• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

Rick Ross' "Pen is sharp right now" - Prodigy

"I've learned to respect Rick Ross' music. He's been impressing me lately, especially while I was locked up. I've been watching his career," Prodigy told MTV News of his growing appreciation for the Miami rapper. "At first on some real sh--, I thought he was a fluke. I didn't think he was gonna make it and I can admit that. I'm not scared to speak my mind and tell you what it is. And now I'm like, 'I like that kid.' "

After his 2006 gun arrest, Prodigy was sentenced to three and a half years in jail in October 2007. At the time, Ross was in between albums, preparing to release his sophomore LP Trilla, and he wasn't quite the rap juggernaut that he is today. By the time P was released in March 2011, Rozay had made significant strides in his career and the Mobb Deep lyricist became a fan. "He's real unique, he's real creative, he picks ill beats. He impresses me," P said. "He's killin' 'em right now with the lyrics. His pen is sharp right now. That boy's pen is not a joke right now."

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I'm talking voice/flow/style...etc

old man flow. jeezy always sound like he bout to die.

I always thought jeezy sounded like he was on the toilet with a nasty case of constipation trying desperately to shit while he rapped.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I always thought jeezy sounded like he was on the toilet with a nasty case of constipation trying desperately to shit while he rapped.

I think I just broke my happy lobe in my brain...

Jeezy's Tony Montana, and Strange Clouds are soooo dope.. almost Busta level of killing someone else's beat...

Mangotron

His pen is sharp right now. That boy's pen is not a joke right now.

I'm sorry but I cracked up laughing reading that. :lol

I really think Ross's next album has the potential to be pretty decent though, he's been picking beats really well.

Ross mixtape better then most albums that came out last year and will come out this year

So many bangers on there, cut out some filler and it's easy 4/5 album.

GFID is going to be beyond dope, no doubt in my mind. I'm hoping he got rid of the various repetitive BMF-attempts on Rich Forever, and the album will feel more refreshing.

T Dollarz

I missed a Ross mixtape last year? AND IT WAS GOOD??? This is definitely news worthy.

Edit: Ah, Rich Forever, January. Worth checking out?

Recon

Banned
Too much Ross dick riding in this thread. Dude is two cheeseburgers away from a heart attack. Sounds like it too, Ughhh...ughhh. Grunt, Grunt.

IrishNinja

going to see The Roots @ downtown MIA for $35 (nosebleed!) at the end of the month with a few of my boys, can't wait since i kept missing them & they never came down for rock the bells.
anyone else in s. florida down to join, i'll meet up for drinks/toke after, holla!

Blackace

im not gonna argue that, but prodigy still says a whole lotta dumb shit, and sounds like he wants to be signed here.
Could be... But if he wants to be signed all he would have to do is call Birdman
Ross mixtape better then most albums that came out last year and will come out this year

So many bangers on there, cut out some filler and it's easy 4/5 album.
Yeah the mix tape was good
GFID is going to be beyond dope, no doubt in my mind. I'm hoping he got rid of the various repetitive BMF-attempts on Rich Forever, and the album will feel more refreshing.

I like the BMF attempts... just less love songs.. :(

yep. best thing out this year so far imo.
I am feeling the Juicy J mixtape, found a no shout version of it.. good stuff
ross just makes too many soundalikes for him to be in that gdlk territory, cut his albums down and im good

huh?

Blackace

Too much Ross dick riding in this thread. Dude is two cheeseburgers away from a heart attack. Sounds like it too, Ughhh...ughhh. Grunt, Grunt.

Doesn't matter if someone is dope or not if they are fat you are bagging.. we understand.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ross is hottest in the game right now, outside of maybe Drake.

However, Rich Forever points toward more of the similar stuff rather than another evolution in his sound. We'll see though, perhaps he's keeping the heat for God Forgives, I Don't.

overcast

Aquemini gets hated on, Jeezy is declared Gaf-Hop (U)God. I can't take this shit guys, I can't.

Ross isn't the hottest in the game Enzo.

Blackace

Aquemini gets hated on, Jeezy is declared Gaf-Hop (U)God. I can't take this shit guys, I can't.
Ross isn't the hottest in the game Enzo.

well you can always stay in the GAF-POP thread

T Dollarz

Guys, I'm thinking about making a playlist of dope songs for NBA 2K12. I'm thinking types of songs that would be cool to hear in the arena during a game. For example, I think the song that works the best that's already on the game is Bad Meets Evil - Fastlane. Ideas?

missed out on the 3-peat discussion
18 hour work day, ffffuuu
, but I'd add Cunninlynguists. Listened to A Piece of Strange, Dirty Acres, and Oneirology recently and they're all pretty damn amazing in my book.

missed out on the 3-peat discussion
18 hour work day, ffffuuu
, but I'd add Cunninlynguists. Listened to A Piece of Strange, Dirty Acres, and Oneirology recently and they're all pretty damn amazing in my book.

Catching up on the thread right now and was thinking the same thing. Damn great albums.

kamspy

Guys, I'm thinking about making a playlist of dope songs for NBA 2K12. I'm thinking types of songs that would be cool to hear in the arena during a game. For example, I think the song that works the best that's already on the game is Bad Meets Evil - Fastlane. Ideas?

I usually just rock Foobar in the second monitor and burn through albums and mixtapes. 2K addict here. That's probably the time I digest music the best here recently. Not working a job anymore and listening less in the whip makes 2K my main album consumption time.

But if I'm gonna recommend anything, it would be Dipset anything and Meek Mill - Dreamchasers mixtape.

I think the Meek album is gonna blow everyone away this year. Callin it now. Dreamchasers is so fucking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom