• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

zychi

Banned
I still take time out to listen to pretty much every 50 Cent project. I'm not really a fan anymore but IDK.

Just me?

I listen, you can tell he's doing it for the love of it, but it's just not as good compared to when he was broke and hungry to make money. Now it's the same shit.

But I continue to listen to his tapes and albums, I was surprised he announced his next album before this one came out, I was totally expecting him to just not release this.

How did Cole not stick to his own style yet Gambino did? Must of heard a different version of camp than I did. Dude is becoming the ditto of the rap game recently. If he's going to sit and bite off 100% of a rappers flow at least take Weird Al route. Oh and his raps aren't funny at all. Takes himself too seriously now.

Dumb comparison with balla balla rap to gambino.

PBY

Banned
Yall are sleeping on this weeks best tape
Chinx_Drugz_Cocaine_Riot_2-front-large.jpg

http://www.datpiff.com/Chinx-Drugz-Cocaine-Riot-2-mixtape.352743.html

Esch

Banned
I'm not a huge fan of trap rap, but i'll take it over donald fuck's version of YMCMB and the worst parts of backpacker hip hop mixed together.

hot, corny, cheesy garbage. like a shit taken after thanksgiving.

overcast

How did Cole not stick to his own style yet Gambino did? Must of heard a different version of camp than I did. Dude is becoming the ditto of the rap game recently. If he's going to sit and bite off 100% of a rappers flow at least take Weird Al route. Oh and his raps aren't funny at all. Takes himself too seriously now.

Dumb comparison with balla balla rap to gambino.
Everybody on here knows I defended cole for a long time. There was definitely something missing from the album. He definitely had a poppier sound on the album, and it hurt the album in retrospect. Gambino remained largely the same for the past few tapes. Why do so many people want him to be a comedic rapper so desperately?

I didn't necessarily compare trap/gambino. I just don't see how so many can tolerate that (often) terrible music, yet demolish gambino for making inoffensive music.

I'm not a huge fan of trap rap, but i'll take it over donald fuck's version of YMCMB and the worst parts of backpacker hip hop mixed together.

hot, corny, cheesy garbage. like a shit taken after thanksgiving.
What's even worse about his backpack rap is him complaining about being a black nerd and not fitting in. he doesn't sell it at all and dude has been in the business for awhile, so it's just comes off so fake. Also, he makes tasteless jokes. I didn't dislike Gambino till he said that Travyon line and it was terrible line too.

Also, Overcast Gambino was basically a comedic rapper at first so I'm not sure what you mean.

overcast

Also, Overcast Gambino was basically a comedic rapper at first so I'm not sure what you mean.
Yeah, he was. Shit was pretty bad, and he changed for the better. He changed at culdessc and has only gotten better since then imo. I know you guys don't like him, I've known that. It's just so unusual that GAF-hop just collectively destroys him anytime it's brought up. Dude gets more hate than any rapper out right now.

Esch

Banned
Des if you're reading this don't do anything rash man. GAF is a good community and people here will listen and help.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Say anything you have on your mind in his thread. I hope he'll see it there.

I thought he was going out with kampsy tonight?

Gorillaz

Im still new here but I do understand the feeling of being on the edge of being homeless...

Even tho I don't know him like that I know that feeling....it's fucked up on so many levels because the lack of control you have in the situation. Seriously christianity (yes yes i know how people view religion...whatever) helped me through that. It's such a mental strain

IrishNinja

more macca's always a good thing, man.

Des if you're reading this don't do anything rash man. GAF is a good community and people here will listen and help.

don't mean to make this more awkward, but what's going on? Des i know this sounds like just bullshit on the internet, but same offer as killer kams: you make it down to south florida and you got a place to stay man, whatever you got going don't change that.

*edit just caught his thread...shit man, yeah offer's still onna table, gonna go repost it there.

Yeah :/ hope Des gives an update
It's just so unusual that GAF-hop just collectively destroys him anytime it's brought up. Dude gets more hate than any rapper out right now.
Alright, I don't want to leave you hanging, but Childish Gambino doesn't get anymore or less hate than someone like Chief Keef here. I think it seems like that only because more people are vocal about it, but really there's plenty of people heere who likes him. He doesn't get kanye type love ,but he definitely isn't the most hated on rapper.

Tokubetsu

He's hitting the sides of the barrel on the way down. Kampsy needs to call him up. Let him know life is a rollercoaster. He seemed fine earlier, but getting your car jacked will do that to you.

The M.O.B

Des is our leader, I remember way back when he had his Scribblenauts style avatar from Naruto and was the only one posting stuff consistently.

Hope the dude gets a good sleep and checks in with one of us.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Fell asleep in the plug.dj

Hope I didn't annoy the fuck out of any one with my short playlist looping for eternity.

Des was the heart of this thread. Dude is an encyclopedia of hip hop but he was never condescending with anyone and I never saw him get aggressive with anyone in a disagreement. he was level-headed as fuck.

Macca

I'm working on a lil something for Des and his roundups in the OP. Man, if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have checked out Rittz, who turned out to be one of my favourite rappers.

kamspy

Texted Dez last night, he seemed in good enough spirits. Texted after reading this thread and still don't have a response, but it's only been a few minutes. Another forum I frequent, I stopped posting on. They probably think the worst of me. Love the concern, but he's probably just taking a couple days off to clear his head.

Esch

Banned
Why fuck datpiff?

awful track tagging, automatically makes me wanna try a different source errtime

Texted Dez last night, he seemed in good enough spirits. Texted after reading this thread and still don't have a response, but it's only been a few minutes. Another forum I frequent, I stopped posting on. They probably think the worst of me. Love the concern, but he's probably just taking a couple days off to clear his head.

good stuff. thanks for keeping us updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom