• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodfella

The Yela tape production is so much better than his album.
Not quite back to his glory days with the rapping though.

I only enter this thread occasionally, just wondering what your opinion on Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein is?

I never see it mentioned here, but other places around the internet it seems really highly regarded. Up there with Madvillainy etc.

Jay Sosa

The Yela tape production is so much better than his album.
Not quite back to his glory days with the rapping though.

I only enter this thread occasionally, just wondering what your opinion on Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein is?

I never see it mentioned here, but other places around the internet it seems really highly regarded. Up there with Madvillainy etc.

love it but have no idea whatsoever what in the world they are talking about. also sad that one of the guys seem to have ended up broke(n) as hell.

iavi

I'm down for a "GafHop listens." Any chance we can do these on wed/thurs sometimes? Work will have me missing any other days.

goodfella

I don't know what's wrong with me, but it takes me ages to get through a whole album and appreciate it, unless it is a new release.

If Mf Doom released a new album, I know I would instantly love it, but it took me ages to grow to like Doomsday.

Anyway, I'm trudging through The Cold Vein now.

love it but have no idea whatsoever what in the world they are talking about. also sad that one of the guys seem to have ended up broke(n) as hell.

Yeah, I actually looked up some of the stuff on rapgenius, I never new about the 5% nation stuff. I never would have though Black Thought would be into that weird shit but oh well.

IrishNinja

HpDgi.jpg

IrishNinja

♥

for real though, that's the track i fell in love with siddx to

ps found esha, phoenix, kams & co, i know there's more of you fools on twitter. someone start a gaf-hop list.

Esch

Banned
thanks Maccas you are a god.

also this jarren Benton freebasing with Kevin bacon junt is grade a ballaballa. this shit bangs like PD at that titty club in the hangover 2. its literally 110° out here and I had to roll down the windows and let this shit bang. download it.

Cudder

So people don't like that new Yela? :/ I'm into it, but its def no Trunk Muzik 2

do you have a high quality download? The 2 I tried are shit quality and the volume is low as hell. People have been tweeting the Producers/websites like crazy to get them to put up a HQ.

CRS

JJ-DOOM-artwork-by-Steve-Powers-470x470.jpg

JJ DOOM (Jneiro Jarel x DOOM) - Key to the Kuffs

1. WATERLOGGED
2. GOV’NOR
3. BANISHED
4. BITE THE THONG ft Damon Albarn
5. RHYMIN SLANG
6. DAWG FRIENDLY
7. BORIN CONVO
8. SNATCH THAT DOUGH
9. GMO ft Beth Gibbons
10. BOUT THE SHOES ft Boston Fielder
11. WINTER BLUES
12. STILL KAPS ft Khujo Goodie
13. RETARDED FREN
14. VIBERIAN SUN PART II
15. WASH YOUR HANDS

8/21/2002

if I ever actually get a chance to join the dj thing, I propose a everyone listen to some random old ass crappy album at some point...see how many jokes and quotables come out of it. Like...

122051;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultImage

is it called that because he can't flow? Fuck, I don't even remember what dude sounds like. I just remember thinking he was wack

Big 10 got me interested again and releasing a few free mixtapes does nothing but help his image in my eyes, but I'm still waiting for...something lol

Big 10 got me interested again and releasing a few free mixtapes does nothing but help his image in my eyes, but I'm still waiting for...something lol

I think I'm just looking for another GRoDT, but that's never happening....and I still keep on checking for it. It's weird, I don't do this with any other artist I've stopped being a fan of.

- Business Mind giving me "good 50" flashbacks though.

- Ugh, I'm so sick of "Gangsta goes soft" girl tracks. 2 skips.

- YO, SCHOOLBOY Q ON THE OUTRO!!!??? TIME PARADOX!!

- Ehh, I'm not mad at this. Typical 50 stuff. Business Mind and Can I Speak To You (feat. Schoolboy Q) are the obvious standouts.

overcast

Is CG the new center of GAFs 'hate'* now? Why in the world is that? Serious question..I mean he's not successful, overplayed, overhyped, seems like a well spoken and honestly nice nerdy guy and he's at least decent. Or is it because of Community?
Yeah, I'm not sure I understand why GAF-hop despises gambino. At his worst he can be a bit annoying? Far from awful. Dude is better than the chief keef, bullshit, trap, balla balla music. We're talking more shit on gambino than yela.. Yela is just unbelievably whack now. C'mon guys.

Discuss.

iavi

Yeah, I'm not sure I understand why GAF-hop despises gambino. At his worst he can be a bit annoying? Far from awful. Dude is better than the chief keef, bullshit, trap, balla balla music. We're talking more shit on gambino than yela.. Yela is just unbelievably whack now. C'mon guys.

Discuss.

The fuck you didn't.

Gucci's "I'm Up" > Gambino's whole existence. And mokujin would have long been imitating Flocka if he felt it could fly for even the smallest second.

Really, though; Gambino tries to hard to be everything he isn't, and it comes across very forced. And when that doesn't work he plays the victim 'I'm so nerdy niggas don't like me' card in a voice that makes me want to turn my car speakers up to the point of blowing those speakers, my ear drums, and whatever passing drug store's store radio, just so no one will ever have to suffer that shit, and that's just some bullshit. It just is.

Yela may be whack now, but Yela is still Yela, at the least.

overcast

In my opinion, Trap is to rap, as dub step is to electronic. I don't fuck with it at all.

I don't see how he imitates? I feel like he has his own style. It's irrelevant whether he sounds like other rappers sometimes, because an artist takes influences and it tends to show in their work.

I feel like gambino stuck to his own style on his release, and this new tape. Unlike plenty of other artists (cole, yela).

PBY

Banned
In my opinion, Trap is to rap, as dub step is to electronic. I don't fuck with it at all.

I don't see how he imitates? I feel like he has his own style. It's irrelevant whether he sounds like other rappers sometimes, because an artist takes influences and it tends to show in their work.

I feel like gambino stuck to his own style on his release, and this new tape. Unlike plenty of other artists (cole, yela).

I like both dat balla balla and gambino. Problem solved!

IrishNinja

damn, i was gonna ask if the new 50 is worth the download, but we're back on that ballaballa garbage
macca, you here? i feel a quoteable coming on in this discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom