• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grzi

it is not farfetched. what you just said now only supports what I said. Obviously the chick he is referring to in the song he would have met after the guy.

No.
The chick he's singing about is the reason he doesn't feel anything, he's trying to relive the feeling he got with her but can't, you misinterpreted the beginning.
He blames the fact he can't get that feeling again on her, the "model broad with the Hollywood smile".
The point of the entire song is he's singing about the chick he met at Coachella, you're reading into the song a little bit too much.

also, to support what I said...

Frank ocean has said in interviews that nostalgia was a very personal album for him. and that some of it came from alot of pain that he had to get over.

in the "thankyous/revelation" he states how he thought he knew love until he experienced love with this guy and thats when he knew what love is. so obviously in this album he would be referencing that aspect of his life.

lastly, watch the video of novacane, in it shows visions of him with hot chicks but its nothing to him. its all numb. they do nothing for him emotionally. frank ocean said novacane was the first video he made where his vision got across exactly how he wanted it too.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=65amv0E_sgI#t=5m25s
Hell, what he is saying here is supporting what I am saying about Novacane.

No.
The chick he's singing about is the reason he doesn't feel anything, he's trying to relive the feeling he got with her but can't, you misinterpreted the beginning.
He blames the fact he can't get that feeling again on her, the "model broad with the Hollywood smile".
The point of the entire song is he's singing about the chick he met at Coachella, you're reading into the song a little bit too much.

actually, I'm not. but ignorance is bliss. And arguing about it even further when there are so many things pointing to what I am saying as correct is a exercise in futility. You just looking at the surface. you probably listened to "gotta eat" by lupe and thought he was talking about the hood and a drug dealer and not about fast food.

So I finally got listening to Big K.R.I.T. and I'm not overly impressed. The production is nice, but is that the only thing I should be listening for aside from the awesome features?

Detox

So I finally got listening to Big K.R.I.T. and I'm not overly impressed. The production is nice, but is that the only thing I should be listening for aside from the awesome features?
What tracks did you listen to? There is a very good compilation by CRS called Trunk Klassics which is what got me hooked on Krit.

ecurbj

Frank Ocean coming out the closet doesn't have anything to deal with his music. If you interpret the music as being about a female or male that's your on doing. I'm sure Frank Ocean or any music artist will open their music up for any interpretation based on the listener.

There are plenty of Christian rock bands that I like that make music. Sometimes they are not clear who they are referring to in the music. Sometimes it could be about their personal god or they could leave it open for you to interpret the song on your own perception.

Glad he came out and said he is bisexual. Yes it's frowned upon the Black American community or to be clear the R&B and Hip Hop community but it isn't about his character but the music that he presents that should be judged. He is a music artist

The guy makes good music. I like it and I look forward to his Channel Orange debut album release.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not gonna get into this argument that will inevitably end in a ban somewhere, but I'm just gonna have to consider dude's lyrics a bit more carefully from now on. Still will check out Channel Orange.

SoilBreak

Banned

Don't give a fuck

Tkot5.jpg

ecurbj

Lol, did you get into any of those albums recently?
Lol. Not yet. I'm still holding on to this list. I've been listening to Meek Mill Dreamchasers 2 mix tape.

But here is the list I'm going to be going through:

Illmatic by Nas
Liquid Swords by GZA
36 Chambers by Wu Tang Clan
The Chronic by Dr. Dre (2001 or the original?)
Super Fight by UGK
Me Against The World by 2Pac
All Eyez on Me by 2Pac
4, 5, 6 by Kool G Rap
Low End Theory by A Tribe Called Quest
Midnight Marauders by A Tribe Called Quest
Straight Outta Compton by N.W.A.
Death Certificate by Ice Cube
Blackstar by Mos Def & Talib Kweli
Black on Both Sides by Mos Def
Section.80 by Kendrick Lamar
E.1999 Eternal by Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
Below The Heavens by Blu & Exile
Doggystyle by Snoop Dogg

AZ - Doe or Die
Redman - Whut Thee Album
Big L - Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous
Common - Resurrection
Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth - Mecca And The Soul Brother & The Main Ingredient
Outkast - ATLiens
Royal Flush - Ghetto Millionaire
Kool G Rap & DJ Polo - Live and Let Die
Little Brother - The Minstrel Show
Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot
Scarface - The Fix
Black Milk - Tronic
Paid in Full - Eric B & Rakim
Deltron 3030
Lupe Fiasco- Food and Liquor
Lupe Fiasco- The Cool
Binary Star- Masters of the Universe

Jay Sosa recommended me some southern shit:

Ridin Dirty - UGK
Undaground Legend - Flip
Trap Muzik - TI
Soul Food - Goodie Mobb
Aquemini - Outkast
Phantom of the Rapra - Bushwick Bill
Crooked Lettaz - Grey Skies
Devin - The Dude
Dirty - The Pimp and the Gangsta
DJ Screw 3n tha mornin
Dungeon Family - Even in Darkness
Froze Ony - Gutta Ways
Guerilla Maab - Rise
Hot Boys - Guerilla Warfare
Juvenile - 400 degreez
Master P - Ghetto D
Nappy Roots - Watermelon..
Ray Cash - COD
Scarface - My Homies
Tela - Double Dose
Trae - Same thing different day
ABN - ABN
Witchdoctor - Aswat
Z-ro - Life of/LTTBT

And then HiResDes recommended me these:

Common - Resurrection
Astronote - Weapon of the Future
Gods'Illa - CPR BlendTape
Timbo King - From Babylon to Timbuk2
Scarface - The Diary
Binary Star - Masters of the Universe
Bread - War of the Mind: Prelude to the Brainstorm
Mayhem Lauren - Self-Induced Illness
Maffew Ragazino - Rhyme Pays
Hell Razah - Heaven Razah
The D.O.C. - No One Can Do It Better
Ghostface Killah - Ironman
Cappadonna - Pilgrimage
Fashawn - The Antidote
Cannibal Ox - Cold Vein
Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow
Edan - Primitive Plus
The ILLZ - The Pursuit
Del the Funky Homosapien - Future Development
InI - Center of Attention
The Nonce - World Ultimate
Slum Village - Fantastic Vol. II
yU - The Earn
Vordul Mega - Megagraphitti
Typical Cats - Typical Cats
Cities Aviv - Digital Lows
Strong Arm Steady - In Search Of Stoney Jackson
Shad - TSOL
Co$$ - Instrument Emotion
Shabazz Palaces - Of Light
Souls of Mischief - 93 'til Infinity
Skyzoo & !llmind - Live From The Tape Deck
Roc Marciano - Marcberg
MC Eiht - Death Threatz
Pacewon & Mr. Green - The Only Color That Matters Is Green
Nero - Alive & Vibrant: Relive The Moment
Kutmasta Kurt - Masters of Illusion
R.A. The Rugged Man - American Low Life
Crooked Lettaz - Grey Skies
Dälek - Abandoned Language
Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire - Lost in Translation
Ganjah K - Danksta Life
Nine - Nine Livez
Twinz - Conversation
The Doppelgangaz - Lone Shark
CunninLynguists - A Piece of Strange
Dubee - AKA Sugawolf
Brotha Lynch Hung - Season of da Siccness
Has-Lo - In Case I Don't Make It
Main Source - Breaking Atoms
Spice 1 - AmeriKKKa's Nightmare
Originoo Gunn Clappaz - Da Storm
Lute - West 1996
Lushlife - Plateau Vision
Kool Keith - Sex Style
Chris Faust - Villain (Vol. 1 -3)
Shaz IllYork - Air Unlimited

I got a lot of listening to do.

ecurbj

I'm sure what's on that list repeated mixtapes in it but trust me, I will go through that list. I'm trying to listen to BIG K.R.I.T album and for some reason I'm listening to Waka Flacka new album lol

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I'm sure what's on that list repeated mixtapes in it but trust me, I will go through that list. I'm trying to listen to BIG K.R.I.T album and for some reason I'm listening to Waka Flacka new album lol

I love money and she loves me back!!!

ecurbj

I love money and she loves me back!!!
You know I like the remix better with Drake in it!

Uhhhhh bust it like you cant afford a car,
You a star, you look in a mirror you know who you are, Right?

Cool, take it low, take it way lower than that.
I fly private when I go, ain't no layover on that.

Yeah I made it to the top, took a seat still sittin’
Man I'm up in stadium in DC still tippin,
She coulda paid tuition 5 times, still strippin

I just throw a couple bills and she’ll have a pair a heels?

(Ohh No)

There I go, magic trickin on yo ass, throwin every president except for Nixon on yo ass.

Make you rich I feel I should make commission on yo ass,

Wonder what you’d ever do If I went missin’ on yo ass, huh?

Lol MA BOY!!

It's lame, I know.

Blackace

You know I like the remix better with Drake in it!

Uhhhhh bust it like you cant afford a car,
You a star, you look in a mirror you know who you are, Right?

Cool, take it low, take it way lower than that.
I fly private when I go, ain't no layover on that.

Yeah I made it to the top, took a seat still sittin’
Man I'm up in stadium in DC still tippin,
She coulda paid tuition 5 times, still strippin

I just throw a couple bills and she’ll have a pair a heels?

(Ohh No)

There I go, magic trickin on yo ass, throwin every president except for Nixon on yo ass.

Make you rich I feel I should make commission on yo ass,

Wonder what you’d ever do If I went missin’ on yo ass, huh?

Lol MA BOY!!

It's lame, I know.

Round of Applause not the same song as Clap

But Drake does make a few songs better... Like Tony Montana

ecurbj

Round of Applause not the same song as Clap

But Drake does make a few songs better... Like Tony Montana
Shit. I thought you were quoting from his new album not the "Clap" track but yeah Drake topped both tracks off (Tony Montana and Round of Applause) or better yet his flow into both tracks were on point.

Blackace

Shit. I thought you were quoting from his new album not the "Clap" track but yeah Drake topped both tracks off (Tony Montana and Round of Applause) or better yet his flow into both tracks were on point.

Well Clap is on the new album...

kamspy

Still love some Frank and I won't even look for other meaning in his songs. I've already related pretty much all of them to some situation with a female in my life. No reason to stop now. Props to him for putting it out there. Had to take some courage.

Tokubetsu

Still love some Frank and I won't even look for other meaning in his songs. I've already related pretty much all of them to some situation with a female in my life. No reason to stop now. Props to him for putting it out there. Had to take some courage.

Yea, respect went up from me. Can't wait for the album.

Detox

Ecurbj keep us updated how you feel about the albums as you go through them, it will bring up some nice discussion about those albums.

kamspy

Wouldn't matter if that Gambino tape had a uber rare Nas and Biggie cypher and the only unreleased Eazy E verse in existence. Still wouldn't download.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
blamspace playing little snitch bitch on blackace in that frank ocean bisexual thread. Don't know what his fucking aim is but it sounds like he's trying to stir shit up.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
blamspace playing little snitch bitch on blackace in that frank ocean bisexual thread. Don't know what his fucking aim is but it sounds like he's trying to stir shit up.

welcometoneogaf.gif

or some smarmy shit. This ain't new. blame space will blame space.

really, I'd imagine anyone that wants to "get" a mod will jump at any opportunity to do so. blame space is the only one to do it publicly like this (and cross forum as well)

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
It pisses me off more because it's exactly what I worried about happening in here. We get away with saying shit to each other and acting a little ridiculous because we know we aren't being serious and are used it from one another. But with gaf becoming more and more PC about shit recently (see mumei's anti-cunt crusade) this thread could die a very nasty death if some mod who has never stepped foot in here decided to get nosy thanks to some snitch poster.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I don't wanna say, don't worry about it, but yeah, it's definitely something that could happen. Until then though, fuck it. Keep it business as usual and deal with it if it comes up. We're not hurting anyone and that would be plain to see for anyone. We're already known as a tough group around the site (right up there with the sports groups), but we've generally been good about letting new people in and letting them get on their feet before someone lays into them.

It's all good

ii2oJCc75g4Sb.gif

filler

Banned
I actually find the internet characters like blamespace to be entertaining, for the most part anyway. The clown should have known to stay in his lane doe.

naku

Maybe the expectations after Camp were too high, but I'm not sure what's wrong with the new Childish Gambino mixtape. Need to listen more it, tho.

Booya

Neo Member
I'm listening to Gambino new mixtape. Royalty track got a nice beat.

big gambino fan. almost half of the tracks were out before the release today but im still suprised on some great tunes.
first of it's almost logical that he uses kavinski-beat on r.i.p. Drive and Gambino fit together well.
Lovin' "Won't Stop", once again you hear Ludwigs (community-soundtrack) influences on it. Also nice to see another track produces by beck, can someone tell me where the sample in Bronchitis comes from, i cant put my finger on it.
and yea, Tina Fey feature Real Estate (was expecting a "Real estate - It's real" sample tbh) is awkwardly funny as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom