch

Banned
I just find it oddly strange that people exhibit complete outrage at a bunch of guys from mostly uneducated backgrounds that probably use the word faggot in its non British gendered offensive form every single day. the internet changes everything

I just find it oddly strange that people exhibit complete outrage at a bunch of guys from mostly uneducated backgrounds that probably use the word faggot in its non British gendered offensive form every single day. the internet changes everything

You find it odd that people are offend by offensive things said by ignorant people?

That's not the internet man, that's life.

siddx

Speaking of slurs, apparently a popular one around here is "nig-nog". I didn't even know how to react to that one. I feel like I should be offended but it sounds so ridiculous. Like something you'd get at a bakery with cream cheese in the middle

Esch

Banned
Speaking of slurs, apparently a popular one around here is "nig-nog". I didn't even know how to react to that one. I feel like I should be offended but it sounds so ridiculous. Like something you'd get a bakery with cream cheese in the middle
pretty popular here in Tennessee. Its mostly used by college aged white kids. personally I can't even ttake it seriously because it reminds me of egg nog.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Speaking of slurs, apparently a popular one around here is "nig-nog". I didn't even know how to react to that one. I feel like I should be offended but it sounds so ridiculous. Like something you'd get at a bakery with cream cheese in the middle

Player 1: Alex I'll take Christmas for 1000
Alex : *reading answer" Something black people drink for christmas
Player 1: What is nig-nog?
Alex: That is correct.

pretty popular here in Tennessee. Its mostly used by college aged white kids. personally I can't even ttake it seriously because it reminds me of egg nog.

Had to look that one up... Urban Dictionary has some ..um..interesting entries for it:

What black people drink at christmas, instead of egg nog

"nig nog is a seasonal beverage that consists of 2 parts egg nog, and 3 parts schlitz malt liquor."

"A mixture of watermelon juice and milk, enjoyed by blacks during Christmas. Similar to egg nog."

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not feeling that new Lupe, that song doesn't know what it wants to be.

Also, been listening to Control System lately. Some good songs on there, but I can't shake that it's pretty much Lasers with better beats, that tinfoil hat rap. Terrorist Threats is definitely the best cut on there too.

Tokubetsu

Also, been listening to Control System lately. Some good songs on there, but I can't shake that it's pretty much Lasers with better beats, that tinfoil hat rap. Terrorist Threats is definitely the best cut on there too.

I used to love you like a brother Enzo...now..We are enemies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

iubvq2DdqArzG.gif

That new lupe is whatever... I still can't forgive him.

IrishNinja

Someone shoulda warned Clayton to stay out of any thread talking about that F word. Didn't anyone tell him you are allowed to be an obnoxious raging fanboy asshole on gaf, but godforbid you admit to using "that" word. That makes you a terrible human being.

for real. think its perma? you gotta voyeur a bit to learn this shit though man.

Going OT for a sec:

Des! A while ago I was taking my first steps into Jazz and asked about it in here.
You recommended this particular set:

51kLqgmGquL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Well I bought it alongside the second volume and my casual interest has gradually turned into a full-blown obsession.

Thank you very much!

i believe that was all Des' call in the jazz thread which ive been meaning to bump. still wanna get that thing one day.

Well let's see here..

Em, 50, Xzibit, Game, Busta.. all had great releases under aftermath

Diddy.....

Ready to Die is one of the best hip-hop albums ever, and uh...i liked Craig Mack's album, haha

that slur thread turned hilarious with that timedog reveal

*dead*

ok, now i gotta go check back

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I used to love you like a brother Enzo...now..We are enemies.
Tell me you don't notice the same themes across both albums. SAY IT TO MY FACE.

I just dropped the truth bomb. Control System is better than I expected though. I'd say it still = Longterm Mentality. Both have unique sounds, don't know which I prefer really. I hesitated to say that it's Lasers with better production AND a better rapper too. But then I realized there was no rapper on Lasers. Only a WhoopieBot.

That reminds me CRS, I need to make a confession too Gaf-hop. I need a Big Sean album. All the rap albums I've listened to this year has been too serious for me(outside a little bit). I thought that Oddisee would fill that void but I never heard his raps before so I was disappointed.

Esch

Banned
That reminds me CRS, I need to make a confession too Gaf-hop. I need a Big Sean album. All the rap albums I've listened to this year has been too serious for me(outside a little bit). I thought that Oddisee would fill that void but I never heard his raps before so I was disappointed.

now THIS is how you jump the shark

kamspy

Get that old Pharrell solo album. It get's me through those days. No need to stoop to Big Sean levels. You're better off with Wale or Taylor Allderdice.

kamspy

Oh yeah, I wanted to drop this post a while back when all of the (much deserved) Harry Fraud dick licking was going on, but Coke Boyz 2 is almost 100% Fraud beats. It's why it's so good. 200% better than Montanta's next best work. I know most of yall still haven't gave it a shot. Do it.

Tokubetsu

Oh yeah, I wanted to drop this post a while back when all of the (much deserved) Harry Fraud dick licking was going on, but Coke Boyz 2 is almost 100% Fraud beats. It's why it's so good. 200% better than Montanta's next best work. I know most of yall still haven't gave it a shot. Do it.

Co-sign. Coke Boys 2 could have been an album if French Montana could focus himself a little.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Really tho Enzo what tracks make you feel like Control System is tinfoil hat rap?
Off the top of my head:

Terrorist Threats
Beautiful Death
That one song with the chorus "motherfuck the government, motherfuck the system"

Definitely the vibe I'm getting from this after a few spins.

EDIT: A$$ is a shitty song, unless we're talking that KeY Wayne remix.

kamspy

Off the top of my head:

Terrorist Threats
Beautiful Death
That one song with the chorus "motherfuck the government, motherfuck the system"

I usually associate tin foil with UFOs and shit. I hear mainly coherent political gripes on Control System.

Is your meaning of tin foil rap any political rap? Would early Cube albums be tin foil? Is RAP Music? Now, Canibus, that's some tin-foil shit. After I watched that battle I wanted to go deeper (don't go here, I'm warning all of you know). Turns out, there is a shockingly active Canibus forum..... Canibus central. Lurking there is like watching some kind of tin foil covered misguided train barreling off the tracks into insanity. It's something. Don't go there. It's creepy as fuck. Canibus is a weird dude. There are pictures of him in fucking action movie poses, like base jumping and shit on the site banner. It's a very bad place.

In My Mind?

Yup. Pretty sure I'm the only dude with chest hair who can rock to it.

now THIS is how you jump the shark
Desperate times.
Get that old Pharrell solo album. It get's me through those days. No need to stoop to Big Sean levels. You're better off with Wale or Taylor Allderdice.
I never heard Pharrell solo, I'll give it a shot thanks.
Off the top of my head:

Terrorist Threats
Beautiful Death
Yea, I can't say I agree with you. I always thought tinfoil hat meant conspiracy theories and I never felt like those songs came off like that especially Bohemian Grove which isn't even a song about the government. The closest thing to tinfoil hat to me is the line where he says he saw hitler on 911, but the theme of that song isn't about conruption I feel. That's the big difference between Lupe and Ab-Soul to me. How they talk about America is very different.

siddx

Go get all those blackace ignorant and poppy mixes (if you haven't already), plenty of non-serious absurd shit on those. I feel like I should be getting drunk and driving around throwing grenades at old ladies when I listen to the ignorant mixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom