• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Sosa

Mornin guys..

so I started f**king around with reason yesterday and I came to the realization that I have no f***ing clue how to make a nice boom bap or mannie beat, or a nice bassline. Are there any sites with good tutorials especially for reason?

Guys, I'm thinking about making a playlist of dope songs for NBA 2K12. I'm thinking types of songs that would be cool to hear in the arena during a game. For example, I think the song that works the best that's already on the game is Bad Meets Evil - Fastlane. Ideas?

Sure:

3581c0a398a045d09c6fc110.L._AA300_.jpg

We're playing baaaaaskeeeeetbaaaaall

CRS

More 3-Peat additions,

Bone Thugs-n-Harmony: (Creepin' -> Art of War)

Fuck all y'all.

Lupe Fiasco: (Fahrenheit 1/15th mixtape series)

OutKast: (Southern -> Aquemini)

Also, Aquemini > Stankonia but Stankonia's singles are much better.

T Dollarz

I usually just rock Foobar in the second monitor and burn through albums and mixtapes. 2K addict here. That's probably the time I digest music the best here recently. Not working a job anymore and listening less in the whip makes 2K my main album consumption time.

But if I'm gonna recommend anything, it would be Dipset anything and Meek Mill - Dreamchasers mixtape.

I think the Meek album is gonna blow everyone away this year. Callin it now. Dreamchasers is so fucking good.

I'm totally a 2k addict as well. It's the game I play the most BY FAR. I've always played on 360 but I just installed it on my laptop because I found this mod online that adds like 106 retro teams that are indistinguishable from the original content, and one that uses the TNT scoreboard. Graphics are better too. It's pretty much all I've done in my free time since I got it. so gooooood

Novid

Banned
I'm totally a 2k addict as well. It's the game I play the most BY FAR. I've always played on 360 but I just installed it on my laptop because I found this mod online that adds like 106 retro teams that are indistinguishable from the original content, and one that uses the TNT scoreboard. Graphics are better too. It's pretty much all I've done in my free time since I got it. so gooooood

the only problem with it is the lack of updates. but i heard NOTHING but great things about the PC version of 2k (i have the ps3 version)

SoilBreak

Banned
Wiz Khalifa – Mt. Money f. Fashawn

BIG K.R.I.T. Clarifies His Intentions With "Handwriting" And Reveals If He Will Be Hip Hop's "Marcus Dupree"

DX: You’re saying Def Jam is being pretty understanding right now, but on the brutally candid “Handwriting” from your just-released 4Eva N A Day you reveal that Def Jam thought “Country Shit” was just a regional record, and you declare that you “make albums, not hits.” Was that song intended to give your fans the heads-up that you see the handwriting on the wall about your possibly chuckin’ the deuce to the major-label system?

Big K.R.I.T.: I mean, I will say this: I didn’t say what label. Notice I just said “label.” That could’ve been any label, because I’m signed to more than one.

And I even say this in that song, that was at a point and time in the day where I had been drinking. So my mind frame and my emotions towards the situation were a little bit more frantic than in the beginning of the album were I’m talking to my pops and I’m like, “It’s all gonna be all good, and everybody is proud of me.”

And it’s just me understanding that I’m going for longevity, that it’s not an overnight situation. Of course, my album hasn’t came out yet. It was pushed back because I felt like I needed to get a lot of these samples cleared. It wasn’t ready. And they understood that. And so for the most part it’s just a me explaining from the outside looking in kind of situation, from the artist’s perspective of what it’s like to be on a label, to wanna do this and sometimes it doesn’t work out like that. The frustration of just being human and wanting to do what you wanna do.

Curren$y talks "Stoned Immaculate," possibly working with Kanye West some time in the future.

“Yo, Kanye wouldn’t hurt on the next project. That wouldn’t kill me, you know what I’m saying. That’d be alright,” said Curren$y.

Prior to speaking on his hopes of working with Kanye, Curren$y shared the names of some of the producers he’s working with for his upcoming project Stoned Immaculate.

“Pharrell did a couple of joints on there. J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, DJ Toomp, Tone P. I just tried to do the same thing I been doing and don’t get caught up too much in the changes,” said Curren$y.

According to Curren$y, Stoned Immaculate which is already finished will likely be released in May or June of this year.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Oh groups are included in the 3-peat discussion?

Onyx: Bacdafucup -> All We Got Iz Us -> Shut'Em Down

Mobb Deep: Infamous -> Hell On Earth -> Murda Muzik

I'd put that string of albums from the Mobb into the discussion as the best run of albums from any Hip-Hop group or artist, ever.

kamspy

haha, alright. I'll have to give dreamchasers a listen in a few then.

I was shocked too. I thought Meek was a herb. Now I'm pumped as fuck for the album. Between this tape, 2pac back and his verse on Ambition, sign me the fuck up.

EDIT: Songs are all mislabled on the Dreamchasers NoDJ. Anyone feel like tagging it?

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Meek Milly been doing his thing. I think he has the strongest hit making potential on the MMG roster and if Ross somehow managed to make a star out of Wale (No shots, although I prefer his older stuff just didn't see it coming after his major label debut with the Lady Gaga feature flopped) then mill should have a great shot at doing some damage, especially if he can come up with more stupid bangers like this one...

Meek Mill ft. Chic Raw - Gasoline

RJT

So, one of my favorite comedy writers in Portugal just tweeted the Big K.R.I.T. mixtape, which surprised me as hell. Recommended him Schoolboy Q and he liked it. My Klout score went up by a few points.

Today was a good day.

Double D

man, I liked K.R.I.T.s stuff but now I'm really starting to love it....

Same. My PC broke a while ago and I just replaced it a couple days ago, but in the downtime (couldn't sync my phone) I pretty much only listened to the Big Krit station on Pandora. At least every other song is off of Wuz Here or R4, and it really got me into a bunch of songs I'd previously just thought were ok.

DominoKid

Meek Milly been doing his thing. I think he has the strongest hit making potential on the MMG roster and if Ross somehow managed to make a star out of Wale (No shots, although I prefer his older stuff just didn't see it coming after his major label debut with the Lady Gaga feature flopped) then mill should have a great shot at doing some damage, especially if he can come up with more stupid bangers like this one...

Meek Mill ft. Chic Raw - Gasoline

damn that shit hard.
i never really listened to old meek mill (pre-dreamchasers) cause everybody said it was garbage.

Esch

Banned
MMG music has no character. Sometimes its catchy, sometimes it has memorable lines and hooks, but i walk away from it everytime feeling like I just ate something at a school cafeteria; bland, cheap, unfulfilling and ultimately shallow experiences.

I haven't listened to Black on Both Sides in years. I need to fix that ASAP.

Yes. Yes, you do.

How do you guys feel about Ecstatic? I personally loved it, especially the Madlib, Oh No and Mr. Flash production. Had it spinning for weeks.

EschantonDX said:
MMG music has no character. Sometimes its catchy, sometimes it has memorable lines and hooks, but i walk away from it everytime feeling like I just ate something at a school cafeteria; bland, cheap, unfulfilling and ultimately shallow experiences.

we're like brothers or something

overcast

Yes. Yes, you do.

How do you guys feel about Ecstatic? I personally loved it, especially the Madlib, Oh No and Mr. Flash production. Had it spinning for weeks.
Pretty damn good album. Black on Both Sides is his masterpiece though (though Black Star is very close).

Why the hell did I wait until the day it was due to write this paper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom