• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
1. Go listen to this:

Gravediggaz+-+1994+-+6+Feet+Deep+%5BFront%5D.jpg

2. Realise how wrong you are.

3. Repent for your sins!

Anyways..... DAT Nas!

Bitch i'm old, I had that on cassette. Gravediggaz is a whole different kind of horrorcore anyways.

siddx

Gambino is one of those rappers I wish I didn't like. I ended up enjoying quite a few songs on camp, which annoyed me because he raps like every generic lil wayne imitator out there, and sings like every generic drake imitator out there.

nns3d

The only song I liked from Camp was Heartbeat, everything else was forgettable. I dunno but something about Gambino just doesn't click with me. I think it's his voice plus some cringe-worthy lines.

Man talking about cassettes, this was my first ever tape and album:

Photoon03-07-2012at2140.jpg

I still own this shit today, it's priceless to me.
My second ever album was this:

!B7U2hGw!2k~$(KGrHqN,!icEzN1w6iTwBMz1P5f3T!~~-1_35.JPG

Went from Pop-Rap to straight up Gangsta shit in a week :lol

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Man, nostalgia aside, cassettes sucked. Trying to find the song you wanted was a pain in the ass, they'd always get eaten my the recorder and they fucking melted in your car. Still, my formative years were all cassettes and actual radio copied mixtapes, so I can't hate too much.

Tokubetsu

Man, nostalgia aside, cassettes sucked. Trying to find the song you wanted was a pain in the ass, they'd always get eaten my the recorder and they fucking melted in your car. Still, my formative years were all cassettes and actual radio copied mixtapes, so I can't hate too much.

Never put me in your box if your shit eats tapes

siddx

Man talking about cassettes, this was my first ever tape and album:

Photoon03-07-2012at2140.jpg

I still own this shit today, it's priceless to me.
My second ever album was this:

!B7U2hGw!2k~$(KGrHqN,!icEzN1w6iTwBMz1P5f3T!~~-1_35.JPG

Went from Pop-Rap to straight up Gangsta shit in a week :lol

haha I had both those cassettes too. I remember really liking code red now that I think about it. First tape I bought though was MC Hammer though. Bought a shitload of tapes after that, living in Nepal, you could only get pirated tapes and they were dirt cheap (photograph of the album cover folded up into the case with a tape inside that sometimes had nothing written on it). I remember playing the hell of sir mix alots mack daddy cassette and having to buy multiple copies of The Chronic and doggystyle because I wore them out/people stole them.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Few drops for anyone interested and some notes. G-Side have a new album coming later this year very imaginatively titled G which below song may be from. Yelawolf is dropping a mixtape called Heart Of Dixie with a producer from Alabama called M-16 tomorrow at 2pm (presumably some kinda American timezone time, I dwell in the UK myself). Spitta's remix is presumably just for the fun of it. Wayne is seriously sucking lately but rest of the song is cool.

G-Side - Peanut Butter Leather

Curren$y - ft. Big K.R.I.T. Young Jeezy & Lil Wayne - Jet life Remix
Yelawolf - Let Me Out

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
And sorry to double post but lol Coolio Gangsta's Paradise was my first rap album and I also had it on tape. I remember bugging my mum to buy it for me and then her absolute disgust when she came into my room when I was playing it one time. Seems kinda cheesy that a Coolio album was my first looking back but shit I was 10 what do you want from me.

Few drops for anyone interested and some notes. G-Side have a new album coming later this year very imaginatively titled G which below song may be from. Yelawolf is dropping a mixtape called Heart Of Dixie with a producer from Alabama called M-16 tomorrow at 2pm (presumably some kinda American timezone time, I dwell in the UK myself). Spitta's remix is presumably just for the fun of it. Wayne is seriously sucking lately but rest of the song is cool.

G-Side - Peanut Butter Leather

Curren$y - ft. Big K.R.I.T. Young Jeezy & Lil Wayne - Jet life Remix
Yelawolf - Let Me Out

New Yela song is too dubsteppy. I hope this producer isn't just making beats like this. Would have definitely preferred another tape with willpower like Trunk Muzik.

Still I'm a check that out.

siddx

So you're admitting you don't live what you post about!

Don't believe the lies, I was never a CO just a CEO.
Uhhh siddzay, got the lambo with the extra tiiiiiint//these beetches talkin shit give em an extra miiiiiint

siddx

Porchlight and I Got This

Live from the underground, cool to be southern, I got this, money on the floor, what u mean, my sub 2, dont let me down, porchlight, pull up, yeah thats me, hydroplanning, if i fall, rich dad poor dad

Skip the rest.

siddx

professor siddxy doesn't teach kids, he teaches tennis to wealthy people.

*flex bomb*

white people give me money for them lessons//I aint a teacher bitch dont make get my weapon
lob bitch lob bitch lob bitch now serve!

siddx

Yela deserves an award for losing so much hype with me. Radioactive was my number one most wanted album, and even though I was disappointed, I actually liked some of it. But since then he's done fuck all to keep me interested.

Titling his second album "Love Story" doesn't help matters either. Yeah I'm waiting on that KRIT tape, it's make or break for me regarding Yela. I don't really have any hype for tomorrow's tape but I'll give it a looksee.

siddx

I wanted to like praying man, It was the first track I jumped to. But it's just...generic. Sounds like the kind of beat every rapper comes up when trying to make a "soulful blues track".

Detox

I don't listen to blues (yeah I should fix this because I like the stuff I've heard in movies etc) is there any hiphop songs that nail the soulful blues sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom