• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

filler

Banned
Lets hurry up and get to 20K posts, I feel like we need a new thread. I don't know why, but this one feels tainted. Like an old man came by and rubbed his balls on it and we only kind of caught it out of the corner of our eyes so we aren't really sure but we all have this sinking feeling that it happened and that we can never look at the thread again in the same way.

Yeah I'm drunk as fuck.

image.php

I really liked Camp. The new mixtape sounds much different from Camp. I don't really like the fact almost every song has a feature even though they don't sound bad.

Ab-Soul on Unnecessary though, he's turning into one of my favorite artists (Ab-Soul)

I'm going to a Childish Gambino concert in Toronto at the end of this month

CRS

Lets hurry up and get to 20K posts, I feel like we need a new thread. I don't know why, but this one feels tainted. Like an old man came by and rubbed his balls on it and we only kind of caught it out of the corner of our eyes so we aren't really sure but we all have this sinking feeling that it happened and that we can never look at the thread again in the same way.

Yeah I'm drunk as fuck.

If that's your reasoning, we'll have to start a new thread every time you post. :p

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
If that's your reasoning, we'll have to start a new thread every time you post. :p

EXACTLY MOTHERFUCKER EXACTLY

My balls are all over this motherfucking thread, sticky posts goddamnit stick posts. Everyone go listen this genius album
Brian_Green_One_Stop_Carnival.jpg

I seriously did own this album and some of the production is pretty damn good

CRS

siddx does bring up an interesting point. GAF-Hop has slowed down considerably. The previous 2 OTs would blow up every day.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
So what does Gaf-Hop think of kanye's new song New God Flow?

I wasn't too enamoured with it and have been surprised by the positive reception it has been getting. I mean ok, so yeh taking Ghost's hook from Mighty Healthy is fine, but this n***a needs the drums to? All he did was slap it together with a piano part and that's hot? Nah man, and the rapping didn't do much for me either. Sometimes I feel like Kanye is just good for choosing extremely obvious samples and in the case of something like say Otis, has the money to actually clear the sample unlike most producers.

SoilBreak

Banned
Not all of those got moved.

Bob is still a little snitch bitch

Hi. I really liked the Schoolboy Q album, I'm looking forward to ASAP Rocky's new one as Goldie is great.
Buying Danny Brown and Killer Mike (because of the Q2 wrapup thread) now. More suggestions are welcome.

Meyhem Lauren - Respect The Fly Shit
SpaceGhostPurrp - The Chronicles of SpaceGhostPurrp
Kendrick Lamar - Section.80
Joey Bada$$ - 1999
Chuuwee - Crown Me King
ANTWON - Fantasy Beds
Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire - Lost In Translation
Heems - Nehru Jackets
The Doppelgangaz - Lone Sharks
Deniro Farrar - DESTINY. altered
Freddie Gibbs - Cold Day In Hell
Ab-Soul - Control System
DJ Quik - The Book Of David
Big K.R.I.T. - Return Of 4Eva

kamspy

Hi. I really liked the Schoolboy Q album, I'm looking forward to ASAP Rocky's new one as Goldie is great.
Buying Danny Brown and Killer Mike (because of the Q2 wrapup thread) now. More suggestions are welcome.

Schoolboy Q - Habits and Contradictions
Ab-Soul - Control System

iavi

Well, Gafhop, just put my order in for the Maschine Mikro. Spent all last night watching tutorial vids on YT; I'm excited as hell.

I've been out of the music production game for too long, and am rusty as hell.

T Dollarz

So yeah, I guess I'm the only one who digs the new Childish tape :/

Then again, Camp was a top 10 album for me last year and that caught a lot of hate here so I can understand it. But for this tape, I really like some songs and then dislike others. Wish I could trim it down to make it a better album as a whole.

Haven't posted much this summer, been busy as fuck and just been lurking. So I'll get it all out now. Killer Mike is my AOTY, but Schoolboy, Ab-Soul, KRIT are right there too. El-P is pretty good, but doesn't compare to RAP Music in my opinion. Also... HYPED FOR NAS!!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Yeah I'm drunk as fuck.

ok.... my day is ruined

Breaking news: Recon Yoga "sampled" an 11 year old girl.

No wonder he's banned.
Looking forward to his return.
Looking forward to Kendrick and another Death Grips album.
Looking forward to looking forward.
I'm not going to look forward to Nas' album so my hype can remain in check.

New God Flow needs to grow on me; I think it's the way the ghostface sample is used...not really liking it.

Booya

Neo Member
So yeah, I guess I'm the only one who digs the new Childish tape :/

Then again, Camp was a top 10 album for me last year and that caught a lot of hate here so I can understand it. But for this tape, I really like some songs and then dislike others. Wish I could trim it down to make it a better album as a whole.

Haven't posted much this summer, been busy as fuck and just been lurking. So I'll get it all out now. Killer Mike is my AOTY, but Schoolboy, Ab-Soul, KRIT are right there too. El-P is pretty good, but doesn't compare to RAP Music in my opinion. Also... HYPED FOR NAS!!

naw, you're not the only one. I also dig it a lot. quite liked almost each song that came out until the release today. You can hear how he got better at producing compared to camp although there is still room to improve, he butchered kavinsky a bit, this could've been a lot better.

prefer el-p over killer mike, but death grips is still up there as AOTY in terms of rap. I'm hyped for kendrick and frank ocean. Kendricks flow is not from this world and Ocean could be the perfect summer relax album as was his mixtape last year for me.

HiResDes

New people come, but they'll post like once or twice...Or only when they really want something.

Ha. Yeah I didn't think I was going crazy, story about C-Bo going jail is here. Dunno if anyone here fucks with Tree but he's got a new song out that is supposedly from a collaborative EP called The Lit that is coming out at some point with Tony Baines.

Tree & Tony Baines - 3 B's (The Oprah Ballad)

The only guy that likes T R E E, thanks! : )

Wow, that new Yela tape has to be the worst thing I've heard this year. He has absolutely no energy throughout the whole tape apart from Sobriety Sucks registering a small tick on the enthusiasm scale and Fathers Day which gave me chills (maybe because it woke me up from a snorefest). The only other thing worse salvaging from this wreck is Rittz's verse on Out My Face. I have no idea what happened to Yelawolf but he lost all his charisma and flow, I'd rather listen to French Montana high on dro freestyling.

I wouldn't even get hyped for the Krit project unless the songs were recorded a year ago because Krit can just repeat the same 3 words like his hooks and still destroy Yela.

Yeah it's disappointing, his flow most of all. What happened to the high energy raps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom