• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

New Lupe track doesnt know what it wants to be. Not feelin' it. and his sanctimonious shit is getting on my nerves now.

I felt that it wanted to be a pop song about how the truncation of lyrics and thought in today's music causes a disassociation between what words mean and how they're used. He chose to grasp for a mainstream audience (the derivative beat and simple hook) while simultaneously criticizing the format and its effect on culture.

Jay Sosa

You actually select the size... yeah I bought it. Now to dream that I get one of the 500 signed copies.

Oh and if you just want the t-shirt you can order just the tee and the album for $35.

Oh that's nice. I'm rooting for you to get one, you seem to be the only Nas stan left ;)

kamspy

I felt that it wanted to be a pop song about how the truncation of lyrics and thought in today's music causes a disassociation between what words mean and how they're used. He chose to grasp for a mainstream audience (the derivative beat and simple hook) while simultaneously criticizing the format and its effect on culture.

You mean like Kendrick Lamar did all over Section 80 to much better effect?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
It's grown on me but yea. Domo and Q DZA on his shit for real. Everyone always says Hodgy is OF's most improved but it's Domo IMO. His last tape sucked because of beat selection but he's been killing it. His verse on Rella is some just stupid shit, it's crazy. I love the way he comes in too.

SPLINTER CELL CREEPIN' IN THIS BITCH
YOU COULDN'T FEEL THE STEALTH

For so long, Hodgy was the most consistent, but then from nowhere Domo came up out of the hyperbolic time chamber slapping bitches and droppin sick, aggressive verses.

cacophony

tumblr_m68fxuqa0g1qicteeo1_500.jpg

i be that pretty muthafucka

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I appreciate Alc doing tracks with lesser known potentially up and coming artists, but I wish he'd get his talents onto bigger profile albums as well.

Tokubetsu

I just say I wish Domo Genesis picked better beats for his last tape and what happens? He's doing a release with Alchemist. Fuck yes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The first portion of Popular Culture is so good. The rest has it's moments, but isn't solid IMO.

Everything up to The Kick is gold.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I just say I wish Domo Genesis picked better beats for his last tape and what happens? He's doing a release with Alchemist. Fuck yes.

Domo is about to come out from behind and fuck the rest of OF over... where the fuck is Hodgy at?

IrishNinja

okay so i just caught Killer Mike's "Reagan"....goddamn. can someone get him in the room with Lupe next time dude wants to get on Fox or something? im usually terrified when non Technique/etc educated dudes talk politics, that shit was refreshing

edit: this page's highlights

detox please dont drop 70 on this album

for the love of god

siddx. is that a klan rally?

I always wondered why I couldnt relate to that dude now I know why.

quiet you esc-nog

paying $70 for a nas ablum is the musical equivalent to paying an ugly girl to give you a mediocre blowjob.

swag rappers are pause central

ahahaha

Hahaha, holy fuck. We need a GAF-Hop quotes twitter account.

this, so hard. some shit should be immortalized. i make it happen, maccas!

Novid

Banned
So Lana Del Rey has shot a video. Cool cool.
It's for the single National Anthem. Cool cool.
In the video she plays Jackie O and ASAP Rocky plays JFK. Cool coo........ WTF!

Damn these two about to have some competition:
nas-nicki-kiss.jpg

my mind... what the... hell... there isnt enough facepalms on planet ... no the fucking universe...

IrishNinja

sorry, dont mean to hurt you. our generation in general is fucked by dads not being around because of work, or just not caring, or divorce. Lots of issues there.

man, what was that Nas or whatever forum that Soul Creator (think it was) posted that one shot from that had me dying, a buncha stans and this one dude calls them out like "GODDAMN YALL NEED A FUCKIN FATHER FIGURE, SHIT"

I just discovered Who Sampled. Oh god.

sites like this are fascinating, but they're also why Kno and dudes are taking crazy shit these days arent they?

IrishNinja

Kno is mad because he didnt clear his samples like a good boy and feels entitled enough to cry about it.

counter-argument: stop snitchin'

i think he/others just miss that era when shit like that could fly...i wonder if brazen mtherfuckers like puffy ever got clearances

Kno should either learn to re-create samples or stop relying so heavily on them. He's dope as fuck, but if money is such a problem he needs to do something else, b. Or, you know, get shit cleared before using it.

Esch

Banned
Kno's beats are pretty good, but they lack funk. You can tell a white person made them.
I strongly disagree, i find a lot of kno's shit to have that bounce. just not everyone. Think Hard as they Come.

i dont think ive met any white guy that dislikes being white as much as you

Kno's beats are pretty good, but they lack funk. You can tell a white person made them.

hahaha, do you feel this way about A Piece of Strange beats as well? A lot of people here like Oreology as their best project, but I actually kind of prefer the beats on APOS more. Completely different tone on the beats though.
i dont think ive met any white guy that dislikes being white as much as you
He's light skinned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom