• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

fuckin' rap cars, man

in my old apartment, i had just pulled a double shift and was tired as fuck, it was like 7am when i got off and no more than an hour later, this motherfucker on the top floor of the garage - shit was like right outside my window - starts blasting some awful daddy yaknee reaggeton bullshit like he's still at the club or something. i could hear it in my skull.

I go out to the garage in my boxers, all pissed like im bout to do shit, but on the way to the car, im thinking - the fuck is my plan? if i pull a dennis leary and reach in there and turn that shit off, he might clock me with the door, cause im thinking i'd do that shit if someone pulled that move. am i just gonna knock on his window and say hey turn that shit down? punk out and say ive got a baby sleeping or some bullshit?
i guess i was figuring it out and looked pensive or something cause i go to his car and he rolls down his window and says "sorry" before i can even get to it.

"yeah, alright" << i think it was like the softest exchange of all time, really makes you think "hey i guess i live in a nicer neighborhood now"

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
fuckin' rap cars, man

in my old apartment, i had just pulled a double shift and was tired as fuck, it was like 7am when i got off and no more than an hour later, this motherfucker on the top floor of the garage - shit was like right outside my window - starts blasting some awful daddy yaknee reaggeton bullshit like he's still at the club or something. i could hear it in my skull.

I go out to the garage in my boxers, all pissed like im bout to do shit, but on the way to the car, im thinking - the fuck is my plan? if i pull a dennis leary and reach in there and turn that shit off, he might clock me with the door, cause im thinking i'd do that shit if someone pulled that move. am i just gonna knock on his window and say hey turn that shit down? punk out and say ive got a baby sleeping or some bullshit?
i guess i was figuring it out and looked pensive or something cause i go to his car and he rolls down his window and says "sorry" before i can even get to it.

"yeah, alright" << i think it was like the softest exchange of all time, really makes you think "hey i guess i live in a nicer neighborhood now"

lol that reminds of of an incident a few years ago where I was driving my dad around and we were stopped at a red light when some car pulled up next to us and two dudes start hollering out the window like they are trying to start shit. After a few seconds my father and I both lean over and start yelling back "what the fuck is your problem you need to watch your tone speaking to us that way motherfuckers blah blah blah". They immediately get quiet and apologize, telling us they were talking to some dude on the street behind us. We felt dumb as fuck but it was nice to know we made an intimidating enough pair to make some dudes get all quiet and apologetic.

kamspy

fuckin' rap cars, man

That happened to me once. I had to go to bed because the job I had started at 5AM. So I'm looking out my bedroom window...it's some late teens, early 20s. They got some beer, couple bitches. I couldn't bring myself to hate on em. I was doing the same thing back then, and really, wished I was at the time too. Let that shit bump.

CRS

Holy fuck, GAF-Hop. Smoked a mean bowl and I decided to start playing Amnesia. Fuck, was that a bad decision. Only made it like 10 minutes in.

Going to listen to Nujabes and try to sleep now.

cdyhybrid

Holy fuck, GAF-Hop. Smoked a mean bowl and I decided to start playing Amnesia. Fuck, was that a bad decision. Only made it like 10 minutes in.

Pretty sure playing Amnesia while stone cold sober is a bad idea.

Jay Sosa

Not feeling that new Lupe, that song doesn't know what it wants to be.

Also, been listening to Control System lately. Some good songs on there, but I can't shake that it's pretty much Lasers with better beats, that tinfoil hat rap. Terrorist Threats is definitely the best cut on there too.

Did you just compare Ab Soul to Lupe? How dare you?

Oh and listened to Currensy and Big Krit. Like both, Currensy is a bit more consistent and exactly what I expected(plus the production is simply outstanding), Krit has some mediocre songs ('what u mean' is extremely annoying and Ludas part sucks) but also some really nice southern tracks('Money on the floor' 'I got This')

With the right marketing Currensy could have sold so much more, I mean how is 'chasin paper' not topping the billboard charts? that's a perfect summer anthem. Also perfect for rap cars.

i believe that was all Des' call in the jazz thread which ive been meaning to bump. still wanna get that thing one day.

Make 'one day' today. Seriously. They're amazing.
Do it. Do it. Dooooo ittttt.

Just look at this shit:
the-perfect-jazz-collection_122962.jpg

and now look at this shit:

and now ask yourself: "What am I waiting for!?"

Huh?

Huh?

iavi

I've heard that Dead Space is a whole nother' experience while blazed. But I've yet to try it for just this reason.

Esch

Banned
I usually associate tin foil with UFOs and shit. I hear mainly coherent political gripes on Control System.

Is your meaning of tin foil rap any political rap? Would early Cube albums be tin foil? Is RAP Music? Now, Canibus, that's some tin-foil shit. After I watched that battle I wanted to go deeper (don't go here, I'm warning all of you know). Turns out, there is a shockingly active Canibus forum..... Canibus central. Lurking there is like watching some kind of tin foil covered misguided train barreling off the tracks into insanity. It's something. Don't go there. It's creepy as fuck. Canibus is a weird dude. There are pictures of him in fucking action movie poses, like base jumping and shit on the site banner. It's a very bad place.
I went there after the diz debacle. they are pathetic

Jo what are your three favorites from the volume so far?

Also : )

I realise it would be pretty redundant to list Kind of Blue or Nina Simone Sings the Blues so I'll stay away from those (though both are obviously great!) and will offer, with the disclaimer that I'm still an utter novice when it comes to Jazz, these as my current favourites:

It's Uptown with the George Benson Quartet
The Jazz Messengers - Art Blakey
Tijuana Moods - Charlie Mingus

though really I'd be liable to change those at the drop of a hat.
It could easily be:

Time Out - The Dave Brubeck Quartet
Jaco Pastorius
Head Hunters - Herbie Hancock (so bizarre!)

Do you have the second volume?
I'm stuck on Straight Life by Freddie Hubbard at the moment, great stuff.

iavi

I want Fraud's instrumentals from DZA's Rugby Thompson. All of them. So bad. The dude is showing game something fucking serious right now. Beleedat -Absolute next level shit.

DZA doesn't even begin to do them justice. Domo and Q rode so much better, with their small fts.

^That exquire track didn't do much for me, unfortunately.

Detox

So far everything released about the album has left me optimistic if it's great I will treasure it and if the album is shit it will be my own version of Nastradamus constantly reminding me to never trust Nas again.

siddx

You can see my punk ass on the right if you squint real hard
Thats a lot of white people lol
7fw9q.jpg

Problem with going to concerts with friends of friends is they inevitably end up being dumbfucks who do something to screw things up. Such as dragging so much ass getting themselves ready to go that you end up way in the back of the concert.

kamspy

Ha, he can probably get one using actual stems, for free but thanks though. I'mma take that as a compliment.

Seriously. Check out his new Codiene Cups video. Juicy got a thang for Weeknd samples. Tweet it to him at least I liked it alot.

siddx. is that a klan rally?

Lhexh

You can see my punk ass on the right if you squint real hard
Thats a lot of white people lol

Problem with going to concerts with friends of friends is they inevitably end up being dumbfucks who do something to screw things up. Such as dragging so much ass getting themselves ready to go that you end up way in the back of the concert.

I always wondered why I couldnt relate to that dude now I know why.

Tokubetsu

I want Fraud's instrumentals from DZA's Rugby Thompson. All of them. So bad. The dude is showing game something fucking serious right now. Beleedat -Absolute next level shit.

DZA doesn't even begin to do them justice. Domo and Q rode so much better, with their small fts.

^That exquire track didn't do much for me, unfortunately.

It's grown on me but yea. Domo and Q DZA on his shit for real. Everyone always says Hodgy is OF's most improved but it's Domo IMO. His last tape sucked because of beat selection but he's been killing it. His verse on Rella is some just stupid shit, it's crazy. I love the way he comes in too.

SPLINTER CELL CREEPIN' IN THIS BITCH
YOU COULDN'T FEEL THE STEALTH

So Lana Del Rey has shot a video. Cool cool.
It's for the single National Anthem. Cool cool.
In the video she plays Jackie O and ASAP Rocky plays JFK. Cool coo........ WTF!

Damn these two about to have some competition:
nas-nicki-kiss.jpg

I always wondered why I couldnt relate to that dude now I know why.
hahaha

It's grown on me but yea. Domo and Q DZA on his shit for real. Everyone always says Hodgy is OF's most improved but it's Domo IMO. His last tape sucked because of beat selection but he's been killing it. His verse on Rella is some just stupid shit, it's crazy. I love the way he comes in too.

SPLINTER CELL CREEPIN' IN THIS BITCH
YOU COULDN'T FEEL THE STEALTH
I agree and K.jack called it too a few months ago lol

hubes

As do I. I see no reason to not be optimistic really.

word. real talk i have no respect for anybody that isn't hyped for the album. nas is the greatest rapper ever and has dropped nothing but heat the past year. not to mention at some point in yall lives youll come around to untitled and distant relatives and realize how good they are.

Detox

damn that shirt is pretty nice, a damn shame that it probably only comes in one size for skinny little people

You actually select the size... yeah I bought it. Now to dream that I get one of the 500 signed copies.

Oh and if you just want the t-shirt you can order just the tee and the album for $35.

siddx

:|

also everyone in this thread, im not trying to puncture your perhaps wrongly inflated Nas balloons. im just saying cmon son 70$ for a Nas collectors edition album in 2012?

word?

paying $70 for a nas ablum is the musical equivalent to paying an ugly girl to give you a mediocre blowjob.

Detox

I swore off collectors editions a while back due to shitty videogame ones but something about this one pushed me over the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom