• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I need to revisit his first two sometime since I am older now.

Skip the second one. That one was produced by Em mostly during his shitty Fack/Ass Like That phase. Tried to mix fucking heavy metal and rap and shit and was really bad. Really bad. I didn't really know why, but after Shady Records fell apart it became apparent. Too many drugs.

PBY

Banned
I'm shocked.

that's what makes it worse...some kid who can rap needs those beats..

Yeah, lil B definitely doesn't fall into the class of rappers that i like- I actually hate most of his stuff. I just like the beats, the rapping is still pretty terrible. He has like 1 or 2 moments of decency, but generally its kinda bad to average rapping over amazing beats.

WanderingWind

Ain't your frat brah..

But really it was good.. but it wasn't a classic.. and 4.5 too me is like classic or near classic..

Weren't you in a sorority anyways, brah?

It wasn't like, a classic like Illmatic. It was a classic for the time, IMO. Like the shit made sense for its time and place. It didn't shift the genre (although, I see a ton more mainstream cats using their real names instead of faking street names) and his shit was always on point.

I guess personal favorite more than classic, but Cheers was up there for me for a lot of years. Haven't really listened to it lately, but I can remember the words to tracks now.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Weren't you in a sorority anyways, brah?

It wasn't like, a classic like Illmatic. It was a classic for the time, IMO. Like the shit made sense for its time and place. It didn't shift the genre (although, I see a ton more mainstream cats using their real names instead of faking street names) and his shit was always on point.

I guess personal favorite more than classic, but Cheers was up there for me for a lot of years. Haven't really listened to it lately, but I can remember the words to tracks now.

that would have been a dope come back in 6th grade son. :/ it's like the game has really changed.. only Recon can rock the dozens right..

the real name thing isn't anything great. I think good stage names are just kind of gone at this point.. and Mike Jones sold more than him with a real name!

Shit is a good album, but no way would I consider it a premium album.. to me it's one of those albums that come up somehow in conversation and most people say "yeah that shit was dope." but won't be remembered as even one of the greatest albums of the era it's from

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I remember absolutely nothing about Obie's first album as far as how it sounded. I have it sitting around somewhere I think. I know he was better than Cashis.

Blackace

I remember absolutely nothing about Obie's first album as far as how it sounded. I have it sitting around somewhere I think. I know he was better than Cashis.

The Setup is the only song that really sticks out on it to me

Blackace

i was trying to make a point about how you can't hate on an artist just because he has good beats but no lyrical talent. obviously i failed.

I listen to a lot of beats first artist.. But at least the they ride those beats. Lil B makes good beats horrible.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I listen to a lot of beats first artist.. But at least the they ride those beats. Lil B makes good beats horrible.
not if your ignorant enough. but yea i agree that he can turn good beats bad just by being on them. i can also say the same about rick ross though, but thats just my personal opinion, i don't know what it is about him that drives me up the wall every time i hear his voice, it could be that hes sounds like he has no clue what hes talking about half the time, you it could that everytime i hear his voice i am always reminded about this.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

Lil B is the herpes of rap, no matter how good that beat is, once lil b gets on it it's forever tainted. I can put up with a lot of shit in hip hop, even artists I dislike (wacka and them) I can tolerate or even enjoy a song here and there, a hard in the paint once in a while. I can't make it 20 seconds into anything lil b. Fuck that dudes whole career.

Blackace

not if your ignorant enough. but yea i agree that he can turn good beats bad just by being on them. i can also say the same about rick ross though, but thats just my personal opinion, i don't know what it is about him that drives me up the wall every time i hear his voice, it could be that hes sounds like he has no clue what hes talking about half the time, you it could that everytime i hear his voice i am always reminded about this.

He sounds like the drunk dude at a party who wants to freestyle.. Nothing sounds written or planned... And comparing Lil B to Rick Ross or even Wacka/Gucci/Meek Mill/ASAP or whoever is a joke. Those artist make real tracks, not Karaoke hour in the basement...

Lil B is the herpes of rap, no matter how good that beat is, once lil b gets on it it's forever tainted. I can put up with a lot of shit in hip hop, even artists I dislike (wacka and them) I can tolerate or even enjoy a song here and there, a hard in the paint once in a while. I can't make it 20 seconds into anything lil b. Fuck that dudes whole career.

Amen. Even Gucci stumbles into a good song now and again... Lil B is like a garbage truck in 115 degree weather...

Forreal. I haven't enjoyed anything Lil B's put out. Even that Exhibit Based shit was was gank.

It should be illegal to give him so many good beats too.

WanderingWind

that would have been a dope come back in 6th grade son. :/ it's like the game has really changed.. only Recon can rock the dozens right..

That's just your response to errything. You got feelings for Recon that you just aren't ready to explore...

And I can't believe we got a Lil B flowchart. Why? Who put that much time into that fool?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Lil b has come correct on quite a few tracks, but those are drowned out in the ocean of his not giving a fuck trolling or i am just stuck on wack today even if I try tracks.

Blackace

That's just your response to errything. You got feelings for Recon that you just aren't ready to explore...

My response to everything?

lol.. Sure homie

You are the one who keeps bringing up "sexuality" sounds like you are the one with feelings...

Blackace

...I just said feelings. Why you got to start talking about sex?

*raises eyebrow*

never said sex, sexuality is a different word.. Comes from your fantasies about me in a sorority and what not..

I just hate being called Brah.. Rather be called a ni@@a by a white dude trying to fit in than brah

Esch

Banned
never said sex, sexuality is a different word.. Comes from your fantasies about me in a sorority and what not..

I just hate being called Brah.. Rather be called a ni@@a by a white dude trying to fit in than brah

what about bruh, black dudes i know always say bruh

DominoKid

Jadakiss is influenced by Rick Ross

As Kiss readies his Top 5 Dead or Alive album, he also said he would be releasing a mixtape soon, one that will borrow its formula from Rick Ross' Rich Forever.

"It's really like an album, though but I'm not gonna put it in stores...I really got a lot of the format off [Rick Ross'] Rich Forever. I like how he did that. That's a real powerful mixtape that's gonna go down in time because it's like an album. He got big features on there. He got good records that's playing in rotation, playing in the club and it's just good music. So, I kind of borrowed that formula."

What's your take on dude or guy?

Macca throw that Blackace avatar on here:
paul_mooney.jpg

Natiko

Banned
Wanted to pop by to say the new Ignorant mix was great Blackace. I think I'm behind on some of your others, this is the first one I've seen since the Em one. I'll have to check out your site and see what all I've missed out on. Thanks as always for the work, I couldn't even make a good playlist let alone a full on mix like you do.

WanderingWind

Go to the islands on your next vacation. It's cultural.

...and nah. You'd still swing at a white dude calling you that OTHER word.

Hafai Adai, brah!

Detox

Lil b goes way over your heads if I wasn't on my phone I would link to Lupe's blogpost. His message is too subliminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom