• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

top-o.gif

Macca

What album/s are people most excited for for the rest of the year?

I mean shit, we got like Nas, Rozay, GOOD, Kendrick, Big Boi, 2 Chainz, Meek Milly, Lupe (AOTY BITCHES). It's looking pretty damn nuts.

Personally, Ima have to go with Big Boi, Kendrick and then Meek. Dude's been damn consistent on MMG, can't wait for his album.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Lets revisit a classic hip hop moment shall we?
PM Dawn aka the group Drake and Chris Brown would form if they weren't having a lovers quarrel, are performing a taped show for MTV in front of an audience. KRS One and BDP decide to have words with the two over a comment they had made earlier. Originally intending to have a battle, KRS realizes nobody wants to see PM Dawn moan and warble their way through a battle rap. So instead he and the BDP crew literally toss PM Dawn off the fucking stage. KRS then decided to shit in Dawn's cereal by performing Still #1 immediately after.

The only thing this means to me is more interesting music. Dual perspectives are some shit. It'll be interesting to see how this move effects his career, though. R&B as a genre isn't exactly the most progressive in that regard.

Let's be real: most of Frank's fans are white. He'll do fine.

Esch

Banned
Don't let 'em front you to saying you can't move
Without 'em, fuck 'em I tell 'em this ain't new
We been some hustlers since it began dude
Ain't gon' be tripping over some bitch ass dude
They so vain I tell 'em this ain't you
You can get sensitive but the shit ain't true
These niggas can't do nothing that I can't do
That she can't do, that he can't do, that you can't do, that we can't do

ohhh.png

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Lets revisit a classic hip hop moment shall we?
PM Dawn aka the group Drake and Chris Brown would form if they weren't having a lovers quarrel, are performing a taped show for MTV in front of an audience. KRS One and BDP decide to have words with the two over a comment they had made earlier. Originally intending to have a battle, KRS realizes nobody wants to see PM Dawn moan and warble their way through a battle rap. So instead he and the BDP crew literally toss PM Dawn off the fucking stage. KRS then decided to shit in Dawn's cereal by performing Still #1 immediately after.

It's funny how KRS1 forgets how much of a prick he was when he is pulling his Bill Cosby routine ...

Esch

Banned
I believe that marriage isn't
Between a man and woman but between love and love
And I believe you when you say that you've lost all faith
But you must believe in something, something, something
You gotta believe in something, something, something

I still believe in man
A wise one asked me why
Cause I just don't believe we're wicked
I know that we sin but I do believe we try
We all try, the girls try, the boys try
Women try, men try, you and I try, try, we all try

whoo.png

I'm having fun with this but on a serious note: SMH @ ninjas hating on Frank Ocean but listening to Luther Vandross for decades. If he makes good music there's no reason to abandon him. I respect his bravery.

He can smash all the dime piece ninjas he wants as long as he releases dope music nahmean

Esch

Banned
I'm having fun with this but on a serious note: SMH @ ninjas hating on Frank Ocean but listening to Luther Vandross for decades. If he makes good music there's no reason to abandon him. I respect his bravery.

He can smash all the dime piece ninjas he wants as long as he releases dope music nahmean

yeah i dont really care

the fuckery on the coli is tremendous right now tho, i see you up in that

:youngsabo:

iavi

And another one goes into the twitter quote box. Gotdayum this killed me.

For real, though; nobody should give a fuck about this.

^And I don't know what the fuck The Weeknd thinks he's doing with that bird-nest on his head.

cacophony

ODD6GOBLIN6 July 4th, 2012 at 02:46 AM

SMFH THIS NIGGA IS REALLY A FAGGOT? I CANT LISTEN TO HIS SHIT IT GOES AGAINST ALL OF THE OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN MANTRA AND CODE. FRANK OCEAN IS A FUCKING DISGRACE AND I HOPE TYLER KICKS HIM OUT THE GROUP FAST. I AM DELELTING ALL OF THIS FAGGOT'S MUSIC OFF OF MY ITUNES. THERES IS NO ROOM ON MY COMPUTER FOR FAGGOT MUSIC AND I AM DISGUSTED A FAGGOT WOULD SNEAK INTO THE MEDIA LIKE THIS. I HOPE EVERY BLOGS STOP POSTING HIS GROSS MUSIC THAT ONLY PLACE THAT SHOULD SUPPORT THIS HOMO IS THAT KING FAGGOT PREREZ HILTON. FUCK YOU FRANK OCEAN, I HOPE YOU DIE OF AIDS YOU DISGUSTING LYING PIECE OF SHIT YOU BURN IN HELL FOR BEING A GAY FAGGOT.

wow

You just did.

Yeah, I kind of did give my reason huh? haha

Well, funny thing is that what I criticized most about LTFU was the production and how underwhelming it felt after coming off of R4 and 4eva and while I'll still say I was more impressed with the sounds in 4eva, something about LTFU production sounds more complete. It's hard to describe honestly, but I played both back to back and 4eva&aday didn't sound nowhere near as good in my car as LTFU did. Could of been the mastering or something but the production on the album really sounds great.

That was mostly my main problem with this album though, never had a problem with lyrics or anything, I just couldn't get into the production, but tonight was the night. It felt great bumping that album in my car.

Now, I need to get Krit Wuz Here and R4 remastered CDs.

Also, wow I didn't realize Frank Ocean's album comes out in 2 weeks. Only damn song I've heard is thinking about you. Might as well keep it that way till it releases.

CRS

Big K.R.I.T.'s handling of bass has always been god-tier. Whoever does the mixing/mastering needs some recognition. Unless it's K.R.I.T. himself, then he needs to say something.

Actually, let me see if album credits say anything.

Detox

Yoooo. Gaf hop Im fuckin drunk.

But you, check this shit.
Radio rip of Nasty Nas and Amy Winehouse joint. "CHERRY WINE",BITCHES!
shit makes me wanna shed a tear man, shit is hype. Im convinced itll be just as dope when I sober up, Winehouse is my Sarah Vaughan "whatever lola wants". straight up.

http://hiphop-n-more.com/2012/07/nas-cherry-wine-feat-amy-winehouse/

shit makes me wanna dunnk my head in a fountain

edit:
another streaming link
http://www.sharebeast.com/7y8ois4mny0c
Pack it up folks, AOTY right here.

Childish Gambino tape has me conflicted. I can't stand the dude but he's got Schoolboy Q, Ab Soul, Danny Brown, Ghostface Killah and Hypnotic Brass Ensemble on features. And Tina Fey too.

Fuck it, I'll listen for the guests.

CRS

"Mixed by Big K.R.I.T. and Ralph Cacciurri"

Damn, that Ralph guy has a history. Worked with OutKast on Aquemini.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The Tina Fey shit at the end was pretty good.

I'll actually listen to the whole tape tomorrow, fucking tired at the moment.

I think that people (in this thread especially) will dig this mixtape more than the album, just scrubbing through some tracks and all that.

Grzi

Do people saying that the Frank Ocean "revelation" shines a new light on his music actually realize that being a bisexual means he was with women too? smh

Blackace

How long before some DJ open for Frank with Chi Chi man?

Blackace

Do people saying that the Frank Ocean "revelation" shines a new light on his music actually realize that being a bisexual means he was with women too? smh

I think people know that what bisexulality is... Still puts his songs in a different light..

what he wrote in that thank yous thing, is less about him being "bisexual" and more about him being madly in love with another man.

which changes the meaning and theory behind novacane completely and gives a tottally different angle to the song.

so yes, the "revelation" shines a new light on his music, regardless if he fucks bitches too.

How does it change the meaning behind Novacane?
That song is clearly about a woman, I mean, damn.

the song is about basically what he wrote in that letter.

can you not even understand that?

"i got what I wanted, did, didnt i?" (questioning what he wanted was the woman)

but what he got, he didn't feel anything, which are the following lyrics.

then, he states he blames the girl

he talks about said girl.

second verse, he's talking about a crazy erotic scenario with women, but he still feels nothing due to it.

after that he goes into chorus which ends with a period.

then third verse begins with "I'll never forget you, you put me on a feeling i never had, and ever since I been tryna get it back, blah blah, but theres no drug around, quite like what I found in you" HERE he is talking about that guy.

then he goes back to "I still can't feel my face" cause he is numb to these women he is messing with currently doe.

"all the pretty girls involved with me, making pretty love to me...pity pity....Cant feel a thing" which is self explanatory, after what he wrote in that thing. Basically, its a pity for all these pretty chicks hes fucking as emotionally he feels nothing for them...because of that dude.

Grzi

the song is about basically what he wrote in that letter.

can you not even understand that?

"i got what I wanted, did, didnt i?" (questioning what he wanted was the woman)

but what he got, he didn't feel anything, which are the following lyrics.

then, he states he blames the girl

he talks about said girl.

second verse, he's talking about a crazy erotic scenario with women, but he still feels nothing due to it.

after that he goes into chorus which ends with a period.

then third verse begins with "I'll never forget you, you put me on a feeling i never had, and ever since I been tryna get it back, blah blah, but theres no drug around, quite like what I found in you" HERE he is talking about that guy.

then he goes back to "I still can't feel my face" cause he is numb to these women he is messing with currently doe.

"all the pretty girls involved with me, making pretty love to me...pity pity....Cant feel a thing" which is self explanatory, after what he wrote in that thing. Basically, its a pity for all these pretty chicks hes fucking as emotionally he feels nothing for them...because of that dude.

Dude, that's extremely farfetched, you could basically interpret any song that way.

Okay, so to offer a counter argument, how's about this:
He say he met the dude 4 years ago, and in the song he's singing about meeting the girl at the 2010 Coachella festival?
I mean, it still doesn't prove anything, but it's a more realistic argument than yours.

Dude, that's extremely farfetched, you could basically interpret any song that way.

Okay, so to offer a counter argument, how's about this:
He say he met the dude 4 years ago, and in the song he's singing about meeting the girl at the 2010 Coachella festival?
I mean, it still doesn't prove anything, but it's a more realistic argument than yours.

it is not farfetched. what you just said now only supports what I said. Obviously the chick he is referring to in the song he would have met after the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom