• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one liked The New Danger or The Ecstatic?
I bumped The New Danger for a long while. It used to be my soundtrack while playing FFXI.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
I quite liked Ecstatic actually. Wouldn't say it was quite a return to Black On Both Sides form but after the fuckeree that was New Danger I was happy enough with it, and Auditorium from that album was one of my favourite songs of that year. In fact i've just decided thinking about that tune that its very clear what Mos needs to get back on track. He obviously sounds great over Madlib production. Talib Kweli made an EP with Madlib once called Liberation and the people have been clamouring for a new Black Star album. So just get Mos to stop fucking around with this Yaasin Bey rebranding shit (seriously whats up with rappers and rebranding? I read somewhere that Malice is now calling himself No Malice LOL) get in the studio with Talib kweli and Madlib, and make a new Black Star album with all Madlib production. Call it Blacklib or Madstar or whatever the fuck you feel is necessary.

PBY

Banned
6oee1.jpg

dropping soon

I quite liked Ecstatic actually. Wouldn't say it was quite a return to Black On Both Sides form but after the fuckeree that was New Danger I was happy enough with it, and Auditorium from that album was one of my favourite songs of that year. In fact i've just decided thinking about that tune that its very clear what Mos needs to get back on track. He obviously sounds great over Madlib production. Talib Kweli made an EP with Madlib once called Liberation and the people have been clamouring for a new Black Star album. So just get Mos to stop fucking around with this Yaasin Bey rebranding shit (seriously whats up with rappers and rebranding? I read somewhere that Malice is now calling himself No Malice LOL) get in the studio with Talib kweli and Madlib, and make a new Black Star album with all Madlib production. Call it Blacklib or Madstar or whatever the fuck you feel is necessary.

I think my dick would explode from this. No, I'm fairly certain it would.

RJT

That would be quite awesome. I wouldn't even mind the lousy name.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
@ Blackace - That 3-6 mix was flawless. I bump it front to back every other day.

Finally bumped the KRIT.

It's good. Not mind blowing, but it's very good, consistent, and easy to listen to multiple times.

This video is just...I can't..

Drippin' Swagu

Woody's instrumental tape is banging as hell. Dude has my attention.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
New Rittz - Die.

Damn that shit is dark as hell. White Jesus Revival drops tomorrow! Shaping up to be hot.

Damn for real. Rittz seems to be all about the dark videos at the moment, i mean look at this. I dunno whats going on with the Slumerican label now that Yelawolf is fucking with Shady, but I hope Rittz is going to still be able to drop new material as for the meantime it seems we have lost Trunk Muzik era Yelawolf. Yelawolf has a more interesting flow and variety to him but Rittz is dropping much better music imo and Revival should make for a good tomorrow. I think i read somewhere it's gonna have 8 new tracks and then the rest will be from the original White Jesus.

Imagine a year with MadGibbs, Madvillainy 2 and a Madlib produced Blackstar. *drools*

Shiiiiiiiiiiittt, that would be fantastic, but alas I think only MadGibbs will drop this year. Also i'd be interested to see what Obie is bringing to the table he been out the game what, 5 years? And what the hell happened to that Bottom's Up album he was gonna come with? Did he get kicked off of Shady?

DominoKid

one day this spring break imma get blazed out of my mind and listen to all the lil b mixtapes i've missed. i think im up to 5 or 6 now...

PBY

Banned
20120307-WIZ.jpg

^cover art to the mixtape of the year contender dropping next week. GET HYPE GAF YOU KNOW THIS IS GONNA BE DOPE

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
one day this spring break imma get blazed out of my mind and listen to all the lil b mixtapes i've missed. i think im up to 5 or 6 now...

Don't do it! You have so much to live for!

iavi

Finished that ignorant mix, ace. Another great one. Shit bumps, front to back. Though, you did go and slip Drake in...

Blackace

Finished that ignorant mix, ace. Another great one. Shit bumps, front to back. Though, you did go and slip Drake in...

lol Drake beats are so dope. I used the TI mix so we wouldn't have to hear too much Drake

Blackace

Man, whenever I listen to that Em mix from Ace I'm reminded how bad Bizarre is. I can't stand him.

I don't know he worked in the flow of things... Kind of like Bushwick Bill with the Getoboys

Recon

Banned
I tried to like Obie, even bought his first album off of shady. But something about him just put me off, I have no clue what though.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Obie was a mainstream guy using his real name, with no gimmicks when that shit was sort of rare. Just rapped. Had a sense of humor, but still talked about relatable shit. Was on some grown man shit for the most part, but could put out a track like Got Some Teeth.

Recon

Banned
Obie was a mainstream guy using his real name, with no gimmicks when that shit was sort of rare. Just rapped. Had a sense of humor, but still talked about relatable shit. Was on some grown man shit for the most part, but could put out a track like Got Some Teeth.

I need to revisit his first two sometime since I am older now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom