• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't download the Gambino tape, I just can't. It goes against my morals. I'm just gonna youtube the song with Ab Soul/Q, Danny Brown and Ghostface.

Now, onto Yela.

filler

Banned
Hey, Ace. If you get a chance, think you could put together a reggae mix? It would be great for the summer, no Chi Chi Man doe. lol

Esch

Banned
*Birdman daddy throws Childish Gambino in the bushes*

LOL at gaf hop shitting on blame space. hes got it out for blackace because of the bans

Dereck

Sarcasm? Joke?
Camp was heavily bashed so it seems like Gambino changed his style up for the people who hated Camp. For the poppy songs, misogyny, cartoony and corny punchlines and constant, "I'm not black enough content".

I thought Camp was fine though.

Listening to Gambino for the first time.
He sounds how Lil' B would sound if he lost everything that made him funny and clever and then tried to be taken seriously.
Nice beats and features though.
If you erased Gambino and kept the features so they acted as sparse breaks on what would become an instrumental beat tape, then this might be the shit.

Booya

Neo Member
Camp was heavily bashed so it seems like Gambino changed his style up for the people who hated Camp. For the poppy songs, misogyny, cartoony and corny punchlines and constant, "I'm not black enough content".

well, its different than camp alright but maybe those are all those features.
for me it feels like camp was full of selfconscienceness, this one sounds more like he doesnt give a crap in a good way.
wow at the gambino hate, i can understand it to some degree but wow

naku

Okay, didn't know that. It's hard to follow that kind of stuff here in Finland. I loved Camp very much. Maybe the best album of the last year. But yeah, it was different than his earlier production.

The Theo release is the damn oddest thing I've heard in a minute.
That shit is just all over the place in the best way possible.
I can't get enough.
I thought it was gonna be a bit more 'straight' after hearing that ASAP track a while back.
I was not ready man :lol

Detox

Wow, that new Yela tape has to be the worst thing I've heard this year. He has absolutely no energy throughout the whole tape apart from Sobriety Sucks registering a small tick on the enthusiasm scale and Fathers Day which gave me chills (maybe because it woke me up from a snorefest). The only other thing worse salvaging from this wreck is Rittz's verse on Out My Face. I have no idea what happened to Yelawolf but he lost all his charisma and flow, I'd rather listen to French Montana high on dro freestyling.

I wouldn't even get hyped for the Krit project unless the songs were recorded a year ago because Krit can just repeat the same 3 words like his hooks and still destroy Yela.

Gorillaz

Never really listened to childish Gambino fan, matter of fact passed up on a free concert of his at my college lol.

What are his best songs?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Never really listened to childish Gambino fan, matter of fact passed up on a free concert of his at my college lol.

What are his best songs?
Freaks and Geeks
A far second is Bonfire

The rest has an incredibly steep drop in quality. His AOTL Remix wasn't too bad either.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Lets hurry up and get to 20K posts, I feel like we need a new thread. I don't know why, but this one feels tainted. Like an old man came by and rubbed his balls on it and we only kind of caught it out of the corner of our eyes so we aren't really sure but we all have this sinking feeling that it happened and that we can never look at the thread again in the same way.

Yeah I'm drunk as fuck.

Gorillaz

Freaks and Geeks
A far second is Bonfire

The rest has an incredibly steep drop in quality. His AOTL Remix wasn't too bad either.

Freeks and Geeks is pretty good definitely feeling the beat but not gonna front his voice bugs me at times tho.

Bonfire is ok, lukewarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom